Retarded story: Jay-Z watches Brokeback? Wow!

idiotproofidiotproof 880 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
I was going through Google News looking for news on the impending civil war in Iraq & i spot this...I have no idea what the Post Chronicle is, but it must be a feeble paper.I find this a pretty stupid story. Questioning someone's sexuality because of the film they watch???I haven't seen it yet, but people reckon its pretty good. As a film. Anyone here confirm this?Or maybe you don't want to create suspicions... Ha!Banned in Malaysia.Um...what is a 'swank' movie?Hip-Hop Star Jay-Z Sees Swank Movie Brokeback-Alone?[/b]by Mike Baron Feb 24, 2006The movie 'Brokeback Mountain' is a film based in 1963 where the story of two flamboyant cowboys are sent to a mountain to search for work as sheepherders.This movie has been leaving controversial bread crumbs all over the place from the time it was released last year causing it to be banned in certain places such as Jamaica and Quebec. But this didn???t stop one major rap star in the industry from going to see the movie.According to host Flo Anthony on radio station 96.3 in D.C., Jay-Z was seen in a theater watching the film. It may not be any business what the star does or sees in his free time, I'd like to know why he would ever see this movie. When Charles Barkley heard about the Jay-Z's outting during All-Star Weekend, he reportedly said, "Why is a man who got the woman he got doing in a theater watching a movie like this?"The All-star Player does raise an excellent question. What exactly were his motives for going to see this fruity movie[/b]. No one can really say if he went by himself or with another person, but it's just as bad either way. Maybe he's looking to explore some new things and broaden the horizon for himself, but there's no way to be sure.Original source..http://www.postchronicle.com/news/entertainment/tittletattle/article_2127980.shtml

Comments

• more fine commentary by postchronicle.com:

Stop The ACLU

Pro-Abortion Nominally Catholic Politicians Think They're Above The Law

The New York Times: Out of Control

Al Gore Personifies Liberal Disloyalty To America

San Francisco Needs to Leave the US

no joke.

• It is intersting to see how afraid a lot of male beings are when it comes to gayness. They are so hard, so strong and so brave and than they are afraid of men who love men ???

They are the real pussys if you ask me.

Peace
    Hawkeye

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    That is hilarious. What could his motives be for going to see a critically acclaimed Oscar-nominated film? Suspicious indeed...

From the first paragraph where the film's main characters are described as flamboyant you can see it's just about gay bashing. I also like the line at the bottom "Compiled from wire reports" which is pretty much shorthand for "I just made this up". Despite the grand name of that site it's clearly run by some sub-educational dolt who will probably get a law suit sometime soon if he carries on writing this kind of stuff. Personally, I'm more suspicious of people who watch Chuck Norris films. Especially if they watch them alone. Because, you know, maybe they're looking to explore some new things and broaden the horizon for themselves, but there's no way to be sure.

• more fine commentary by postchronicle.com:

Stop The ACLU

Pro-Abortion Nominally Catholic Politicians Think They're Above The Law

The New York Times: Out of Control

Al Gore Personifies Liberal Disloyalty To America

San Francisco Needs to Leave the US

no joke.

Oh. Are they like a Republican mouthpiece? I get it now...
    Like Fox network in print... (sorry about Murdoch dudes. We couldn't stop him leaving. Though he's no longer one of us.)

Yeah it was definitely gay bashing.
    Fuck it. I think i'll just see the damn film on principle.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    This movie has been leaving controversial bread crumbs all over the place from the time it was released last year causing it to be banned in certain places such as Jamaica and Quebec[/b] .

Huge lie! utterly untrue. That flamboyant remark had me pissed too.

• good to hear it's a lie, had me wondering for a minute already.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    This movie has been leaving controversial bread crumbs all over the place from the time it was released last year causing it to be banned in certain places such as Jamaica and Quebec[/b] .

Huge lie! utterly untrue. That flamboyant remark had me pissed too.

Yeah, I didn't get that, either. Have many people here seen it? Is it really that amazing?

No helicopter chases but still pretty good.

• No sandals but lots of jeans. Pretty good.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

This movie has been leaving controversial bread crumbs all over the place

and on top of it all, pretty horrific writing

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Word on the street iz

Cats are callin' them Brokeback Mountain....

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Word on the street iz

Cats are callin' them Brokeback Mountain....

oh no! where's that ass-hurt graemlin?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    does anybody know if they have an actual writing staff or if they just accept stories from freelance folks?

if its the latter I say we hold a competition to see which strutters can get the most outrageous story published.

who's down?

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Word on the street iz

Cats are callin' them DefJam Mountain....

does anybody know if they have an actual writing staff or if they just accept stories from freelance folks?

if its the latter I say we hold a competition to see which strutters can get the most outrageous story published.

who's down?

Ha ha, oh yeah. That whole site is so badly written I think it's probably one guy under different bylines ... I'm gonna do it. Watch that space.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

causing it to be banned in certain places such as Jamaica and Quebec.

This isn't true it's showing in the theaters downhere now.

• Charles Barkley has always come off like a fuckhead..

it's a good movie BTW.