Will Smith vs. Bow Wow

G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
Something from another board i frequent, not sure if this has been discussed here or not.To be honest, I don't know the context of any of this, how old these comments are, or anything. I'm sure somebody will fill me in momentarily. However, this shit contains an eloquent and witty quote by Mr. Smith:Bow Wow said... ???But to me, honestly Will wasn???t like a real rapper. He was more like a gimmick bubble gum rapper. Then he zapped in to get a TV show, and it was on and poppin???. Then after that he was in Hollywood. So things came easy for him. With me, yeah I do Hollywood like him, but I???m a rapper. I ain???t with the whole colorful cornball type things. That???s just not my style.??? -Lil Bow Wow Will Smith says "A grown man don't answer to no child. I'm a grown ass man, I don't beef with confused hormonal children. I cut records before his momma let somebody cut to have him." [/b]Smith also added, "He says he does Hollywood like me, but my worst movie (Wild Wild West) grossed almost twice as your best movie (Like Mike). So check the records and read a book young man." -Will Smif

Comments

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Will Smith did serve Steady B, if we're to believe that Grandslam article with Questlove, eh? Plus, Will will be president some day.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Dang, if thats true then Will fucking served him his ass on a shiny platter.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    this is kinda like britney and christina fighting over who has the tackier wardrobe.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Will is the shit. Take it from me. Seriously the coolest dude you will ever meet. Plus on some real shit he is a REAL RAPPER and even though he got in where he fit in to get his cheddar you still can't knock him cause back in the day YES he was serving fools.

Plus yes, he will be president one day.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Is this a case of the youth showing no respect anymore? The Fresh Prince got accepted to MIT biatches.

Damn... Hitch grossed better than all the films Bow Wow has done combined.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    REPRESENT!

GB, what's the soure? wills made some questionable film and music roles, but he is so nice, generous, charming, and cool that no one really messes with him. i find it hard to believe that bow wow would, especially when it seems like bow wow would be lucky, very very lucky, to fall in will's footsteps.

• asparagusasparagus Northampton, MA 333 Posts

sneakers are sick

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Look for Bow Wow to show up next in The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift playing a dude named Twinkie.

LAwd...

• I cut records before his momma let somebody cut to have him.[/b]

is this a Philly thing? What does this mean?

and yeah, Will put that child in his place regardless.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I cut records before his momma let somebody cut to have him.[/b]

is this a Philly thing? What does this mean?

and yeah, Will put that child in his place regardless.
    cut = fuck

• I have to say The Fresh Prince and DJ Jazzy Jeff broke open a lot of doors for folks so they shouldn't complian, cause if The fresh prince didn't blow up a lot of opps would have been lost...

The Magnificent, and a handful of other cuts they did was classic I said a handful only.... That's about five unless you got extra fingers on a hand...

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    REPRESENT!

GB, what's the soure? wills made some questionable film and music roles, but he is so nice, generous, charming, and cool that no one really messes with him. i find it hard to believe that bow wow would, especially when it seems like bow wow would be lucky, very very lucky, to fall in will's footsteps.

Bow Wow said that shit in XXL--I remember reading it and thinking, "Please--there's nothing in this world that you're better than Will at." I hadn't seen Will's response, though. He put that little puppy in his place.

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    Not in BW's defensive, but the article I read (a little different than the one mentioned above) BW is just trying to separate himself from Will cuz a lot of people are comparing the two (and I agree, its not a bad comparison). But dude is just trying to say he's got his "own" style (whether its music or movies) and Will's got his...

I think it was posted on Allhiphop.com

We all know Will would slap this kid around in a sec... But it does sound funny that some of ya'll are defending WILL??????? Who's next Wyclef?!

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Not in BW's defensive, but the article I read (a little different than the one mentioned above) BW is just trying to separate himself from Will cuz a lot of people are comparing the two (and I agree, its not a bad comparison). But dude is just trying to say he's got his "own" style (whether its music or movies) and Will's got his...

I think it was posted on Allhiphop.com

We all know Will would slap this kid around in a sec... But it does sound funny that some of ya'll are defending WILL??????? Who's next Wyclef?!

Heav D????

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    Wasn't the first hip hop grammy "parents just don't understand?" Bow wow needs to simmer the fuck down and realize in the grand scheme of things, he won't mean shit in a couple years.

• "Brand New Funk" and "Summertime" are both hip-hop classics!!!

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Big Willie for President!!

But it does sound funny that some of ya'll are defending WILL???????

I have a lot of respect for Will. He's one of the few people that never changed his style to conform with whatever phase was popular in rap at the time. He just kept doing him. I admire that.

"Brand New Funk" and "Summertime" are both hip-hop classics!!!

YEah, summertime is still dope, to this day.

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    But it does sound funny that some of ya'll are defending WILL???????

I have a lot of respect for Will. He's one of the few people that never changed his style to conform with whatever phase was popular in rap at the time. He just kept doing him. I admire that.

Ahhhh man! Don't start getting all serious and sincere on us now (wtf!) - drink some more caffine if you need to..... I expect a little more outta you!!!!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

But it does sound funny that some of ya'll are defending WILL??????? Who's next Wyclef?!

Why shouldn't I defend Will? He's the shit. You might not like his music, now OR then, but you can't overlook his contribution, a contribution that transcends hip-hop.

• Smith also added, "He says he does Hollywood like me, but my worst movie (Wild Wild West) grossed almost twice as your best movie (Like Mike). So check the records and read a book young man." -Will Smif

Will's worst grossing movie was probably "Six Degrees of Separation" (arguably his best acting performance)...but he probably might "worst", as in most people

You are right, but I can't think of anything else clever about my balls, except when dude landed on the moon he was like "that's one small step for man, one giant le- hey, I'm standing on Dizzy's balls!!!!"

• But it does sound funny that some of ya'll are defending WILL??????? Who's next Wyclef?!

Why shouldn't I defend Will? He's the shit. You might not like his music, now OR then, but you can't overlook his contribution, a contribution that transcends hip-hop.

the dude is a nice guy as well, my dad ran into will in vegas a year or so ago and even today you'd think my dads panties were getting wet when he talks about the dude, and my dad hates rappers. I mean i dont think bow wow would stop and talk to some hillbilly with a funny mustache.... or would he?

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    You are right, but I can't think of anything else clever about my balls, except when dude landed on the moon he was like "that's one small step for man, one giant le- hey, I'm standing on Dizzy's balls!!!!"

thats what I'm talkin bout...

Will Smith says "A grown man don't answer to no child. I'm a grown ass man, I don't beef with confused hormonal children. I cut records before his momma let somebody cut to have him." [/b]Smith also added, "He says he does Hollywood like me, but my worst movie (Wild Wild West) grossed almost twice as your best movie (Like Mike). So check the records and read a book young man." -Will Smif

WILL DIDN'T SAY THAT. STOP SPREADING RUMORS

• othwise whack MCs whom I would defend in the face of baseless shit-talking from pipsqueak Bow Wow:

Wylclef
    Heavy D
    Fifty
    Coolio
    Skee-Lo
    Sysqo

etc.

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    othwise whack MCs whom I would defend in the face of baseless shit-talking from pipsqueak Bow Wow:

Wylclef
    Coolio

• othwise whack MCs whom I would defend in the face of baseless shit-talking from pipsqueak Bow Wow:

Sysqo

really?