are certain races more violent than the other?NRR

bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
allow me to ask out something thats been on my mind for quite some time now.with all the heightened events that have occured recently (and also in the the past), whether it be around the world or in ol' SS, it seems like the media and the current social stream tend to make us believe that certain races are more violent than the other. for over 400 years now we've been made to believe that Africans are more inclined to violence than the rest of the human population. And now, but also for a long time too, the Muslims or Middle Eastern people are being portrayed as the violent, or "savage" human beings that need to be tamed. has this rung pretty loud for anyone too? i'd like to hear different perspectives on this to get a larger view from the chronicles of the red pill. easy.p*****

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    ban

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    YES

• ah, the ever so unique breed of the savage roller-derby philly.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

kidgusto, you need to be banned for a week at least, and come back with apologies for the human being.

• kidgusto, you need to be banned for a week at least, and come back with apologies for the human being.

apologies? this cave man knows not the meaning of apologies.

what ever happened to a "banned" graemlin?

• please read this (immediately!) and your questions will be answered.

please read this (immediately!) and your questions will be answered.

did you catch any of the specials on pbs during the last few weeks?

http://www.shoppbs.org/product/index.jsp?productId=2017753

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Anyone who puts his location as "wudan" knows the time.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Define your local violent race experience

American Jews are too whiny to be violent.

But we become lawyers and nagging grandmothers and handle shit the kosher way

please read this (immediately!) and your questions will be answered.

by the way, this is a great book, and i'd be interested to see if anyone's seen the national geographic specials cuz i might want to check them out so let me know...
    but it doesn't really explain or even discuss if certain races are extraordinarily violent. i think that's because this is a stupid question - yes, there is such a thing.
    the book sets out to explain the basis for the inequalities among different regions/countries/continents.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    White people are crazy yo! Watch out for those cats. the will flip you. Flip you for real.

• i think that's because this is a stupid question - yes, there is such a thing.

well the question is more of a rhetorical one, just because it *is* a stupid question. however, that doesn't mean that this ideology doesn't exist. for that reason i'd like to hear other perspectives on this.

about the book, it's been on my list for a while now, but havn't gotten to it yet. damn, havn't even finished "Story of B" yet. i always put on too many books on my plate and through time move from the one to the other. but yeah thanks for the recommendation SF.

peas.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    In a race studies course I took last semester we read many "scientific" reports from the 1850's to the 1940's which showed the negro to be a barbarian.

They were all pieces of shit that were defeated as scientific studies due to the lack of research and ignoring factors such as segregation, lack of proper schooling and other racist things but they are studies nonetheless.

Is that what you were looking for?

BTW Nazi's did similar "scientific" studies on Jews showing them to be rather close to the rat.

• Is that what you were looking for
    sure thing boss. thank you for your feedback. you now receive 5, mr. sparkle points.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    From the point of view of social constructivism, I would tentatively answer yes to this question, but qualify the answer by suggesting that it is not 'because' a of a person's ethnicity, but because of the social matrix common to that ethnicity.

In other words, their enthnicity is incidental, but their collective upbringing is instrumental in what might result in one ethnic group being generalymore violent than another.

their enthnicity is incidental/
    but their collective upbringing is instrumental

that real schitt

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Is that what you were looking for
    sure thing boss. thank you for your feedback. you now receive 5, mr. sparkle points.

Mr Sparkle makes Homer cry.

I learned how to edit programming in order to give people with Epilepsy seizures.

seriously though I wasn't trying to be too much of an ass, it was more a non-serious response to what I hope was a non-serious thread.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    got a

? goddamn this thread made my

Race is too contepidceptable...anyways, i guess you bringing this up at the right time. If hattin' goes on,

"The world's about to end"

• GambleGamble 844 Posts

My ITA famiglia know the deal.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    From the point of view of social constructivism, I would tentatively answer yes to this question, but qualify the answer by suggesting that it is not 'because' a of a person's ethnicity, but because of the social matrix common to that ethnicity.

In other words, their enthnicity is incidental, but their collective upbringing is instrumental in what might result in one ethnic group being generalymore violent than another.

i'm not sure if i agree with this....

plaese to elaborate....example(s) plaese

thank you

• seriously though I wasn't trying to be too much of an ass, it was more a non-serious response to what I hope was a non-serious thread.

yeah i hear you. this topic is on a little bit of both, seriousness, and of just keeping it light. just would like to bring some light to a pretty tough and intense topic that usually ends up in some negative heat. not trying to get in any of that.

hollur.

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    The short answer is "no," and to suggest otherwise is racist.

In college, I had a Mellon fellowship in anthropology. I wrote my first field paper on proxemics, a theory developed by Edward T. Hall in the 1960s. Proxemics is "the study of the human use of space within the context of culture."

In The Hidden Dimension (1966), he predicted that the urban planning model used to design public housing projects would predispose people to violent behavior, ie, confined spaces, limited natural light, bad smells, etc. The fact that the inhabitants of these areas are poor and largely African American is a causal relationship, not a correlation.

And Kinetic, you are conflating ethnicity with "race"...Don't make me take it there.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

this topic is on a little bit of both, seriousness, and of just keeping it light. just would like to bring some light to a pretty tough and intense topic that usually ends up in some negative heat. not trying to get in any of that.

hollur.

I had a conversation with my best friend about this yesterday during the superbowl. He told me black people are most likely to play football cause of their instinct and build. I debated that it ain't true and he called me racist for shooting down his theory. We went off on all these crazy tangents which included possible "breeding" by slave owners, the "diluding" of African's with European blood and so on.

I think I got him to question himself when I asked why there is barely any NFL players from Africa (if any at all)

So in short we concluded that being born black does make you a better football player.

For those that care hy homie is black.

i'm not sure if i agree with this....

plaese to elaborate....example(s) plaese

thank you

Um...

I can think of areas in Sydney that have high populations of Assirians and from what i read, the proprotion of violent crime perpetrated by these groups in these areas is massively high.

The point I am trying to make though, in relation to this question, is that while the answer may appear to be yes, it is really so for reasons other than that of race.

And to coment on the response that "to suggest otherwise is racist", all races have identifiable characteristics that differentiate them from other races. These characteristics may be physical or otherwise. To identify these tendencies among ethnic groups is not racist. It is merely observation. To suggest that they are universally true (ie all black men are good at sport, for example), IS racist.

And Kinetic, you are conflating ethnicity with "race"...Don't make me take it there.

Absolutely not.

Suffice to say they often are confused.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Absolutely not.

Suffice to say they often are confused.

Race is only as real as those that give it credit say it is.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    I've got into brawls in New England, UK, Holland and Germany. It's either them or me, which means it's the anglo nordic types. But I have this 60s record that says it's the Fijians.

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts

And to coment on the response that "to suggest otherwise is racist", all races have identifiable characteristics that differentiate them from other races. These characteristics may be physical or otherwise. To identify these tendencies among ethnic groups is not racist. It is merely observation. To suggest that they are universally true (ie all black men are good at sport, for example), IS racist.

Unfortunately, your faulty logic is rearing its head again...To identify so-called "tendencies" among ethnic groups is essentialist and stereotyping. Recognizing common cultural practices or shared beliefs that are hallmark to certain ethnic groups is not.

The original question that was posed to the community was: "Are certain races more violent than others?" I maintain that the answer is still no. You can be a member of an ethnic group and not share a racial genotype. Perhaps your word choice was poor, but the above statement in response to the original prompt suggests you understand them to be the same.