Knicks might get Steve Francis

Comments

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    how is this year's draft class shaping up for non-guards? Adam Morrison and who else?

Is that like a BB-related ?

Because I don't really start doing NCAA research until the Tourney. It was more of an off-the-cuff query.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    how is this year's draft class shaping up for non-guards? Adam Morrison and who else?

no....just sharing the pile of garbage available this draft

• probably the only good look for the knicks right now... they won't really need to worry about what they get out of this year's draft... I swear Isiah's plan is to keep honking long enough to get Oden next year...

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    good look for the knicks right now

Dood has reasonable skillz and I watch him for pointers. AND he's down with RUDY HUXTABLE.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Well, shit.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Well, shit.

So basically all there really is this year is Dude form Gonzaga and...and... yeah, I guiess dude from Duke ain't too bad. But the NBA ain't realy gaining any new stars this June.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Condolences to all Knick Fans....

Larry Brown is delusional....

Just saw him comparing their current backcourt to Clyde, Earl The Pearl and Dick Barnett.....

Maybe if they had some guys like Bradley, Debusschere, Reed.....

oh and maybe Dave Stallworth, Mike Reardon and Cazzie Russell.......

and that Phil Jackson guy....and who could "forget" Jerry Lucas

to go along with them....

but they have Qyntel Woods, David Lee and Jerome James.

When are the Nets gonna move to Brooklyn and rescue you poor NY'ers

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    francis+marbury=30 million

whole pistons starting five=33 million

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Old news... and a terrible look.

co sign

Unless they play like Marbury & A.I. in the all star game a couple of yrs ago.

Double guard attack.......

KennySmith/VernonMaxwell..............hmmmmmmmmmmm?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

But those guys actually knew their roles and played well together. Kenny was the point guard, Vernon was the shooting guard. They stuck to those roles pretty well, ya know? Like, Kenny Smith didn't spend a lot of time looking for his shot, though he did shoot when the flow of the offense said he should.

Contrast with Marbury and Francis, both of whom will dribble the ball flat looking for their own shot. On top of that, they've still got that streetball mentality wherein only hard shots are worth taking as easy shots don't adequately show you off.

On the bright side, we could be looking at the most basketball ineptitude this side of the Washington Generals, and that would be entertaining.

But those guys actually knew their roles and played well together. Kenny was the point guard, Vernon was the shooting guard. They stuck to those roles pretty well, ya know? Like, Kenny Smith didn't spend a lot of time looking for his shot, though he did shoot when the flow of the offense said he should.

Contrast with Marbury and Francis, both of whom will dribble the ball flat looking for their own shot. On top of that, they've still got that streetball mentality wherein only hard shots are worth taking as easy shots don't adequately show you off.

If anybody in this league can transform a point/shooting guard into a pure Guard, its Larry Brown.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

If anybody in this league can transform a point/shooting guard into a pure Guard, its Larry Brown.

If anyone can not listen to a coach its steve fr... oh wait i just saw behind the glory and it seems francis used to really be influenced by his coaches hopefully hes got some respect for larry and we can see a hubeybrown/j-will type of evolution

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Any breaking news on further last minute dealz by Isiah?

If anyone can not listen to a coach its steve fr... oh wait i just saw behind the glory and it seems francis used to really be influenced by his coaches hopefully hes got some respect for larry and we can see a hubeybrown/j-will type of evolution

LOL

I was talkin' to my homie last night(KNICK FAN) and I mentioned that Francis wanted out of Houston, who was doing quite well. How long will he be content playing in dysfunctional/losing NYC?

Well, the LB/AI experiment didn't quite work. So now that LB has two Iversons on his hands, I can't imagine it's going to work any better. As noted, the only coach Francis got along with was Rudy T, but that's because Rudy basically said, "Take the ball and do whatever the hell you want with it, Stevie." As soon as a coach tries to implement an offensive system that isn't "Let Stevie do whatever the hell he wants," Francis bitches up. And Marbury's already a lost cause. Ladies and gentleman, your starting backcourt for the New York Knicks!

Well, the LB/AI experiment didn't quite work.

They went to the FINALS.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

They went to the FINALS.

Seriously... and LB still publicly pines for AI. Steph got his feelings hurt recently over that.

They went to the FINALS.

Seriously... and LB still publicly pines for AI. Steph got his feelings hurt recently over that.

No doubt.

A.I. practically cries when asked what Brown did for his game. Francis is another story though.

They went to the FINALS.

And got they ass stomped. And did you notice what happened when the Sixers started losing? AI would abandon the offense and freelance, seemingly determined to put up as many 9-28 shooting performances as possible. So if you're trying to argue that Larry Brown somehow turned Iverson into a complete guard, you're only gonna score partial credit for that because that only partially happened.

And as stubborn as Iverson can be, he's got nothing on Marbury or Francis in that category, so this Knicks situation is even worse.

• dude put ANY team against those Lakers they would've gotten stomped. I'm not gonna argue that AI is a complete guard but you can't really hold those losses against him. He made HUGE improvements under brown and is leaps and bounds better than when he started.

I think dudes are a little hard on Steph too, I mean he leaves a lot to be desired but he is also one of the more productive members of the team.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I think dudes are a little hard on Steph too, I mean he leaves a lot to be desired but he is also one of the more productive members of the team.

As evidenced by the Knicks being 1 and 10 (or is it 11), without him in the line-up, due to his most recent injury.

They went to the FINALS.

So if you're trying to argue that Larry Brown somehow turned Iverson into a complete guard, you're only gonna score partial credit for that because that only partially happened.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    dude put ANY team against those Lakers they would've gotten stomped. I'm not gonna argue that AI is a complete guard but you can't really hold those losses against him. He made HUGE improvements under brown and is leaps and bounds better than when he started.

Exactly, and if you remember the excitement of the beginning of that series it was the closest others had been at beating the lakers. Game 1 surprise victory and game 2 very tight with AI leading both

Yeah i think marbury had finally changed his attitudes with the suns. But since he is in NY the team situation has not helped at all. Stevie hmmmm i really want this to work but....

• isiah looks nervous, stevie looks like even he's confused by this move, larry looks like he wants to jump off a bridge. the knicks keep piling talent on top of talent without any strategy even though we read shit like this -

GREENBURGH, NY, February 21, 2006 -- Isiah Thomas minced no words. ???New York has never been through rebuilding before,??? he said. ???New York has never seen it. It can be an ugly process, it can be dirty, it can be bloody and, yes, sometimes it???s even embarrassing. But this is what it looks like. This is where we are. It???s necessary, what we are doing. Rebuilding is what we are committed to. It???s what we have to do to improve our team for the long term.???
    Forty-eight hours before the NBA trading deadline, the Knicks President, Basketball Operations left no doubt about his proactive stance toward making a swap. ???Over the past few days I???ve probably talked to, hmm, maybe 28 teams,??? he said, excepting the ???team across the river.??? ???But you never know. I could walk back to my office right now and someone could be on the phone saying ???you???ve got a deal???. Or it???s possible that zero will happen.???

how is this not the exact opposite of rebuilding? it's really kind of hilarious .. i mean we're letting every fucking team in the league rebuild while we foot the bill ... unbelievable

larry looks like he wants to jump off a bridge.

Not true..........He likes Francis. But then again he wouldnt say shit to the media if he didnt.

They went to the FINALS.

So if you're trying to argue that Larry Brown somehow turned Iverson into a complete guard, you're only gonna score partial credit for that because that only partially happened.

And that proves he's the "complete guard" you're arguing that he is...how, exactly?

I'm not disputing AI is better post-Brown than he was pre-Brown. But folks are trying to claim he underwent this complete transformation wherein he became something akin to the Sixers' version of Chauncey Billups. Not true. He's not as out-of-control as he used to be, but let's not fall all over ourselves trying to suck him off for being a model guard when he's not. Again, partial credit.

• Well, the LB/AI experiment didn't quite work.

They went to the FINALS.

And that proves he's the "complete guard" you're arguing that he is...how, exactly?

I'm not disputing AI is better post-Brown than he was pre-Brown. But folks are trying to claim he underwent this complete transformation wherein he became something akin to the Sixers' version of Chauncey Billups. Not true. He's not as out-of-control as he used to be, but let's not fall all over ourselves trying to suck him off for being a model guard when he's not. Again, partial credit.

dude AI is one of the best players our generation has seen...

They went to the FINALS.

At the end of the season, we'll take Chaunceys numbers and compare them to AI's MVP season.
    AI did more than score.
    His steals/assists/rebounds were

How can u call the MOST VALUABLE PLAYER as incomplete?

They went to the FINALS.

At the end of the season, we'll take Chaunceys numbers and compare them to AI's MVP season.
    AI did more than score.

Go ahead. Then try to compare Chauncey's making his teammates better and running the show efficiently to AI's style of play. Or compare AI's defensive ability to Chauncey's. Or his game management. Or his ability to work within the game instead of forcing the game. Or how many times he gambled on a steal, blew it, and gave the opposition an easy basket compared to how many times Chauncey did that. Or, if you want to look at numbers, look at FG percentage or assist-to-turnover ratio. But there's much more to basketball than numbers. AI may be a hell of a talent, but he really needs to learn court discipline and how to play a style other than 1-on-5. If he ever does so, he'll be a fucking monster that nobody can handle. He plays exceptionally hard. Probably harder than anybody else in the league. And that's every game, and that's really admirable. But he has problems playing smart.

Now I'll just wait for somebody to say that I'm claiming Chauncey Billups is a better talent than AI. That'll be fun.

They went to the FINALS.

AI did more than score.

Go ahead. Then try to compare Chauncey's making his teammates better and running the show efficiently to AI's style of play. Or compare AI's defensive ability to Chauncey's. Or his game management. Or his ability to work within the game instead of forcing the game. Or how many times he gambled on a steal, blew it, and gave the opposition an easy basket compared to how many times Chauncey did that. Or, if you want to look at numbers, look at FG percentage or assist-to-turnover ratio. But there's much more to basketball than numbers. AI may be a hell of a talent, but he really needs to learn court discipline and how to play a style other than 1-on-5. If he ever does so, he'll be a fucking monster that nobody can handle. He plays exceptionally hard. Probably harder than anybody else in the league. And that's every game, and that's really admirable. But he has problems playing smart.

Now I'll just wait for somebody to say that I'm claiming Chauncey Billups is a better talent than AI. That'll be fun.

Were u talkin the shit about Billups when he was in Boston? Nope. Detroit turned the corner when Rasheed Wallace arrived.