Will Smith vs. Bow Wow

2»

Comments

• With me, yeah I do Hollywood like him, but I???m a rapper. I ain???t with the whole colorful cornball type things. That???s just not my style.???
    -Lil Bow Wow
    aside from the jab at will smith, he's basically asking for someone to pull his card. i mean, really...

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    if i was bow wow, i would never get myself involved in beef, all someone has to do is call him out on gettin busted in the butt and his career is over

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    But it does sound funny that some of ya'll are defending WILL???????

I have a lot of respect for Will. He's one of the few people that never changed his style to conform with whatever phase was popular in rap at the time. He just kept doing him. I admire that.

If there's ANYBODY in rap who deserves to be respected it's Will Smith. Not saying you have to like his music, but in a world where everybody talks about how "real" they are (even though they know that everything about their public persona is mega-fake), that dude is probably the realest rapper ever. To come out in the "real schitt" era of LL, Run, Slick Rick, Rakim, Kane etc. and to still just be yourself instead of trying to be like them, even when everybody's calling your whole style corny, wack, etc... yo, I just have a lot of respect for that.
    Plus he actually COULD rap (I personally wasn't crazy about his style, but technically speaking he definitely could get down), and he came up the right way- rockin' parties and battling dudes, not just learning to rap yesterday and cutting a record today. So even though I may not have a lot of Fresh Prince songs on my Ipod, I still gotta give the hommie props.

• PEKPEK 735 Posts

Plus he actually COULD rap (I personally wasn't crazy about his style, but technically speaking he definitely could get down), and he came up the right way- rockin' parties and battling dudes, not just learning to rap yesterday and cutting a record today. So even though I may not have a lot of Fresh Prince songs on my Ipod, I still gotta give the hommie props.

That real schitt -

Will never detracted from Jeff and the duo didn't suffer necessarily from him being on the mic - do I consider Kid and Play to be great? No, but they didn't undermine Hurby the Luv Bug's beats/production by just being what they were - competent, not necessarily stellar (I'd hazard to say that Select Records labelmate True Mathematics was better and I don't even rate him as being crucial)...

Live @ Union Square -

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    we may need a graemlin

THAT REAL SHIT

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    we may need a graemlin

THAT REAL SHIT

If I recall correctly, that entire storyline was based on Benny Medina, Jennifer Lopez's former manager, but who also was instrumental in getting Ice T's Rhyme Syndicate (Donald D - 'Rock the house, y'all') on Warner Brothers - the kid from East LA who later become an executive @ Motown w/ a pitstop @ Beverly Hills high...

• cut[/b]
    What does this mean?

"hey, whassup, can a player just get some CUT[/b]?"

you know... cut.

WILL DIDN'T SAY THAT. STOP SPREADING RUMORS
    if he really didn't, then he really shoulda...

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

WILL DIDN'T SAY THAT. STOP SPREADING RUMORS

if he really didn't, then he really shoulda...

agreed!
    i work in will's office and i wanted to know where you heard that before asking around about it.
    i didn't wait, asked the dude next to me, then it turned out a bunch of people came over, like peeking over my shoulder and whatnot.
    they were like:
    1. "mandrew, you know will didn't say that."
    2. "is this what you're doing with your time at work?!!"

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

Will Smith says "A grown man don't answer to no child. I'm a grown ass man, I don't beef with confused hormonal children. I cut records before his momma let somebody cut to have him." [/b]Smith also added, "He says he does Hollywood like me, but my worst movie (Wild Wild West) grossed almost twice as your best movie (Like Mike). So check the records and read a book young man." -Will Smif

for real.....any dude who has anything negative to say about Will Smith should really shut the fuck up

Will Smith deserves much respect......if it weren't for Will,Bow Wow wouldn't be "under 21 with a black card"

lil dudes should do their homework before they start talkin shit....

Will is one of the only rappers who made it possible for Bow Wow and others to be accepted AND PAID ACCORDINGLY by Hollywood and corporate america.....

besides..if Bow Wow doesn't keep quiet Will and Jada will have Ciara in a Threesome by next week

• I liked him more as the fresh prince than anything. Dude did have skills, but his musical output in the past few years has been so fucking bad it makes you forget shit like "brand new funk" and summertime (which is still that schitt)