You Ever Wake Up

2»

Comments

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    It's the worst when you have some decent records, then you check condition and they are all scratched to shit. That stings.
    Oh so true. Have you ever fucked up and
    don't[/b] do a record check, get home and discover that your vinyl looks like it's been dragged thru sand and concrete?

How about when you get home and notice the condition is great but it's the wrong record.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    It's the worst when you have some decent records, then you check condition and they are all scratched to shit. That stings.
    Oh so true. Have you ever fucked up and
    don't[/b] do a record check, get home and discover that your vinyl looks like it's been dragged thru sand and concrete?

How about when you get home and notice the condition is great but it's the wrong record.

• all of the above is why I have adopted the 'make a list but don't look for them' attitude. I've always felt and experienced that if I'm looking for something, it never turns up at a reasonable price, if at all. But when I've forgotten about it - BAM! like 3 copies will show up in a week. I've turned into a day-tripping digger so I keep my sanity and my sleep schedule.

Best finds have always been some random dude selling shit on a blanket on the sidewalk, or a stack next to a trash can. My boy found a stack of records on the sidewalk, and one of them happened to be Cymande Bra 45 - which was hella fresh cause my LP has a skip in that song.

schwing!

• CaMKIIaCaMKIIa 269 Posts
    these situations happen all the time. coming home with black grime caked on your fingers, cymande records you forgot to check condition on (and you end up with a horribly abused copy of donovan's greatest hits)

but what makes it all worth it is finding mint copies of "comin at ya", some albert ayler joints and jimmy smith for days in the backroom of a library bakesale. or looking through 1500 records, pulling out some private press stuff you've never seen, getting them for less than a buck each and having a few of the bunch be total

or like i did yesterday, hitting up your local goodwill after work for some clothes and coming up with a smooth copy of mort garson's "plantasia". not raer at all, but i've wanted one for a while and like every good digger refuse to pay the 10-20 it demands on ebay.