The New Edan, what cha'll think?

Comments

• I don't think we'll be seeing a lot of Chads and Britney's at his show

what about Teds and Brocks?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I don't think we'll be seeing a lot of Chads and Britney's at his show

what about Teds and Brocks?

Hubert and Cynthia busted real world moves and got tickets before they did. DONT SLEEP! BUY NOW!

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    Chads

reporting for duty!

Check out my gangsta name (use a capital C)

http://gangstaname.com/index.php

I put in my name and got

SWEET ARSE STAR!??!?!?!

• I typed in my name and got:

Two-time Jamaican[/b]

(aka Mr. Online Patois)

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Yo,

I'm "Chewy Tha Hung Daddy"

That's right.

Peace

h

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    I put in my name and got

SWEET ARSE STAR!??!?!?!

Hahahahaha!!

Try your first and last name.

for me, first and last name: Tree Trunk Ho Slappa

first name: Stanky Left-Hand Goat Smuggla

I typed in my name and got:

Two-time Jamaican[/b]

(aka Mr. Online Patois)

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    QUESTION about the album cover art. Is the concept of it MCs over the faces of psycadelic rockers? i.e. like putting biz markies face over the electic prunes or something.(like saying the concept of the album is rap combined with phsych rock?) if so, that is one of the most creative album covers i've seen in a while. I like the album.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    I typed in my name and got:

Two-time Jamaican[/b]

(aka Mr. Online Patois)

mine: Old Dirty Jamaican

• Cow-tippin Gat Slinga

• QUESTION about the album cover art. Is the concept of it MCs over the faces of psycadelic rockers? i.e. like putting biz markies face over the electic prunes or something.(like saying the concept of the album is rap combined with phsych rock?) if so, that is one of the most creative album covers i've seen in a while. I like the album.

EDAN CONCENTRATING ON PUT SYD BARRETT FACE ON BIZ MARKIE BODY AND KOOL G RAP BRAIN.

• Sherman Tank Guatemalan

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    This album is better than his single "Sing it shitface"???? I am finding that hard to believe...

Much much better than Sing It shit face

See as long as it is on par with this single then i am all about a listen or two... and my gangsta name: Swingin Dick Gangsta

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Hi,

This is some funny shit:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=306&item=4716624209&rd=1

Edan is dope - I hope he blows the Fu*k up. I don't know why Primative Plus isn't more highly regarded. That's a bonafied classic in my book.

Peace

h

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    EDAN NIKKE RAP N' SCRATCH

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

(Oh and Johnny - he's not brilliant. But he's fun).

Yeeeeaaaah... fortunately, there is a sufficient amount of brilliance in the world that one doesn't have to settle for the merely "fun".

Faux, have you actually listened to the album yet?

Huh? Naw... I mean, if somebody wanted to play it for me, I wouldn't stuff in a pair of earplugs or anything, but I don't think I really hang out with anybody in the real world that would have it.

I wasn't dissing it per se, so much as making the academic point that calling it "fun" doesn't sell me on it, when there are a million recordings out there that I know to be a lot better than "fun".

And, Oliver, I don't know what you're talking about--there's no shortage of brilliant music in my world (although it's not all rap).

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    I wasn't dissing it per se, so much as making the academic point that calling it "fun" doesn't sell me on it, when there are a million recordings out there that I know to be a lot better than "fun".

I don't know man, I just think that you might as well give it a listen and let that dictate whether or not you're "sold" on it. And while I can understand you making a statement about the cover art and have that opinion be completely different from your opinion of the sounds of the album itself, I feel like a listen would help in informing your opinion of where the inspiration for that cover art is coming from. And co-sign on when Oliver said dude's whiteness is not in your face in that emo kinda way, so it shouldn't necessarily be categorized in that way right off the bat of knowing that dude is white,

I haven't even heard it and I can garuntee that you wont like it. It's probably not as genius as, oh, say.... Mase *snicker snicker*.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I haven't even heard it and I can garuntee that you wont like it. It's probably not as genius as, oh, say.... Mase *snicker snicker*.

HATTERS!

Mase is GENIUS BLACK MUSIC... perhaps you just have to live that young Harlem fly guy lifestyle to fully appreciate it.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

HATTERS!

Mase is GENIUS BLACK MUSIC... perhaps you just have to live that young Harlem fly guy lifestyle to fully appreciate it.

i knew it had to be a problem with me and not him

A... MAD... hatter?

• TSGTSG 274 Posts
    don't have it yet, heard it though. Keeping it short was a good idea and makes it better than anything lately. o, why can't he just be a good mc thats white without being accused of minstrelsy? he's more b-beat than anyone else ive seen perform. maybe that's why it seems like a minstrel jammy because no one does that kind of show anymore. c'mon, backspinning while freestyling and doing both well...? focused. that catch the baby line is classy. And anyone who says he sounds like a 'nerd' is a paulsy. I like his cd that came out before Primitive with Disperse the Verse on it. Beacham used to play it a lot on road trips and played Disperse on his Redefinition show- heat mizer. I like talking to E about records even if he gets a bit condescending, he's always finding new things and is willing to take a chance on a record.

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    I like his cd that came out before Primitive with Disperse the Verse on it.

which one is that? the only other one ive heard is this -

PEANUT BUTTER SANDWICH WITH THE CRUST CUT OFF FOR THE KIDS

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Mase is GENIUS BLACK MUSIC

hell no

I know you're kidding though, you old wrinkly bastard!

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

Mase is IGNORANT GENIUS[/b] BLACK MUSIC...
    or so I've heard. paging noz...

• TSG = The Surgeon General???

I like his cd that came out before Primitive with Disperse the Verse on it.

I'm pretty sure you're referring to just a mish-mosh of new material and demo type songs he was passing around to folks. This was after Primitive Plus was out (99), but before its proper release on Lewis (02).

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    [color:white]Yes--does anybody besides me find these white rappers and DJs plastering their releases with photos of black people kind of unsettling and minstrelish?[/color]

[color:white]if a dj is spinning the black artists' records on their mix cd i don't really see the problem with it. it makes sense doesn't it? i don't see anyone being uncomfortable with a similar dissonance that would exist with, say, an american produced bollywood mix cd with indians on the cover.

the edan thing is a little weird, although it could be argued that he's just about as much of a black fast rapper from the '80s as he is a british psych rocker from the '60s. personally i think it's kinda clever, but i understand where you're coming from.

what other examples of white rappers with black people on their album covers have you seen? is this some kind of major trend i'm missing out on?[/color]

i haven't really listened to the edan, i downloaded it and it had that annoying promo bot than i deleted it. maybe i'll see if i can get my hands on a retail, on some point, but his work never really grabbed me.

ps: hi reynaldo! i'm a big fan of what you've done with this site, i just love your work! let's trade 8 tracks sometime!

• TSGTSG 274 Posts
    Yessuh, Casual Male- it's The Surgeon General. What up??

That's the Edan I was talking about. I think I heard it before I heard the first release of Primitive Plus but you're right on about the succession of his releases. Do you remember the name that mish-mosh disc? I can't think of it and it's pissing me oaff. "Spies like us see everything you do. . ."

• i don't know if it was ever officially released.
    i checked out kevin beacham's radio show and heard that Disperse a Verse song. during a talk break, he mentioned it was from a cd of stuff edan had been working on at the time and just gave it to kevin to check out.

PS my name is mike. i'm the guy who designed your mix cd cover: