Internet personas: impact on modern society

2»

Comments

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    I recently made flash cards with all of the graemlins on them. I cary them around so I can use them in conversations.

When my boss says we have to work through lunch. I hold up my card that says .

When he tells me I can leave an hour early.

When my girlfreind and I are listening to the radio in the car and she asks me where she heard the song before.

When she tells me I'm an asshole

I figure I am just a few graemlins away from neer having to speak again.

oh man, Raj needs to make a full set of graemlin flash cards and then offer them as a SS pledge premium. that would be excellent. each year he could offer an update expansion pack with all the new ones.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    behaviours on SS are often considered to be part of an "internet persona"

Acting like an idiot on a message board and attributing it to some kind of off/online personality split is pathetic. Grown men need to get out of the sandbox and stop playing around with their own poop.

Give this man the bag.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I call everyone I meet a racist homophone. On occasion I threaten to take a baseball bat to their head. If I can't resolve my issues with the, I slide little crumpled notes in their pockets that I title "pocket messages" or PM's.

I also gangbang and list every thing I pick up to show others after I pick up 500 items along the same line as that thing.

I get sad when people ignore me

I want a bag

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    My internet persona is me when I'm drunk.

Me when I'm sober is pretty dull.

I think this is because alchohol taps into my Qi, and soulstrut just makes me act like a dumbass.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    im down to fight anyone here or in real life. pick a street/thread and ill meet you there.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Beautiful, beautiful testimonies, people. Now I want all participants to hold hands and say loud and clear:

"I WILL TRY TO RECONCILE MY INTERNET PERSONA WITH THE REAL ME"[/b]

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    im down to fight anyone here or in real life. pick a street/thread and ill meet you there.

Call me a friggin no-good haole and I'm there beyatch.....oh yeah....you have to pay for my ticket to the Island.......or you're soft!!

• FSNSFSNS 163 Posts

"WE ALL HAVE TV NAMES."

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    I clown around just as much in real life as I do on the internet. I guess I just like seeing the humour in things.

Now, give me my bag. I need something to put all my unofficial gremlin-flash-cards in.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Are you the real keeper of the Space Moose?

if so, you should know that I put out

Are you the real keeper of the Space Moose?

if so, you should know that I put out
    If I lied and said I was, would you still put out? I'm racist and homophobic.

I'm just at where he went. And I happen to have access to some space moose raer.

• I bet his farts smell like patchouli.

Cunt.

Holy shit this had me in stitches for a good 15! Internat comedic genius!

Paging AP.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    So, I will ask you to play a little game I call "Wear my shoes". It's quite simple and of course it is fully detailed in my book "Dating your online persona is wrong" (2003).
    Choose a fellow Strutter and say something so that the rest of us could guess who he/she is.

peace... stein

WHO COULD IT BE?!?!??!!

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    OK, here i go:

[insert pic of raers]

"All for $0.02 each, except the last four. Thrifstore clerk paid ME to take those home"

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    I figure I'm more or less the same in person as I am on the strut. I imagine any of the folks who've met me would agree.

K in Canada

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    OMG
    RADD

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    OMG
    RADD

What do I win?

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts

BACK AND FORTH. FOREVER.[/b]