lords of the underground - tic toc (mallard remix)

mallardmallard 452 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
Lords Of The Underground - Tic Toc (Mallard Remix) for those that prefer yousendit... i'd like to know what you all think of this, if you get the chance. is the raw/emorap ratio too unbalanced? i just took the one verse because its obviously the highlight , and i was having trouble making the hook fit, so i just messed it up. feel free to post any new remixes of yours!!

Comments

• Mallard -- man thats really nice. Really interesting sounds. You know, I just remixed that track last week and had the same problems with the chorus/monch's flow. Its a really crumby chorus, so I just dropped it altogether. Mine was more of psychish feel than your cosmic vibes feel. (Id post but Im rocking the dialup right now.) Would love to hear your beat without the vocals as well.

• One thing, I think cutting all that bass in the transition to the verse is a bit of a sonic letdown. Im missing a lil low end in the beat, dig? What Do'a record is that from....?

• One thing, I think cutting all that bass in the transition to the verse is a bit of a sonic letdown. Im missing a lil low end in the beat, dig? What Do'a record is that from....?

thanks for listening Sun.

i intended for the intro bass to just make that part full a little more full, not to be overpowering. it sounds good on my speakers, but i can definitely see it being accentuated by more subby systems. ill tweak it a bit. maybe add that same sub bass during the verse, but even lower.

What Do'a record is that from....?

sorry, im not quite sure what this means...

...and definitely post yours up once you get on a better connection.

• Mallard -- man thats really nice. Really interesting sounds. You know, I just remixed that track last week and had the same problems with the chorus/monch's flow. Its a really crumby chorus, so I just dropped it altogether. Mine was more of psychish feel than your cosmic vibes feel. (Id post but Im rocking the dialup right now.) Would love to hear your beat without the vocals as well.

There's a version of this with Monch on it?? I'm not knowin.

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    mallard....

this is really an excellent production. Amazing use of sounds, and honestly, the vocal pales in comparison to your production. I really mean that..... great work

• Shit sounds nice.
    Can we get a more bassed bass version and a re-up for the microwavers?
    (I'd play this out...).
    Thanks.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    Shit sounds nice.
    Huge co-sign. I'm a fan, but then again: you knew that.