Asian Panhandlers

Terry_ClubbupTerry_Clubbup 833 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
Asian Panhandlers.never in my life have I seen one.Then again, I've never been to Asia.Discuss?

Comments

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    fucking ricest!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Have you never seen:

The Golden Child?

• Asian Panhandlers.

never in my life have I seen one.

Then again, I've never been to Asia.

Discuss?

Try the MTR station in Mong Kok, HK. You'll see plenty.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

Asian Panhandlers.

Discuss?

Oh man, go to Tibet in mid-spring and you will see more panhandlers than you thought possible. During Sagadawa, the Tibetan month celebrating the birth of Buddha Sakyamuni, every good deed generates 10,000 times more good merit than normal. So, not only do you have thousands of pilgrims journeying to Lhasa to visit the Jo (Tibet's most sacred image of the Buddha), you also get thousands and thousands of panhandlers coming to the capitol to collect on everyone else's good deeds.

Check this out:

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~aaronda/MVI_0210.AVI

The people lining both sides of the street are all panhandlers waiting for hand outs from people walking the lingkor (the large, circular course that circumscribes central Lhasa). Most people in the position to do so, go to the bank early in the day and get large bills changed into the smallest notes possible (1 jiao notes).

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

• Asian Panhandlers.

Discuss?

I assume you mean in America. In SF it seems like most homeless/panhandlers are white and black. You never really see homeless mexicans for that matter either.

• Anyone here listen to Ricky Gervais' podcasts????

They brought this up in one of the episodes. I think they had people actually emailing them pictures of homeless panhandling asians...

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

Asian Panhandlers.

Discuss?

Come to Seattle Chinatown. There is an Asian panhandler dude I see almost every day here. Saw a LOT of Panhandlers in HK, China and Thailand. I have NEVER seen a panhandler in Japan.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Asian Panhandlers.

Discuss?

Come to Seattle Chinatown. There is an Asian panhandler dude I see almost every day here. Saw a LOT of Panhandlers in HK, China and Thailand. I have NEVER seen a panhandler in Japan.

The homeless in Japan are organized and there's plenty of REALLY good shit that the average Japanese person throws away on a daily basis to survive decently on. They have homeless associations where they pay dues and do community service for other homeless people.

When the Japanese throw away shit, they throw away really good shit. Fully functional tvs, stereo, rice cookers, portable gas stoves, last years model skis and snowboards, shits crazy out there. If you ever been to homeless "city" like right outside of Osaka Jo, you'll see what's basically an entire homeless neighborhood set up complete with working electric, gas, neighborhood patrols and shit.