midweek 'until fri feb 17' finds

nrichnrich 932 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
picked a relatively clean copy ofnow I can retire my worn '7 and 7 is' 45

Comments

• picked a relatively clean copy of

now I can retire my worn '7 and 7 is' 45

The first side of this record is COMPLETELY PERFECT. "The Castle" is my favorite, but they are all GREAT.

The first side of this record is COMPLETELY PERFECT. "The Castle" is my favorite, but they are all GREAT.

Yeah.

But side two...

They should have just made it an EP.

• Lucky you, I have yet to run across a clean copy of any Love records in the field. Last one I saw had candle wax on it.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    picked a relatively clean copy of

yezzir. imo, the first side is better than almost anything on forever changes, but as an album, the seond side kinda ruins its chances of competing with "forever changes"

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts

raer privat press b/w

yezzir. imo, the first side is better than almost anything on forever changes, but as an album, the seond side kinda ruins its chances of competing with "forever changes"

My only quibble is that very little in the world of recorded music is fucking w/ "You Set the Scene" off of "Forever Changes", but that's my personal bias.

Hey, there are portions of "Revelation" that are okay, but it is really incongruous when laid next to that brilliant first side. And it's not even the best song called "Revalation/s"....I'm sure we can all agree that Iron Maiden takes the cake on that one.

• This is volume 9 of this fantastic series of psych comps.Each one focusing on a different country or region.This is the "Turkish" one.Not really a find but I did get it used for 6 bucks.

It's amazing.Some of the tracks are absolute mindblowers.Highest recommendation for those who are into this stuff.

• This is volume 9 of this fantastic series of psych comps.Each one focusing on a different country or region.This is the "Turkish" one.Not really a find but I did get it used for 6 bucks.

It's amazing.Some of the tracks are absolute mindblowers.Highest recommendation for those who are into this stuff.

yeah, six bucks for that is a good deal. dammit!! why you addin to my list of "new" shit I need to get?

Are all Californian girls like Cheryl Shrode?

A go go dancer and filmstudent
    Age 21
    Long blonde hair
    Brown eyes
    36/24/36
    Hobbies: Designing clothes, cooking Asian food, underground music and writing poetry

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

raer privat press b/w

Actually, that would more properly be called a "bootleg".

yeah, six bucks for that is a good deal. dammit!! why you addin to my list of "new" shit I need to get?

http://chocoreve.blogspot.com/2006/01/love-peace-and-poetry-turkish.html

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts

are you a narc?

don't harsh my mellow.

---

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

are you a narc?

don't harsh my mellow.

---

yo son, you holdin' on to that BOZZ??? I trade you AHZZ for BOZZ. WAH WAH WAH.

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    I've gotten to bring home a bunch of great stuff lately - got a huge pile of 12" last week (see: last weeks finds list) and it keeps coming:

45s: the 45s were mostly skated JA issues, of which condition forced me to leave most behind. I took 4:

Claudette Miller - Tonight Is the Night (Treasure Isle) pretty cool tune
    Sonya Spence - No Charge (High Note)
    Marcia Griffiths - Truly (Coxsone) I like Marcia Griffiths
    Boris Gardiner - Ghetto Funk (Leal) yes!

12":

West Steet Mob - Let's Dance (Sugarhill)
    Spoonie Gee - Spoonie is Back (Sugarhill)
    Dr Perri Johnson - Kick It Out (Profile)
    the Flavor Unit MCs - Roll Wit tha Flava (Epic)
    UTFO - Wanna Rock (Select)
    Stetasonic - Speaking of a girl named Suzy (Attic) Listening to Stetsasonic makes me happy
    Taking Your Business (TYB) - Just Got Laid / Show Em How It's Done (Idlers) Never heard of these guys - thought it was a JBs single
    Denroy Morgan - I'll Do Anything For You (becket) JA singer turned dancefloor boogie?
    George Kranz - Din Daa Daa (Personal) Holy shit I love this song
    Chas Jankel - Give Me Something I can remember (A&M)
    Rod - Shake It Up (Prelude) nice
    Jonzun Crew - Pack Jam (Tommy Boy)
    Downtown Science - If I Was (Def Jam)
    Padlock - Mini LP with 'Peanut Butter' (Island) allstar cast, including Larry Levan
    Petria - I Miss Your Love (Romil)
    Pam Todd and Gold Bullion Band - Baise Moi (Channel) I like this
    Tasha Thomas - Shoot Me With Your Love (Orbit) and this
    Fab 5 Freddy - Change the Beat (Celluloid) was sealed!

LPs:

Time to run OST - Love Is All Around Anyone know this one? Seems to be a Christian movie, but there's a good funky instrumental track on there called time to run...
    B-Boy Posse [i]this is a rap compliation on the Sutra label, featuring such rap heavyweights as The Bennetton Gang, KC-Work, Camden Crew, and... BDP?[i]

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Time to run OST - Love Is All Around Anyone know this one? Seems to be a Christian movie, but there's a good funky instrumental track on there called time to run...

You've answered your own question. Good instrumental track, the rest are clunkers. Christian movie with Billy Graham's involvement in it. Shown in movie theatres (apparently FOR FREE) BITD. A message movie about Jesus, pollution, and "problems of the youth."

• SooksSooks 714 Posts

You've answered your own question. Good instrumental track, the rest are clunkers. Christian movie with Billy Graham's involvement in it. Shown in movie theatres (apparently FOR FREE) BITD. A message movie about Jesus, pollution, and "problems of the youth."

thanks - if it weren't for the instrumental, they could've given the album away for free, too!

• Sai Whatt? "same old story" (Stache)

12$

stepper

/L

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    Sai Whatt? "same old story" (Stache)

12$

stepper

/L

not rare at all in california. i may still have a few sealed copies of the 12" lying around. i cant sell that fucking record. once or twice i got $15 or so on it but thats it... maybe its hard to get where you live.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

I have that too. Birdman knows something about it.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Nah, just that the rest of it is pretty bland, then that hot track outta nowhere!

I think the dude at www.blaxploitation.com wrote it up.

• so monday i scored what had to have been from maclcom maclaren's record collection...there were multiple copies of every record he ever touched (exept for sex pistols...from what i hear somebody got those before i made it to the collection)...here are some highlights:

tommy boy promos including Steinski "lessons" and the 3-D mega mix.

"duck food" is this lp malcolm put out that is a reissue of this 70s female african lp that inspired his "duck rock"...great stuff.

satellite is on the "tago mago" label and is a french minimal synth band...amazing. the lady on the bottom right was produced by Trevor Horn and is really good. the two Gina-X's are a cover of Serge Gainesbourg "harley davidson" from the lady famous for "No GDM". Alien is this rare disco 12" using samples from the first alien movie.

mint fonda rae, jeanette thomas is a rare chicago house classic, rhythm is rhythm is a rare derrick may detroit classic.

these are some brazillian records i got for 50 cent from a different spot...not from malcolm.

rare early marvin lp...again, not from the malcolm collection.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

Nah, just that the rest of it is pretty bland, then that hot track outta nowhere!

I think the dude at www.blaxploitation.com wrote it up.

I dunno where it's from, but it seems to be super common in CA - I've found it a bunch. I've seen two different covers too.

• Claudette Miller - Tonight Is the Night (Treasure Isle) pretty cool tune

yes, very cool tune! i just put this on a lovers rock mix i made...mine's on Mitchville records.

• Bought a college radio station's remains yesterday (about 3,000 records). Have only looked through a fifth of it so far. Lotsa garbage (two sided KD Lang singles, Don Henley promos, etc.). There are however a lot of good LP's in there. Here's the few I kept. Bunch of great hardcore. More to come.

Luiz Bonfa - Jacaranda (Ranwood)
    Sweet Stavin - S/T (Cotillion)
    Rico - Man from Wareika (Blue Note)
    Wayne Cochran and his CC Riders - High and Ridin (Bethlehem)
    Buck D. D. Black - Mississippi Bluze Mass (Green Bottle)
    Compass - S/T (AJP)
    Abner Jay - Suwanee Water and Cocaine Blues (Brandie)
    Ram John Holder - Black London Blues (Philips)
    OST - The Naked Ape (Playboy)
    OST - The Savage Seven (Atco)
    OST - Candy (ABC)
    Opa - Goldearrings (Fantasy)
    Bu Pleasant - Ms. Bu (Muse)
    Lightnin Hopkins - Freeform Patterns (IA)
    Harlem River Drive - S/T (Roulette)
    Milford Graves Percussion Ensemble - You Never Heard Such Sounds in Your Life (ESP)
    Rufus Harley - Kings and Queens (Atlantic)
    Gary Bartz - Singarella (Prestige)
    Don Cherry - Complete Communion (Blue Note)
    Compost - Life is Round (Columbia)
    Compost - S/T (Columbia)
    The John Benson Trio - Avant Slant (Decca)
    Albino Gorilla - Detroit 1984 (Kama Sutra)
    The Johnny Almond Music Machine - Hollywood Blues (London)

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    abner jay is the mine.

what is it with abner and you DC area folks?
    he seems to pop up there more than anywhere.

calling resident abner jay expert coffinjoe.... wait he's on the road.

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts

anyone have any info on this one? is it more rare than the "someone special" 12inch?

• Picked up this one - can't find much info on it. Rare?

• Picked up this one - can't find much info on it. Rare?

I think I just heard reynaldo zip down his fly

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    Picked up this one - can't find much info on it. Rare?

I think I just heard reynaldo zip down his fly

i think i just heard reynaldo typing furiously in front of his computer, following his own sagely advice to gain knowledge from the infamous sources for latin music on hypwax.com and poopseek.

regardless or rarity (yes it is relatively rare) that is a great record. if you don't like it, i'll gladly trade for it. i love the latin jazz lps on tru-sound or nu-sound... whatever it's called.
    great stuff.