Options

Weekday finds Jan 30-FEb3

edited January 2006 in Strut Central
....much more, K in Canada.

Comments

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

Holy crap...they got the UBER RAERZ in Canada!

So envious right now

SG

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    What's that Conrad Benjamin sound like?

?

• Seems like an "ok" record haul

Mad envious.. but congrats!

/L

• Options
    Modern soul

Everytime i picked one up I ended up selling it thinking I'd hit another. It's been about 3 years since....think I'm keeping this one. Keb's got a copy (or did).

K.

• Options

This is ill.

K.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts

what's on this?

• Options

what's on this?

Horace Andy and Earl Flute - Don't Think About Me

K in Canada.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    Im waiting for Aleit's post to show up.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Looking for that 'Soul of the Bible', if it's a double.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

Were your Young-Holt Unlimited records rinked? I'm asking because everytime I find one, it is in horrible condition.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Were your Young-Holt Unlimited records rinked? I'm asking because everytime I find one, it is in horrible condition.

You or anyone else looking for a copy? I'm thinking about letting mine go - clean as can be.

• Were your Young-Holt Unlimited records rinked? I'm asking because everytime I find one, it is in horrible condition.

You or anyone else looking for a copy? I'm thinking about letting mine go - clean as can be.

why?????????????????????????????

• Were your Young-Holt Unlimited records rinked? I'm asking because everytime I find one, it is in horrible condition.

I also have a pretty nice copy of that Young Holt for trade.

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    Im waiting for Aleit's post to show up.

another one of those weekends, eh?
    Just for that I'm not posting my finds

• Options

....much more, K in Canada.

nice work on that lot. whats on the buster?
    the dentist kills it everytime, love that horace andy, one of my faves.

Roland Alphonso's version of Jive Simba b/w Dark End of the Street

K in Canada.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

the brunswick is mint and the other is NM. these finds were weird becuase I checked off several titles that everyone else had but me in two stops. like the YHs, Hey Love and the SOTB.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    Spent two weeks on the road- Dallas, Kansas City, Jackson, New Orleans, Baton Rouge. A entire week was spent in New Orleans. My first chance to actually spend some time in the city since the storm with the exception of a three day trip to gather my stuff and clean out my apartment. the city is alive in only a few neighborhoods. although i understand both sides of the argument, i'm tired of the chocolate city rehash. it is a valid concern: how can people come home when there is no affordable or inhabitable housing and practically no open schools (maybe 9 in the entire city) for their children. some of the oldest black communities in the country are no longer standing. the city will be changing as it is restored or rather remodeled. i remain optimistic about the future but the visit was very bittersweet. the wind blowing through the city now kicks up dust.

but all who can ------------->>> should make it there for mardi gras. the city needs your tourism $$$$ and spirit.

the running theme of the trip was strange pets. Enormous mackaws in a KC flea, a guy with a pet pig in Jackson, pet goats, enormous pedigree cats (90% fur and 10% gremlin face), a one eyed country dog who always looked like he was constipated.

i did find some good records.

here's some of the better 45's and 12"s. I'll post some LPs up later tonight or tomorrow. gotta run in a minute.

disappearing new orleans' music[/b]

other 45's[/b]

12"ers[/b]

• Jesus!
    must.....resist............no...diggin..this..feb...........

• Aleit makes me depressed. All I can weakly say is that I've got that J'Ouvert 12" and it's dope. The others I don't have and they're even more dope.

Anyway I rediscovered eBay this week.

and to correct my college days mistake

So this Saturday, come out to NIAGARA on 112 Ave. A in NYC from 2pm-6pm and buy some 45s from me to help me pay for the above.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

Some of the carp I found so far this week.
    The JATP 10" had some bright spark tape the edges with yellow tape, record is clean though considering those early australian clef pressings can be mighty
    The 45s are The Who, Pretty Things, Johnny Cash X3 & in celebration of the recent surf rock thread The Trashmen, The Rivieras & The Surfaris. Looks like they came from the same collection with that red through the labels.

• Spent two weeks on the road- Dallas, Kansas City, Jackson, New Orleans, Baton Rouge. A entire week was spent in New Orleans. My first chance to actually spend some time in the city since the storm with the exception of a three day trip to gather my stuff and clean out my apartment. the city is alive in only a few neighborhoods. although i understand both sides of the argument, i'm tired of the chocolate city rehash. it is a valid concern: how can people come home when there is no affordable or inhabitable housing and practically no open schools (maybe 9 in the entire city) for their children. some of the oldest black communities in the country are no longer standing. the city will be changing as it is restored or rather remodeled. i remain optimistic about the future but the visit was very bittersweet. the wind blowing through the city now kicks up dust.

but all who can ------------->>> should make it there for mardi gras. the city needs your tourism $$$$ and spirit.

the running theme of the trip was strange pets. Enormous mackaws in a KC flea, a guy with a pet pig in Jackson, pet goats, enormous pedigree cats (90% fur and 10% gremlin face), a one eyed country dog who always looked like he was constipated.

here's some of the better 45's and 12"s. I'll post some LPs up later tonight or tomorrow. gotta run in a minute.

Those are some insane finds A**. Getting rid of the Guitar Ray by any chance? Sorry to hear about the situation in NOLA. Are you planning on moving back there yourself?

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Spent two weeks on the road- Dallas, Kansas City, Jackson, New Orleans, Baton Rouge. A entire week was spent in New Orleans. My first chance to actually spend some time in the city since the storm with the exception of a three day trip to gather my stuff and clean out my apartment. the city is alive in only a few neighborhoods. although i understand both sides of the argument, i'm tired of the chocolate city rehash. it is a valid concern: how can people come home when there is no affordable or inhabitable housing and practically no open schools (maybe 9 in the entire city) for their children. some of the oldest black communities in the country are no longer standing. the city will be changing as it is restored or rather remodeled. i remain optimistic about the future but the visit was very bittersweet. the wind blowing through the city now kicks up dust.

other 45's[/b]

12"ers[/b]

Are you paying top dollar for these items or are you getting things for cheap? Hope all goes well in NO.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    whats on the flip of that explosions joint
    ive been lookin for "garden of four trees" for a hot minute

• Are you paying top dollar for these items or are you getting things for cheap? Hope all goes well in NO.

Ummm, Ernie & The Top Notes is not an "item." An item is some shit you buy at Target.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Point taken. What are you spending on these "platters"? Thanks in advance.

• Point taken. What are you spending on these "platters"? Thanks in advance.

Oh, sorry, I'm not the one who found them. That was Aleit. I wouldn't presume to speak for him but I'm sure he didn't pay top dollar for them.

• Options
    But the flip doen't have the ska Jive Samba (It's another song off the Judge Dread LP - can't remember now).

This is the only one I've ever seen with that song on the flip.

K in Canada.

• Options
    I had that Jackie once and traded it. From what I remember it's more roots than a Christmas cover -don't think it's anything super rare though $60-90 I'd think...though thinking of it, it was called "after Christmas". Think there's another one over Armigideon Time which is proabbly the one you're thinking off. Nothing special from what I remember.

Hope that helps, K in Canada.