should I crack...

DJelV2000DJelV2000 322 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
Just picked up a OG sealed: Muhal Richard Abrams - "Things to come from those now gone" on DelmarkShould I open it up?Info?

Comments

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    I had that one a few years ago. I want to say it was a free-jazz-fusion sound, but I'm not positive. I remember that it wasn't my cup of tea, though.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Sell

• I got it, its actually not bad if you like vibraphone stuff. There's one or two very haunting tracks. Good for the sampler circa era 1997. is this worth $$$?

• I got it, its actually not bad if you like vibraphone stuff. There's one or two very haunting tracks. Good for the sampler circa era 1997. is this worth $$$?

what were you hoping for???

• no idea...
    but it looks really cool so...

thats why I asked

• 10-15

• no idea...
    but it looks really cool so...

thats why I asked

Its cool, I dont listen to it casually. Piano, vibes sometimes haunting and melodic with that european percussion. Its decent, but very similar to about 30 ecm records. Who knows, maybe its what you've been looking for. Crack it mang. Unless its incredibly rare, I dont think it will affect the price.

• Yeah, many of those Delmarks are currently pretty plentiful...still a lot of those to be had in the c/o warehouses, etc. Open.

• chrischris 287 Posts
    you can buy truckloads of that record sealed for $8 here.

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts
    it's going to be hard to listen to this record if you don't open it.

• thanks, fellas...

I think I'm gonna crack it (I hate keeping records sealed anyway...)