Iguodala was robbed !

edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
Jake!Anybody see this shit ?c'mon now dude did a dunk that will go down in history....from BEHIND the backboard REVERSE !and his bounce,catch,behind the back one handed was the 2nd best dunk of the night...meanwhile....Nate damn near kicks Spud Webb in the head....SPUD MOVED!he was being laughed at by Lebron and Kobe .........he tried the same dunk over like 10 times....twicemidget biasmidget jerseys in full demandmidget in rap videosNew York has a new star !Dunk Contest Charles was drunk and Kenny was cheerleading

Comments

• Jake!

Anybody see this shit ?

c'mon now dude did a dunk that will go down in history....from BEHIND the backboard REVERSE !

and his bounce,catch,behind the back one handed was the 2nd best dunk of the night...

meanwhile....Nate damn near kicks Spud Webb in the head....SPUD MOVED!
    he was being laughed at by Lebron and Kobe .........he tried the same dunk over like 10 times....twice

midget bias

midget jerseys in full demand

midget in rap videos

New York has a new star !

Dunk Contest

Charles was drunk and Kenny was cheerleading

The end was fucked I'll agree but that big old ass fucker Moses Malone gave Nate a 8 on his last dunk in regulation and gave AI2 a fucking 10 for his generic bullshit. Nate should have won right there. I know I'm hella biased though!!!! This still aint making up for that super bowl fuckery!! BTW They really can't give dudes 500 attempts on a dunk. Iguodala flopped by doin that crazy shit with Iverson so early. That should have been his last dunk.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Moses Malone gave Nate a 8 on his last dunk in regulation

shit...by the time Nate finally dunked the ball after 14 attempts Moses was sleep...he didn't know what the fuck number he was holding up....

and you're right... Iguodala got worse as the contest went on

Josh Smith embarassed himself

• Moses Malone gave Nate a 8 on his last dunk in regulation

shit...by the time Nate finally dunked the ball after 14 attempts Moses was sleep...he didn't know what the fuck number he was holding up....

and you're right... Iguodala got worse as the contest went on

Josh Smith embarassed himself

That shit he did with the tape was embarassing!

Iguodala had such a physical advantage but he didn't really have much imagination besides the one dunk. Nate was trying some wild shit! Its pretty shocking that he won considering he was really looking on the verge of quitting when he couldn't get that between the legs dunk thru. The contest was pretty exciting to me but I'm clearly biased. I wish I was in Seattle to see what the celebration was looking like in the southend. His younger brother Chicken (i know, ridiculous name) raps with some of the little hommies at Vitamins studio. He's actually alright. Nate on the other hand is on the mic. Dana Barros and Cedric Ceballos would eat his food on some rap shit.

• overall i think igoudala shoulda won. that bounce catch behind the back with one hand dunk was so smooth! but damn, i have to say that when a player like nate robinson's height can sky like that, it's pretty amazing to watch.

what was with the dude holding up a 10 and changing his mind like that on the final dunk? did anyone see that? i guess you're allowed to change your mind or something, but i think they should set some more strict rules in the future for judges and players (no 10 tries, etc).

also, what's up with nowitzki's late money ball counting in the first round of the 3pt shootout? i realize all star weekend is for fun and for the fans but tightening the competition up with a little replay wouldn't hurt. i wanted to see my boy chauncey do something in the shootout but really didn't expect "mr. big shot" to win, as long as he makes clutch buckets in real games.

• meanwhile....Nate damn near kicks Spud Webb in the head....SPUD MOVED!
    he was being laughed at by Lebron and Kobe .........

haha...yes they were blatently laughing at nate.

did you see the close-up of kobe saying "what the fuck" when he threw the hawks jersey to spud while setting the dunk up?

• meanwhile....Nate damn near kicks Spud Webb in the head....SPUD MOVED!
    he was being laughed at by Lebron and Kobe .........

haha...yes they were blatently laughing at nate.

did you see the close-up of kobe saying "what the fuck" when he threw the hawks jersey to spud while setting the dunk up?

Another reason to hate that bastard Kobe! Let Nate live!!!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Jake!

Anybody see this shit ?

c'mon now dude did a dunk that will go down in history....from BEHIND the backboard REVERSE !

and his bounce,catch,behind the back one handed was the 2nd best dunk of the night...

meanwhile....Nate damn near kicks Spud Webb in the head....SPUD MOVED!
    he was being laughed at by Lebron and Kobe .........he tried the same dunk over like 10 times....twice

midget bias

midget jerseys in full demand

midget in rap videos

New York has a new star !

Dunk Contest

Charles was drunk and Kenny was cheerleading

just caught the highlights.

no REAL dunk champion tries a dunk 10 times.

AI should have won.

• you fuckres cant even let us knicks fans enjoy what little we have to be happy about this season.

• just caught the highlights.

exactly...so you won't that moment of WTF when nate skyed spud, I don't care if spud ducked, or dodged a little, that shit was

and the dunk off?? at least nate came with some different shit, rather than the same 'ol through the legs JR Rider did that twenty years ago dunk.

• COTDAMMMIT I JUST DID A LONG ASS POST AND THE SCHITT TIMED OUT!!! ARRRRRRRRGGGHHH!!! I gotta keep in mind how this new soulstrut schitt is now...

ANYWAY, here we go again... Iggy got robbed, no doubt. Lil man had some nice joints, no question... if he hadn't had to do two of those dunks like 50 times each I would've given it to him hands down (that twice-between-the-legs-off-the-backboard-in-midair selfpass was actually the most impressive schitt he did IMO... my wife said he was doin' some ol' leprechaun schitt). But that one dunk AI did was, if not the best dunk ever, definitely the most difficult ever. An alley oop off of the BACKSIDE of the backboard? Oh, baby! You gotta try to jump as high as possible just so you can hang in the air long enough to catch the ball, bring it to the other side and still dunk it in, all while trying to bring your head down so that it doesn't hit the backboard! That is CRAZY. A lot of dudes on playgrounds and gyms all over the US are gonna be bustin' their heads the fuck open trying to duplicate that schitt.

• yall are crazy. it was nate's night!

• yall are crazy. it was nate's night!

Let me get my Soulstrut on... "naw, YOU crazy. If you don't like Iggy over nate then you don't like dunk contests."

Well, he does have freakish leaping ability, I can't deny that. Doing those kinda dunks at his size is definitely . Jumping over Spud was a real good idea. He just messed up on those other attempts too many times for me to give it to him. Andre killed it with the behind the backboard schitt, and the behind the back windmill was a serious move, too... one of those dunks that most people probably don't even understand how sick it really is, just like the time when Vince put his arm through the rim.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    East vs West................. WHO U GOT?

• well nate is also much more of a showman than iggy (who's pretty quiet and modest), so it's no surprise the little guy stole the show there at the end. he did the smart thing and had an ace up his sleeve that he saved for the later part of the competition. iguodala had the most original dunk of the night, but nate was more entertaining, so i could have seen it go either way. yeah it's true that the obvious sentiment was that everybody wanted to see the little guy win, but that doesn't mean he didn't earn it either. you're right though - if he had made all his attempts the first time around it would have been a walk off for him.

but you have to admit that this guy had it all - the impressive physical accomplishment, showmanship, a historical nod that the dunk contest has come to love recently (anyone remember that dunk contest wheel of fortune thing they did a few years ago??), and the timing was perfect. that one was the show stopper. not to take anything away from iguodala though.

you fuckres cant even let us knicks fans enjoy what little we have to be happy about this season.

but you're the same idiot that claimed "Nate does that shit in practice". Nate is ill but PLEASE don't let your enthusiasm take over the FACTS:

J-Rich's off-glass, between-the-legs dunk in 2004.

• were you trying to make a point there or am i missing something?

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

SEATTLE WHAT!!!!! Ya'll need to stop hatting! Nate was dope. He won. Deal with it.

• Josh Smith embarassed himself

I would really like to know what the hell the tape was all about. Did anybody even interview him about it afterwards? I KNOW he didn't really believe he could take off from way back there and dunk it. That would truly be levitation, holmes.

• Josh Smith embarassed himself

I would really like to know what the hell the tape was all about. Did anybody even interview him about it afterwards? I KNOW he didn't really believe he could take off from way back there and dunk it. That would truly be levitation, holmes.

It would have been dope for son to try and get hung on the rim at least. I think he won it last year. He was bassin this year.

• josh smith has a horrible attitude problem and awful body language. he showed some real flashes as a rookie but is starting to look like he could go either way - he could either be a great SF in the shawn marion/gerald wallace mold or just another freakishly athletic swingman with no real basketball skills and an inflated ego. he basically does two things well - dunk and block shots. and even though he dunks everything in sight, he STILL shoots 40-something percent from the field. the kid has no heart and i wonder if he'll ever be receptive to coaching. but that doesn't change the fact that he had a 10-block game last season ... as a SF .. yikes ...

• man is the video of the dunk contest online anywhere yet? i missed that shit. I saw the shooting stars shit, but missed the dunks and the skills. and who won the skills?

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

SEATTLE WHAT!!!!! Ya'll need to stop hatting! Nate was dope. He won. Deal with it.

Cosign. Would've been even crazier if he wasn't quite able to jump over Spud and hit his face with his crotch in midflight. haha

were you trying to make a point there or am i missing something?

yea, you claimed NATE THE GREAT! has done the "off-glass, between-the-legs" dunk in practice. AND I SAID NO that is impossible, and you still adamantly made your claim. so i'm just saying keep your enthusiasm in check and KEEP YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT (unless you could lead me to your credible source).

• bro, he does the shit at the garden during warmups. you act like i just made all this up. keep my facts straight ... dude, you're just trying to deny shit that you know nothing about. you'd be surprised - i'm actually not all that enthusiastic about nate rob. i mean he's really fun to watch and everything, but he's not exactly what our team needs. in reality he's a 5'8" shooting guard. he's easy to like because of his stature and personality but he can be a maddening player to have around when it comes to wins and losses. but yeah, he's part of the nyk family and everything so i support him ...

• That was nice, but this kid is insane.

http://www.bballvideos.com/cityslam/skywalkerfreestyle.wmv

Here's a tribute dunk

http://www.bballvideos.com/cityslam/skywalkertribute.wmv

I'm trying to find the one where he dunks over the car.

He's already talking about doing a windmill over an SUV.

Now that would be

bro, he does the shit at the garden during warmups. you act like i just made all this up. keep my facts straight ... dude, you're just trying to deny shit that you know nothing about. you'd be surprised - i'm actually not all that enthusiastic about nate rob. i mean he's really fun to watch and everything, but he's not exactly what our team needs. in reality he's a 5'8" shooting guard. he's easy to like because of his stature and personality but he can be a maddening player to have around when it comes to wins and losses. but yeah, he's part of the nyk family and everything so i support him ...

all good. sorry for coming at you all aggressive and shit. i'm just very anal when it comes to talking about the nba...peace!

oh wow, that first one was pretty sick.

I just saw the entire thing on Youtube. YES, Iguodola was in fact robbed. Kenny was cheerleading throughout. and the judging was inconsistent and horrific throughout. oh and the rules should be changed to up to 3 dunks max.