REAL TALK: Is the yay area next to blow?

1235»

Comments

• Sirius plays a lot of Yay shit, it's dope.

I think it's dj e-rock who's the dude who handling that.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

-I could be entirely wrong about this, but I thought Slim Thug's album got delayed because Pharell (or whoever) didn't want to risk being the first Houston artist to take advantage of the buzz. the album's ridiculous btw.

Nah, that album was held because: a) it was leaked to lukewarm reviews, and b) they were hoping for more of a response from radio.

you really think 40 is gonna lead a revolution? dude is sick no doubt, but he couldn't go platinum like 50 without toning down the slang? and Keak da Sneak is sort of the same.

40's gone platinum before, and gold at least twice more--why couldn't he do it again?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

-I could be entirely wrong about this, but I thought Slim Thug's album got delayed because Pharell (or whoever) didn't want to risk being the first Houston artist to take advantage of the buzz. the album's ridiculous btw.

Nah, that album was held because: a) it was leaked to lukewarm reviews, and b) they were hoping for more of a response from radio.

yeah the leak was pretty waek.

you really think 40 is gonna lead a revolution? dude is sick no doubt, but he couldn't go platinum like 50 without toning down the slang? and Keak da Sneak is sort of the same.

40's gone platinum before, and gold at least twice more--why couldn't he do it again?

but that's just it--dude's already gone platinum a few times and the bay still ain blown. 40 can sell records but they still aint gettin MTV love.

• Dude, Phoniks, KOBE SOZ!!!! People ain't knowin... dude's been through hella transformations since rocking shows with JC and City Side Crew and the like.... but it seems like he really might be that dude. I'm happy for him.

Noixe, turn on ya PMs!

• Sirius plays a lot of Yay shit, it's dope.

I think it's dj e-rock who's the dude who handling that.

I'm hoping that dude will lace some of us folks with some "Doors Open" promos.

Dude, Phoniks, KOBE SOZ!!!! People ain't knowin... dude's been through hella transformations since rocking shows with JC and City Side Crew and the like.... but it seems like he really might be that dude. I'm happy for him.

Noixe, turn on ya PMs!

dunno why they were off.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

I may be the only east coast dude who has this??

...you have to go to Japan to get the Turf Talk mixtape sampler...

PS E-40 is on the new Trillville single

• Dude, Phoniks, KOBE SOZ!!!! People ain't knowin... dude's been through hella transformations since rocking shows with JC and City Side Crew and the like.... but it seems like he really might be that dude. I'm happy for him.

Noixe, turn on ya PMs!

word up! Straight up YAY AREA PAUL WALL! Dude just has the character that'll get dudes knowin', hopefully he's not too obsscure for people to catch up on

• Dude....

"balling champ without the hotel and the tramp"

!!!

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

let me holler at one of those yo!

PS E-40 is on the new Trillville single

this deserves a thread of its own....toss that dude a towel, he been dipped in sucka sauce....

I'M PEEEEEEIMPIN

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    Is the yay area next to blow?

The bay has a great history of "blowin' up"

In the '60s[/b]
    (It's either/or)

In the late '80s[/b]
    (burnin rubber years before burn rubber)

In 1993[/b]
    (Put my ear to the door. I just heard hot rods and gunshots and sirens)

• Dude....

"balling champ without the hotel and the tramp"

!!!

thats what i'm talking about. STRAIGHT UP. kobe soz= unsung hero cult status? I dunno man, he's got collabs with e-40, keak and a grip of other dudes.

FOLLS NEED TO BIG HIM UP!

• So does Potluck.

• So does Potluck.

oh shit! THEM DUDES AS WELL! A REAL HEAD KNOWZ THE DEAL ALERT. Them dudes is like Paul Wall x's 2! another slept on turf group.

• Yeah, just missed an auction for their first 12" on a Japan Yahoo! auction

• Didn't the DJ from Potluck go on to do some weird shit with Jamalski?

• Didn't the DJ from Potluck go on to do some weird shit with Jamalski?

i dunno. I know he did some real dope uptempo disco house b-more side project thing. on some super sleazy,trashy, and super fast steezo. Had some girls singing about fucking over all those futuristice bleeps and yamaha squeeks.

• I'm stoked that I got that Potluck promo CD a while back. That shit's gonna go for LOOT on Ebay.

• I'm stoked that I got that Potluck promo CD a while back. That shit's gonna go for LOOT on Ebay.

just because it isn't your cup of turf doesn't you have to ragtop on it (and be all sarcastic). different yay strokes for different yay strokes.

YOU VAGABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooond.