Good records on the Kapp label

2»

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Just picked up that Karen Dalton this weekend - quite good.

See, I found this album 3 times last year and sold it every time. I just couldn't get into it. I somehow found her voice really grating. Now the Perhacs, on the other hand, is something I will ride for 'til I die.

I really like her voice, but I can definitely see it bothering people.

burnin question: is the karen dalton albums that hard to come by? ive had a heck of a time trying to get 'its so hard to tell whose gonna love you best'--- i figured id have seen it by now, its on capitol and shit.

Pretty sure the Capitol one is pretty raer. One of those major label oddities.

• the just sunshine dalton is not too hard to find, the capitol lp is rare. i like both albums but the capitol one is like burnt blues lp in parts.

there are lots of titles on capitol from the early 70's that are really tough to find. common people, ben sidran feel your groove, food forever is a dream, brothers unlimited (is that what it's called?).... shit that green capitol label is a bitch. there is even a wicked rare mel torme lp from that era. that dalton is hella tight in my book... i got it.

i think it is way more raer than the linda lp on kapp. i have had that 5 times. you just have to know how to look through garbage 70's pop and folk records to locate that lp. or maybe it is just more common in LA. that dalton on capitol i have only had twice.

ap

• And who could forget S*l*** ***l*s ?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    And who could forget S*l*** ***l*s ?

I've tried...but it's pretty hard when every "hipster" magazine on earth is trying to shove them up my ass.

• And who could forget S*l*** ***l*s ?

I want this!

• I like el chicano---senor blues is way nice off their 'celebration' lp, and I like viva tirado off their other...I think there was even a 'best of' lp by them

Speaking of El Chicano (though not Kapp): I've got a white label LP of them playing live for a Navy radio station, early 70s, complete with navy guy's "the navy is a great way???" 30 sec ads, band member interviews (oh so natural on the cue) and a nice little uptempo jam. Anyone know about this??