Crash ...

2»

Comments

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    yeah Crash is a david cronenberg film too. ill flick

There is nothing "ill" about that movie, TheMack... even Cronenberg fans (of which I am not one) thought it was trash.

I like how you always tell us what you think is terrible, yet rarely when something is good. And when you do, it's mostly after much prodding by fellow strutters. Maybe it might be better to focus on the positive?

This is just an observation............no need to get hostile and play me off as a "lil dude on your jock".
    dude i notice the EXACT same thing Aser. Faux never has anything positive to say about anything

• yeah Crash is a david cronenberg film too. ill flick

There is nothing "ill" about that movie, TheMack... even Cronenberg fans (of which I am not one) thought it was trash.

I like how you always tell us what you think is terrible, yet rarely when something is good. And when you do, it's mostly after much prodding by fellow strutters. Maybe it might be better to focus on the positive?

This is just an observation............no need to get hostile and play me off as a "lil dude on your jock".

dude i notice the EXACT same thing Aser. Faux never has anything positive to say about anything

No, but guys, seriously.

This movie (Crash, the new one) sucked.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    yeah Crash is a david cronenberg film too. ill flick

Stuff it, you poptarts. Don't watch me--watch TV!

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    I really liked the new Crash. I thought it was pretty subtle compared to plenty of movies about race (eg Do the Right Thing) and while I agree that there were a lot of carefully planned "coincidences," it felt like good storytelling, not contrivance. Those people all had to bump into each other again. That was the point, IMO. I didnt' have to suspend my disbelief at all, because the acting held it together, especially Don Cheadle and Matt Dillon.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    i'm not quite following this thread.

There was Crash which was a Cronenburg film which was quite awful. But the J.G. Ballard book is quite brilliant as are most things he's written.

Then there's this movie that just come out called Crash with my least favorite, Sandra Bullock, etc. Haven't seen it, don't plan it, but what the hell does it have to do with the Cronenburg film? I can't seem to figure this out here.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    they have nothing to do with each other. just the same name.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    thank you for that simple explanation.

it's amazing how ready people are to argue about the most irrelevent shit.

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts
    carefully planned "coincidences,"

this is the thing that bothered me about the film.

for me, trying to keep up with all the little events detracted from the more important larger statement about how racism works.

Recommended for viewing in groups with discussions afterward.

Also, Sandra Bullock was surprisingly good in this.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    I just saw it last night and I liked it a lot. It really toyed with your emotions which is cool for a movie. I admit it was all a little too coincidental, but if you can look past that it was a good flick.

• phono13phono13 842 Posts

it's amazing how ready people are to argue about the most irrelevent shit.

WTF are you talking about???

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    A friend and I made a last minute decision to see Crash last night and what a mistake. I thought everyone acted the shit out of the movie (Matt Dillon and Terrence Howard especially), but the script was patronizing and superficial. This was supposed to be a thought-provoking film? Which part? Every character was a (racial) stereotype, not an actual person. How is this challenging? The only time something scratched below the surface was when Sandra Bullock says she wakes up angry every morning, but then that was dropped faster that you can say rich bored housewife.
    The racist cop as a hero???the (White) DA???s office guy in the boardroom who was made to be the ???voice of reason, telling it like it is??? about Black people???the tattooed Mexican American father who isn???t what he seems???the shrill Asian woman (whose character seemed to be inspired by the neighbour on King of the Hill and the real estate agent on The Simpsons)???the noble fresh cop out to make a difference???the beautiful Iranian woman trying to balance her life between the old world with the new one???the conspiracy theorist anti-White Black car-jacker???the cop with the criminal brother and the junkie mother...the freak LA snowfall???that one last comic relief car crash (still peppered with ???speak American???) at the end???holy shit! I would have been 10 times more pissed if it all wasn't so damn weak.