Super Bowl XL

2»

Comments

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Pittsburgh has been looking super corny this week

if somehow Seattle can get ahead 10-0 the game is over because i'm not sure the Steelers know there is a game on Sunday

• splatwater!!!!

Good compilation of Prime time hits to get hyped 5 days before the last game ... daayyyyummm

Joe Montana getting abused like Jeffery Dahmer in Jail
    Earl Campell footage is priceless
    Ronnie Lott ...

the Splatwater vs. Okoye on Monday Night will go down as an all time great NFL moment for me.

Cowher shows that he is a little ...

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

That's a 'Burgh face if I ever saw one!

I'm a little nervous that the steelers might will get psyched out as its such a Cinderella story that they believe it's their destiny ='ing a hex. But that goes for Seattle, too. Seriously, though, Seattle... I haven't paid any attention to them since Curt Warner and Steve Largent played. Wait I think I caught a game when the Boz was on the squad.

• Polomalu being compared to Lott...............dude isn't even better than John Lynch

crazy talk!

• Was that photo of Ben from the 'Burgh? or when he was in college? Either way, Good Look, Ben.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

That's a 'Burgh face if I ever saw one!

gasface'nat

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    my favorite prop bet[/b]

What will be higher ? Kobe Bryant's Total Points on Feb 4th against New Orleans Hornets or the Total Points from both teams combined in Super Bowl XL Kobe Bryant must enter the game on Feb 4th for wager to have action. Overtime count towards wager.

Kobe Bryant + 5?? Pts -105

Super Bowl Total Points - 5?? Pts -135

i'm taking Kobe......

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I don't think people are aware of how dominating Seattle's line is. Basically the team with the best offensive line wins the superbowl 9 out of 10 times. That said the seattle d is just as ornery as the Steelers. I think Seattle will win by 10.

As for Polamalu who hails from southern oregon, , he is good but let's give him a few years before we start throwing Lott comparisons his way. Besides the best Safety by far, and I would wager my house on this, the one that every general manager would take first in an open draft of current players, is none other than last years defensive player of the year.......

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    This has potential to actually be a very interesting game, very hard to predict which way this is going.

Pittsburgh has been through hell and back getting to the big game. They beat 3 very good teams, no doubt about it. Big Ben seems primed to win a big game, and Bettis at home and blah blah blah. The sports clich??'s point toward Pittsburgh.

On the other hand, Seattle has been underestimated all season long. They win with Alexander, they win without him. I'm pretty sure Paul Allen has some sort of close, intimate relationship with Satan. Their luck will run out but maybe not Sunday.

It's all going to come down to stochastic factors like turnovers and missed field goals, so flipping a coin I'm saying...

Seattle 27[/b], Pittsburgh 19.

• Antwaan Randle-El's passing statistics on the year:
    4/4 for 100 yards, 2 TDs.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Antwaan Randle-El's passing statistics on the year:
    4/4 for 100 yards, 2 TDs.

Dude grew up like five miles from my house -- and he doesn't want to play in Chicago. Even though he could probably be our Q.B. and receiver.

Despite the questionable calls, Seattle shot themselves in the foot with the 70 yards in penalties. That and the horrendous coaching. No reason they shouldn't have picked up at least 3 points at the end of the first half. And the end of the game? What was that? My girlfriend, not a football fan, said, "Maybe they just wanted it to be over."

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    And the end of the game? What was that? My girlfriend, not a football fan, said, "Maybe they just wanted it to be over."

It's easy to blame the refs, and we all know certain teams look better for the overall look of the game, but the SEATTLE couldn't capitalize/convert when the time arose.

• well at least it was a game, Seattle even though with the bad decisions made a game out of it..but I was glad the Steelers won, being a fan and all.
    What was terrible was the national anthem...good god it was difficult to watch and listen...Aaron and Aretha definaitley didnt bring their A-game...it was actually depressing to hear them sing that poorly. The half-time show was bo-bo as well...shit, Charlie's been drumming for 50 fucking years and he still cant hit the hi-hat and snare at the same time...we had a motorhead LP on and the sound down when they were playing, when the side of the LP was over I turned up the TV to see what they were playing..."Satisfaction" (groan).

• when Seattle had the momentum, they either couldn't capitalize or threw that ugly ugly interception... man, that was the game right there. When you think about, ok they could've just gotten within field goal range and tied it, kept it within one td even if Pitt did go on to score next time down the field. Whole different game. Man I know Chan and them are FEELING THE PAIN!!!

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Man I know Chan and them are FEELING THE PAIN!!!

Yes, we are in pain. Plaese to send vicodans and oxycodones to Seattle. Plaese also to send the NFL officials from the Superbowl so we can throw them off the top of the space needle.

Thank you

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    the offensive interference call on Jackson was BULLSHIT ...but ok

the touchdown they gave Roethlisberger was BULLSHIT.....but ok

they TRIED to say Hasslebeck fumbled on his run but the replay was so obvious they had to overturn it.......so ok

there was another bad call but i can't remember what it was...so ok

BUT THAT HOLDING CALL !!!!!! THAT FUCKING HOLDING CALL ON SEATTE WAS BULLLLLLSHIIITTTTTT!!!!!!NOT OK!!!

THAT CALL CHANGED THE ENTIRE GAME!!!!!

THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN 1ST AND GOAL...SEATTLE WOULD HAVE TAKEN THE LEAD AND BEEN IN TOTAL CONTROL OF THE GAME

it wasn't even a questionable call....THAT WAS NOT HOLDING !

i dont want to hear about penalties cost Seattle the game or bad coaching...that only saved Pittsburgh from being blown out.....

Seattle played better and should have won....those weren't small referee mistakes...in a game that big those "mistakes" were huge

Trufont and especially Boulware played like shit and Jeremy Stevens was obviously scared to death after opening his mouth this week ....but still ...the refs did some foul shit