BUGS

Comments

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts
    I can only see avatars if I'm not logged in.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    U might have to turn it on in ur settings

• I OFFICIALLY HATE SOUSLTRUT!!!!

Spent like an hour working on a top five while I'm working and when i finished, the fuckin thing said I ran out of time?!!!??

We have time limits for posts now?

SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Is anyone having trouble with the "my home" button? It is taking me nowhere...

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Mines work fine.

Mines work fine.

weird. the only way I can get to mine is by clicking on a PM envelope.

OK, it works now. I quit my browser and it fixed it. false alarm...

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    I OFFICIALLY HATE SOUSLTRUT!!!!

Spent like an hour working on a top five while I'm working and when i finished, the fuckin thing said I ran out of time?!!!??

SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

from Raj ^^^

One other retarded thing that I have yet to tweak. If you are writing a long reply or post and you have the window open for more than 10 minutes, it times out. So you might want to copy your log winded diatribes before submitting.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

from Raj ^^^

One other retarded thing that I have yet to tweak. If you are writing a long reply or post and you have the window open for more than 10 minutes, it times out. So you might want to copy your log winded diatribes before submitting.

I think I fixed it... Only time will tell.

• Thanks Raj...

My post was so perfectly executed too...

DAMN!

oh well

back to the drawing board.

background css fix///

>style<

.body {
    background-image: url(../images/content_bkg2.jpg);
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    background-attachment: fixed;
    background-position: top left;
    }

>/style<

add it inside the head tags and be sure to flip the brackets around the style tag of course ...

but do this only in the files that show inside the iframe...not the main index file. You should be good to go.

Site looks good...

t.dogg

Thanks tsega. That code works great with FireFox but not with IE (bkg shows up as white space)

Raj,

if I remember correctly, here's what I had to do to get around that...

set the background image "../images/content_bkg2.jpg" for the TD
    set the background image "../images/content_bkg2.jpg" for the iframe inside the iframe tag as well

...that should fix the IE bug..

Finally works!

(after dissecting tsegadinka.com)

haha...glad I could be of help. One thing though..

a close examination of the source code reveals that the first iframe backround property has one extra " in it...

background=" [/b]"images/content_bkg2.jpg"

doesn't seem to affect anything but it's always good to keep the code clean. congrats.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    You cannot make another search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

Hey RAJ, can you check that out for us? I get that after trying to run consecutive searches.

I was told that the unread posts feature slows the board down. Dunno what I should do but I was getting a lot of complaints that this board was getting real sluggish especially around 4 PM EST everyday.

OUT THESE PEOPLE.

A board slow down every day at around the same time is just folks (like me today) who want to take the last hour off and kick it wit' ya'll hommies.

But for real, this feature of the board was very, very beneficial.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Hey RAJ, can you check that out for us? I get that after trying to run consecutive searches.

Also, when you use the back button after clicking on one of the results of a search, you're returned to the initial search page (where you encounter the "you cannot make another search" problem), rather than to the list of results.

• can we get more space in the locations part, cuts mine off, but its not that long, seems less space than soulstrut 05

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

• This one is lame but I was just curious. Did the stratafication of the "titles" change?

I currently have no title displayed, or can I just not see my own title?

Does it matter? Not really.

• 3 things:

Seems like images don't stay loaded when you click back to a thread after writing a response... Which is time consuming in a finds thread with 20 images. This is new.

If you start writing a response and click back to the thread to check something and click forward to your response, it's gone and you are SOL. This is new.

Also, and this has been a problem for me on my 19" monitor since the beginning, text still doesn't always wrap around to a new line at the edge of my screen, which means you have to drag your view over to the right to read whole posts, which gets annoying. Can the boards be limited to a certain width, like 1000 pixels or whatever?

I pay to post here

Thanks

This one is lame but I was just curious. Did the stratafication of the "titles" change?

I currently have no title displayed, or can I just not see my own title?

Does it matter? Not really.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts

SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

from Raj ^^^

I think I fixed it... Only time will tell.

Until we get confirmation that this particular bug has been eliminated, my ability to post diatribes with wild abandon will be greatly diminished. Most here will either be pleased about this or not care.

As a member of the reactionary intellectual elite, change in most all forms is difficult to accept with open arms. But the site does look pretty good.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

who know people did so much searching...

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    who know people did so much searching...

It does that for a "show all users posts" which I use
    on myself to go back and find threads I was posting to
    earlier, or see what my Real World Crew?? has been up to up in heah

strutters do the darnest things

• does this block others pms and thier posts as well?

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    I was told that the unread posts feature slows the board down. Dunno what I should do but I was getting a lot of complaints that this board was getting real sluggish especially around 4 PM EST everyday.

OUT THESE PEOPLE.

A board slow down every day at around the same time is just folks (like me today) who want to take the last hour off and kick it wit' ya'll hommies.

i'm missing these two features a lot... will we ever get to see them again?

also, i never had the ability to view my sent PM's... anyone else have that problem?

OUT THESE PEOPLE.

i'm missing these two features a lot... will we ever get to see them again?

also, i never had the ability to view my sent PM's... anyone else have that problem?

You have to check the box at the bottom before you send the PM that says:

I want to keep a copy of my message

It was that way with the last version as well.

• Aside from the cute baby pics and the search a whole year thing, I don't see what's been upgraded and improved here... Something like the ability to see how many new posts there are in a thread is so fundamental. This site is hella slow now.

Aside from the cute baby pics and the search a whole year thing, I don't see what's been upgraded and improved here... Something like the ability to see how many new posts there are in a thread is so fundamental. This site is hella slow now.

The main reason I upgraded the board was to get the "Content Island" Feature. If you check the homepage, which thousands of people do each day, you'll see that the forum topics appear live in real time.

This site is hella slow now.

and it will be even slower if I enable the number of unread posts feature.