Comments

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    And although the word is only 6 letters long...
    I counted 5

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    JESUS, this dude is a clown.

N***a, can I borrow a pencil?

• 'Thats what we were trained to do'

Fairplay that teacher is a cock.

A deservedly jobless cock.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I doubt that a Keysean is even the type of dude to use "nigga". Straight up and down, that teacher needs his ass beat.

• Nigger is a word we use today, you say
    It don't mean the same if you spell it with an A [and add an H]
    But that's an argument that makes me itch, I twitch
    If I took the T out will I still mean b*tch?

• the asshole is trying to play it off like "they all say it to each other." Doesn't he know it causes 20+ page threads on online forums?

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Come on! Dude is a public high school teacher.

You would really fire him over that?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

LOL.

The look on the reporter's face as that clueless teacher was explaining using his racial flashcards was PRICELESS.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

LOL.

The look on the reporter's face as that clueless teacher was explaining using his racial flashcards was PRICELESS.

the flashcards were pretty damn hilarious. Its bad enough that he said it, but getting on t.v. with flashcards is.......DAMN!!!

Honestly, he doesnt seem like a terribly malicious person, I feel kinda bad for him cause hes obviously real confused, and now hes going to be made out to be this demon by the media.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

LOL.

the flashcards were pretty damn hilarious. Its bad enough that he said it, but getting on t.v. with flashcards is.......DAMN!!!

Honestly, he doesnt seem like a terribly malicious person, I feel kinda bad for him cause hes obviously real confused, and now hes going to be made out to be this demon by the media.

This is not only an educated person, but an EDUCATOR.

As painful as that was to watch, I think it is important that White people who at least try to be even slightly aware NOT feel even a little sorry for him. I can empathize with the fact that he made a mistake, but I refuse to feel sympathy for being a grown man with absolutely NO idea of how this situation works. That is called bad jusdgement. I am not calling for his head, but he should be expecting to be at least FIRED over an incident like this. Oh, and also sued, because wether it's right or wrong, that is another reality he should be more than aware of. Idiot.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    That teacher is a dumbass, period. What makes him think that anything he says will get him on the level of his students. Even if the kid did say it first, which doesn't seem to be the case, you'd have to be SO thick in the head to think it's OK for you to say that back to a student. An honors English teacher? Give me a break, if you didn't know better already, maybe losing your job would teach you a lesson...

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    the teacher is indeed a dumbass but this incident is kind of surprising in the fact that it even garnered any attention. My HS had shit like this happen all the time, kids would report it and nothing would ever happen. I got plenty of stories of friends of mine going through shit similar to this.
    I can remember having a teacher single me out for my ethnicity during a social studies class in which we spoke about the holocaust. Before we got into the lesson he told me I should pay special attention today".

Anyways enough about making this about me

I just thought it was common to have older out of touch educators say dumb offensive stuff to kids cause they rarely know how to retaliate.

• Anyways enough about making this about me

There's ALWAYS room for that...

• Students say and do all kinds of rank things to each other that would be inappropriate for a teacher to.

That's why it's not kosher for your art teacher to give you an atomic wedgie or call you "fag".

For him to use that to say why he did it, and he still just doesn't understand, kinda blows me away. Like he's the kind of teacher who can be down enough.

Somebody make a greamlin of those silly ass flash cards.

• I think as an educator, he should have more respect for the english language amongst other things. when one swears or or uses demeaning hateful words, it comes more from the limbic system than the neo-cortex. Ie. it is a primitive and emotional brain function. This clearly has no place in a class room for the reason that (among others) his students aren't being taught to communicate effectively.

The racist/totally misguided part, i wont chime in on.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    the flashcards were pretty damn hilarious. Its bad enough that he said it, but getting on t.v. with flashcards is.......DAMN!!

His "lesson plan" for the camera was pretty much and he has no place as an educator.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    That pink suit sure is bright

• This is not only an educated person, but an EDUCATOR.

Correct and he should know better than to use that term ever...
    I have no sympathy for the man at all and he should lose his job and not be allowed to teach again until he has been seriously re-educated.

However...

and also sued, because wether it's right or wrong, that is another reality he should be more than aware of. Idiot.

I think this is a bit uncalled for,people in the US are far too keen to sue people in my opion...

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

No, it's with an "H".

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    this is from my local news station about two weeks ago. it makes me laugh...and cry.