Knicks might get Steve Francis

13»

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Well, the LB/AI experiment didn't quite work.

They went to the FINALS.

So if you're trying to argue that Larry Brown somehow turned Iverson into a complete guard, you're only gonna score partial credit for that because that only partially happened.

And that proves he's the "complete guard" you're arguing that he is...how, exactly?

I'm not disputing AI is better post-Brown than he was pre-Brown. But folks are trying to claim he underwent this complete transformation wherein he became something akin to the Sixers' version of Chauncey Billups. Not true. He's not as out-of-control as he used to be, but let's not fall all over ourselves trying to suck him off for being a model guard when he's not. Again, partial credit.

At the end of the season, we'll take Chaunceys numbers and compare them to AI's MVP season.
    AI did more than score.
    His steals/assists/rebounds were

Go ahead. Then try to compare Chauncey's making his teammates better and running the show efficiently to AI's style of play. Or compare AI's defensive ability to Chauncey's. Or his game management. Or his ability to work within the game instead of forcing the game. Or how many times he gambled on a steal, blew it, and gave the opposition an easy basket compared to how many times Chauncey did that. Or, if you want to look at numbers, look at FG percentage or assist-to-turnover ratio. But there's much more to basketball than numbers. AI may be a hell of a talent, but he really needs to learn court discipline and how to play a style other than 1-on-5. If he ever does so, he'll be a fucking monster that nobody can handle. He plays exceptionally hard. Probably harder than anybody else in the league. And that's every game, and that's really admirable. But he has problems playing smart.

Now I'll just wait for somebody to say that I'm claiming Chauncey Billups is a better talent than AI. That'll be fun.

That is the gawd AI--I'm not even hearin' this foolishness.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Were u talkin the shit about Billups when he was in Boston? Nope. Detroit Billups turned the corner when Rasheed Wallace Larry Brown arrived.

I'll give you that.

And really, my point is simply this:
    "Great basketball talent" is not necessarily identical to "great basketball player."

Billups was an unremarkable player for most of his early career. Did he suddenly become significantly more talented? No, not really. But he learned how to better utilize the talent he already had. If AI ever does the same thing, nobody in the league would be able to fuck with him. But I don't see that happening.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Go ahead. Then try to compare Chauncey's making his teammates better and running the show efficiently to AI's style of play. Or compare AI's defensive ability to Chauncey's. Or his game management. Or his ability to work within the game instead of forcing the game. Or how many times he gambled on a steal, blew it, and gave the opposition an easy basket compared to how many times Chauncey did that. Or, if you want to look at numbers, look at FG percentage or assist-to-turnover ratio. But there's much more to basketball than numbers. AI may be a hell of a talent, but he really needs to learn court discipline and how to play a style other than 1-on-5. If he ever does so, he'll be a fucking monster that nobody can handle. He plays exceptionally hard. Probably harder than anybody else in the league. And that's every game, and that's really admirable. But he has problems playing smart.

Now I'll just wait for somebody to say that I'm claiming Chauncey Billups is a better talent than AI. That'll be fun.

i don't see how this sort of zeal is any different than that given to a certain player wearing jersey number 8. AI's got mad game, but he has some very valid points there. 'course, Chauncey doesn't have explosiveness and gets ripped by quicker guards. Every player has weaknesses, and really you're only as good as how skillful and discplined your teammates are. Good, in his case, meaning winning rings.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

i don't see how this sort of zeal is any different than that given to a certain player wearing jersey number 8.

It's not any different.

And then again it is completely different. Because AI is real.

stephon marbury
    steve francis
    jamal crawford
    quentin richardson
    nate robinson
    jalen rose

what is this roster?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    stephon marbury
    steve francis
    jamal crawford
    quentin richardson
    nate robinson
    jalen rose

what is this roster?

vertically challeneged and overpaid?

i don't see how this sort of zeal is any different than that given to a certain player wearing jersey number 8.

It's not any different.

And then again it is completely different. Because AI is real.

definitely, he's got the streets in him.

stephon marbury
    steve francis
    jamal crawford
    quentin richardson
    nate robinson
    jalen rose

what is this roster?

vertically challeneged and overpaid?

ha!

3 points for the West!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    stephon marbury
    steve francis
    jamal crawford
    quentin richardson
    nate robinson
    jalen rose

what is this roster?

15-38

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Current ESPN Poll Results....of course the conclusions are mine

Who is more to blame for the Knicks' struggles? (10,949 votes)
    65.7% Isiah Thomas
    24.8% Knicks players
    9.5% Larry Brown

Conclusion: When in doubt, blame the boss[/b]

Who will be the first to leave New York? (70,516 votes)
    32.7% Isiah Thomas
    21.2% Jamal Crawford
    20.7% Stephon Marbury
    18.7% Larry Brown
    6.3% Steve Francis

Conclusion: Stevie Franchise will run all of them out of town[/b]

What do you expect from the combination of Steve Francis, Jamal Crawford and Stephon Marbury in the backcourt? (10,949 votes)
    75.6% It won't work.
    17.8% It will take time, but eventually work
    6.6% Instant chemistry

Conclusion: 6.6% of those polled smoke crack[/b]

How much longer will Brown coach the Knicks? (10,949 votes)
    44.7% One more season
    25.1% Two more seasons
    18.2% He'll quit during or after this season
    11.9% Three or more seasons

Conclusion: The Knicks need to pay alumni Phil Jackson whatever it takes to prove just how great a coach he is[/b]

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Rock,

You're killin it with these b-ball posts!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Rock,

You're killin it with these b-ball posts!

a nice post revival from the veteran rock A delic

Guys those what is this roster cracks were classic.

AI in the MVP season and game1-2 finals is the proof to shutdown that AI/billups shit.
    Like looking at the raptors only succesful stint in the playoffs when asking can vince carter take it to another level. But further AI is consistent and solid.