old school skate decks

FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
This was my first deck way back in the day. Mine was blue. I'm feeling nostalgic, but I'm not sure how it would ride today? Some Indies and Rat Bones. Hell yeah.Fuck it! I'm getting it.

Comments

• This was mine, bought it with money i saved up, partly coins and shit i was sooooooooooooo happy

Image hosting by Photobucket

• nrichnrich 932 Posts

I had the exact same one, that deck was the shit. I had another one of his also. SMA baby!
    I traded it off years ago, the only deck I still have is a Small Room board. It's amazing how much money these things are going for now.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts

here's mine

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts

I had the exact same one, that deck was the shit. I had another one of his also. SMA baby!
    I traded it off years ago, the only deck I still have is a Small Room board. It's amazing how much money these things are going for now.

Me too! Except I had the mini...

wasnt pink though

Plus I found one of these untouched at a skate store, and hell yeah I bought that shit:

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    my favorite skater/deck ever...

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    my first "old school" deck had Joe Cool on it. we broke it that day.

and who remembers this deck? You cant tell from the photo, but the tail on this fucker is sooo high. My stepbrother had one and was able to ollie over fire hydrants when he got it, and this was cira '89.

• nrichnrich 932 Posts

"have you seen Matt... Who? Matt, Matt Hensley... Oh, he's on his way to the store"

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

"have you seen Matt... Who? Matt, Matt Hensley... Oh, he's on his way to the store"

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    Y'all some city slickers. Where my small-town, not-fucking-with-mail-order, Nash-all-in-one heads at?

• i used to ride this back in 1988-1990... santa cruz, corey o'brien:

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    i used to ride this back in 1988-1990... santa cruz, corey o'brien:

man, this thread is taking me back. Who watched Speed Freaks? Or used to play Skate or Die and get hyped up before heading out on a skate trip?

• I used to rock a white version of this deck with clear grip tape.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

I used to rock a white version of this deck with clear grip tape.
    that was my first skateboard.

• Frankie Hill in this video. 100% Nuts.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

i had a red one of these if i remember right.

although my first one was one of these:

and then i got one of these, except purple:

then the caballero, and then finally one of these:

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

Frankie Hill in this video. 100% Nuts.
    his pro skate career lasted about 3 years, cause he blew out his knees. you can go back and watch it happening. he was completely fearless.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    while we're on the subject, i gotta give my man a big public rest in peace...

i can't find any pictures of his capitol decks.

• There are no pictures of my first board. It was really narrow and made out of really thick plastic. It didn't have any grip tape. Shit was crazy. I used to bomb this hill in my neighborhood and I must have been like 7 or 8 years old. I had no fear because I had never fallen or seen a hard fall. One day me and a friend of mine were going down the hill and he hit some gravel and did a crazy face plant on the curb. His face was all fucked up. I puked when I saw it. I didn't skate again for a while after that mostly because my mom wouldn???t let me. About a month after starting up again I saw my friend compound fracture his leg. Lesson, don't skate with me.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    while we're on the subject, i gotta give my man a big public rest in peace...

i can't find any pictures of his capitol decks.

• yeah, man... skate or die, 720, even the awful half-pipe segment of california games was awesome back then... watching bones brigade movies with my vision street wear on... i had gullwing trucks, a cellblock riser, slimeball wheels, a subscription to THRASHER (back when it was all black & white)... all this when i was only 8 years old. hell, i remember watching "gleaming the cube' in the movie theater... everyone there had their board with them (we all skated to the theater)... oh, and the joy of putting together a new deck... and getting creative with your grip tape.

good times.

• oh... and as cheezy as it was...

can't forget the Valterra from "Back to the Future":

man, this thread is taking me back. Who watched Speed Freaks? Or used to play Skate or Die and get hyped up before heading out on a skate trip?

no doubt

by the way, christian hosoi is out of jail now. I read somewhere that he was busting 'christ-airs' one week after his release (and not touching a skateboard in 5 years).

my first board, no joke:

still got it too.

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    damn, yall bringin back some memories over here...

• I know I have pictures of me and my old board somewhere. Homemade from a plank of wood, K59 sticker underneath. Sims #4, nothing less was considered.

and getting creative with your grip tape.

YES!

• speaking of skaters in jail... i still need to rent that documentary about GATOR killing that girl... i think it's called "stoked"... i've been so disconnected from skating since the early 90's that i actually just found about that incident last year.