Mac screen capture - sound off?

SensiRiderSensiRider 97 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
Dear Mac experts,Apple care is no help and the google tells me nothing.Tiger 10.4.5.When I use screen capture (shift-command+4) and i-tunes is playing I hear a pop in my internal speakers as I release the mouse button. This is just as the file is being written to the desktop and corresponds with the time when the screen capture makes that stupid camera shutter sound, so I suspect it's some problem with what program is grabbing control of the sound output. Anybody know a way to change the sound defaults for screen capture? I know you can use the terminal to change the default file format and I'm wondering if there's a similar approach to the sound settings. Thanks.

Comments

• it's not nearly as elegant as the key command, but if you use the Grab app, which is just a GUI for the terminal commands, you can turn sound off in the preferences.

• I drop megadung bombs more faster than you blink?

• it's not nearly as elegant as the key command, but if you use the Grab app, which is just a GUI for the terminal commands, you can turn sound off in the preferences.

Elegant computing is pretty much my middle name.

Check your pm's in a minute for news about an engagement. Don't worry though, you won't find out about mine through a soulstrut pm.

• hey, the PMs are misbehaving and I can't reply. that's great news about c & a. i'll give you a call this weekend.

• maybe it's an alert sound, some of them sound like a pop or a glitch. if you turn off the alert sounds in the system preference that might do it.

Dear Mac experts,

Apple care is no help and the google tells me nothing.

Tiger 10.4.5.

When I use screen capture (shift-command+4) and i-tunes is playing I hear a pop in my internal speakers as I release the mouse button. This is just as the file is being written to the desktop and corresponds with the time when the screen capture makes that stupid camera shutter sound, so I suspect it's some problem with what program is grabbing control of the sound output. Anybody know a way to change the sound defaults for screen capture? I know you can use the terminal to change the default file format and I'm wondering if there's a similar approach to the sound settings.

Thanks.

• maybe it's an alert sound, some of them sound like a pop or a glitch. if you turn off the alert sounds in the system preference that might do it.

I probably should have mentioned that after the pop the speakers stop working. I-tunes (or whatever other sound generating program) is still running and when I pause and resume the track the sound starts up again.