Door Bitches (NRR)

bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
So i roll out with the ex to see Sheep in the optimen last night supporting a mediocre Aussie hip-hop act "the herd".Tell the door bitch that i should be on the list. She tells me that im "probably not" without even looking at her clip board. I ask her to please check and she asks whos list im on, i tell her Sheep, and she says "yeah look, their list got heavily cut... i mean people are here to see the herd, you know what i mean?" I ask her to actually bother looking, she does and says "yeah you were on here but you got cut" I ask if i can buy a ticket, but its sold out. So i hang for awhile, and see 2 people come out and try to hail a taxi, so i ask them if they were leaving could they tell door bitch, and she can let us pay to get in. She tells me that "its against regulations" and they are "way over capacity as it is". I'm fucking FUMING by this point, and point out that if she is so worried about regulations then why the fuck are they "already way over capacity". She just looks at me blankly. I tell her we won't even hang around for the herd, we'll be out before everyone even turns up. She just shakes here head as im talking going "no no no no no no" over the top of me like a fucking 5 year old. Man i'm still pissed about it, i mean she has a job to do- but until the end i was being nice, not some drunken fuck trying to weasel his way in. I was on the fucking list- YOU cut me- you should at least try to be nice to me, and help me out when all im trying to do is go support a freind playing. I came up with a solution to the capacity problem, and you could have got $50 more out of us for tickets, and its not like the fire inspector or liqour licensing or whatever is going to know that we are not those 2 people that aren't coming back.

Comments

• koopskoops 10 Posts
    that touched me. no that was just my dad.

but on the reaaaaaaaal, unlucky. at least you didnt pay for a ticket like i did that time, it still pains me to think about. lobe licking, hair brushing, tooth flossing, car driving bouncers deserve a flick to the ear hole.
    i must go.
    goodbye.

• FSNSFSNS 163 Posts
    that touched me. no that was just my dad.

• koopskoops 10 Posts
    WHERE DID YOU GET THIS.

• FSNSFSNS 163 Posts
    WHERE DID YOU GET THIS.

BEST 3rd POST EVAR....

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    dude I see nothing wrong with this. If they're over capacity, then blame yourself, should've gotten there earlier. You can't expect her to do you any favours, you're a random stranger to her. If she lets you in, then the people who are milling aboot are also going to bitch about you getting in while they're assed oot. Think about it from her p.o.v.....

• assed oot.

tee hee hee!

• It wasn't so much the fact that we couldnt get in, it was the way in which she handled it.

For starters inferring the band who's list i was on was "only the support" is rude to them, then the complete lack of sympathy for bumping off the list. If she wasnt rude i would have walked off content, coz shit happens.

The management changed fairly recently and they went from people who loved live music and wanted everyone to have a good time, to people who want to make money off being a bar/club. They have a no hip-hop after 12 policy which is lame. You used to be able to get in wearing thongs - now they have a dress code.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    You used to be able to get in wearing thongs - now they have a dress code.

You used to go there in a thong??

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Hey bobby, I'll call you today. That door shit was a big problem and I had major hassles getting in even members that were performing, we had to pull some serious stunts. It was wack, I'm sorry that those fucks cut u off the list, one of my friends had to buy a scalped ticket and missed our set...

Seriously guys, this venue is next level of wackness in how they treat patrons...

peace.

• You used to be able to get in wearing thongs - now they have a dress code.

You used to go there in a thong??

OOOPS forgot about that language barrier and all that.

"flip flops" i beleive is the appropriate term stateside?

Sheep man, i was just bummed i missed it hey, listened from the street for a bit but it was too depressing.

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    that shit is wack.

that shit is wack.

Kenny, it was @ The Zoo... u know the deal with that place huh...

• you should've returned later and thrown a bucket of pig's blood at the door chick. and videotaped it. that would've made it all worth it.

you should've returned later and thrown a bucket of pig's blood at the door chick. and videotaped it. that would've made it all worth it.

A bit of a background, I DJ for a local hip-hop act called THE OPTIMEN, who are making a bit of noise in Australia with their new album... I never ask for a guest list, but last night was one of those rare occassions a few people wanted to come, including fellow strutter bobbydee.

I'm kinda pissed they cut down the guest list without confirming with us first.... It's like, we're on early, supporting a bigger group in Australia (The Herd). It's been sold out for weeks... so they can't win or loose either way... weaksauce. I sincerly apologize to you bobby (how did it sound on the street btw ), I'll make it up in raer recordz....!

peace.

• that shit is weak. i've had even worse experiences where they literally WOULDN'T let me or performers in my group in the door to an event we were playing at. sometimes i think event staff just need to lighten the fuck up and not take shit so damn seriously. i mean, there's a time and a place for authority and all, but damn, the people who are (or were) on the guest list or performing should take precedence over anybody else, period. that's why they are performers or guests of the performers. door people shouldn't be allowed to be dicks to those heads. at least we know that you can go halfway around the world and nothing changes!

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    i am one of those door 'bitches' and what happened to you sucks. not trying to justify it, but you could have also been the 50th person she had to deal with in the same situation. her rudeness and refusal to be flexible might be understandable if her night consisted of dealing with a bunch of angry folks trying to figure out how to get in and taking their anger out on her.

folks go out and deal with at the most, five bouncers at a place. you work the door at a big party, you deal with 200 people at the least, half of whom argue over paying. thrown in there are people who don't even look at you, don't say hi or thank you, throw their money at you and there are always one or two who will try to cop a feel. that's the job and the party i work at is a really good one and (most of) the folks know me now and i know them. it isn't as bad as i'm making it sound, in fact, it's a lot of fun, but how i act and how much of a deal i give has a lot to do with how i am treated.

this is not directed at you, b-dee...often you'll get as you give. try seeing it from the other perspective as well.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    dude I see nothing wrong with this. If they're over capacity your look is not right, then blame yourself, should've gotten there earlier your threadcount up. You can't expect her to do you any favours, you're a random stranger to her. If she lets you in, then the people who are milling aboot are also going to bitch about you getting in while they're assed oot. Think about it from her p.o.v.....

• i am one of those door 'bitches' and what happened to you sucks. not trying to justify it, but you could have also been the 50th person she had to deal with in the same situation. her rudeness and refusal to be flexible might be understandable if her night consisted of dealing with a bunch of angry folks trying to figure out how to get in and taking their anger out on her.

folks go out and deal with at the most, five bouncers at a place. you work the door at a big party, you deal with 200 people at the least, half of whom argue over paying. thrown in there are people who don't even look at you, don't say hi or thank you, throw their money at you and there are always one or two who will try to cop a feel. that's the job and the party i work at is a really good one and (most of) the folks know me now and i know them. it isn't as bad as i'm making it sound, in fact, it's a lot of fun, but how i act and how much of a deal i give has a lot to do with how i am treated.

this is not directed at you, b-dee...often you'll get as you give. try seeing it from the other perspective as well.

Nothing but love missbassie- its TOTALLY understandable getting pissed at rude drunken fools, i do myself playing out. It just burns me when people don't return a polite attitude with similar. I have to deal with assholes every day in my job (mostly estate agents & advertising execs) and i know how much it hurts to be nice to them when they are yelling at me. But conversly i will go out of my way to make sure the people who are nice to me get prefferential treatment. FTR- from the way you explained yourself with sympathy but explaining your situation, your exactly how i would have liked to be treated. Not "door bitch" at all.