Super Bowl XL

edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
the official thread batches......make your predictions...you have 12days 04hrs 57min and 13secs to change your mind My heart says Seattle....My brain says Pittsburgh...Pittsburgh vs Seattle (+4)what's the over/under ?LAS VEGAS HERE I COME !!!!

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Big Ben's the real deal.....Pitt by 10

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    i want Seattle to win....i really feel sorry for Seattle.....hell the entire Pacific Northwest....Oregon and all those miserable states....

it fuckin rains all the goddamn time....beautiful women but they always have on rain coats and wet hair.....

remember when the Mariners folded

remember when Denver beat the Sonics

fuck it....GO SEATTLE !!!!! COFFEE AND SHELL FISH FOR EVERYONE !!!!!

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I hope the Seahawks win. Seattle is LONG overdue a champion.

• Steelers by 14.

• i want Seattle to win....i really feel sorry for Seattle.....hell the entire Pacific Northwest....Oregon and all those miserable states....

it fuckin rains all the goddamn time....beautiful women but they always have on rain coats and wet hair.....

We really need this title. We haven't won a title since 79. Unless you count UW football in 91. AND don't start talking bout the Storm. Nobody cares

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    i want Seattle to win....i really feel sorry for Seattle.....hell the entire Pacific Northwest....Oregon and all those miserable states....

You east coast hattin'. You know in your heart it's those PA Stillers, mayne.

Early pick for 2007 Super Bowl: Phill[/b]adelphia Eagles vs. MIAMI DOLPHINS. Eagles are wishful thinking at this point (NFC will still be weak, so it's possible), but I really think the Dolphins, if they keep their core intact, have a good chance to do some serious things. Dom Capers now running the D? Gotta be a good look. Mularkey running the O? I dunno, but probably a good look.

Anyway, nobody cares about that right now. All you need to know is STILLERS 24, SEAHAWKS 21. Bet the farm, it's a lead pipe.

AND don't start talking bout the Storm.

you know that's where i was going! .....lol!!

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Seahawks 28- Steelers 21

Hi leisurebandit and

Early pick for 2007 Super Bowl: MIAMI DOLPHINS.

we beat Denver and Carolina this year......we deserve to be there

• goatboygoatboy 371 Posts

My heart says Seattle....

My brain says Pittsburgh...

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

Sorry I forgot a lot of my Pittsburghese... what did he say?

• edubedub 715 Posts
    I haven't watched a single game all year (actually in a couple of years, I guess), except for that last 30 sec of the Steelers/ Colts game...

As someone who could care less about who wins, should I even bother watching this?

Are the commercials really the best thing about the SuperBowl?... 'cause I hate commercials.

Do they still have the Bud Bowl?... that was pretty silly... I can do without that again.

What target demographic are the promoters trying to get with the Stones performing the half-time show?

Who's gonna be the MVP of the Super Bowl?... who shoud I be watching out for?

- Hat me now

• Sorry I forgot a lot of my Pittsburghese... what did he say?

YOI!

• I do think that Seattle suffers from the ol' West Coast bias. Most people on the East Coast only watched the Giants-Hawks game, and figure the Seahawks got lucky because the Giants couldn't kick. Sure, they blew out the Eagles too, but Philly was dead by then.

I'm not saying they're going to win (haven't made up my mind yet), but I do think they'll surprise a lot of people who think the Steelers are a foregone conclusion.

What target demographic are the promoters trying to get with the Stones performing the half-time show?

The Demo that doesn't like Tits to pop out .....

[color:white]

actually Justin pulled her tit out but there's never any mention of his role in the entire scenerio ...only Janet....then that fucker threw her under the bus and got away clean....racist/sexist fuckin bullshit[/color]

• seattle seems kinda soft... i think it will be a blowout with the steelers on top (AYO???)

• Agent45Agent45 451 Posts

YOI!

Quadruple Yoi this year!!!

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

i smell christian rock ballads...

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I'd like the Steelers to win, but I can go either way. But is it too much to ask for a game, like some lead changes, some suspense? That would be a breath of fresh air. After the berzerker Indy-Pitt finale, it's been fairly ho-hum.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Seahawks 28- Steelers 21

Word. Seahawks by 7 points. SEATTLE WILL WIN THIS BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Get ready folls, Seahawks will be superbowl champs!!!!!!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

can we get another half time fear factor: playmate edition?

• Seahawks 28- Steelers 21

Hi leisurebandit and

AW MESS...

you can have your delusions but we'll see whats up after you wake up with BUS TRACKS ON YOUR FACE! that's right, we're rollin right over you like we did Cinci, Indy and Denver.

i mean seriously. think about how bad the Bus wants this. dudes straight up maniacal at this point...

OH and you other Seattle heads, i know for fact that Mole's holding a Super Steelers 45

So in summary, Seattle dudes, your squads aw-ight but you'll have to save your championship delusions for LATER[/b].

i said LATER[/b], man

• Quadruple Yoi

cosine

• emyndemynd 830 Posts

I will never shake the awful image of Dikeme Mutumbo on his back clutching the ball screaming like a madman after winning that series. What an awful, awful day that was.

Sigh.

They went to the finals the next year, but I haven't really been the same since.

Seattle NEEDS this 'ship and I will flip out if we get it.

I gotta say though, I'm SCURRED.

-e

• I gotta say though, I'm SCURRED.

-e

damn straight!!

no but seriously seattle dudes, good luck + may the best team win! am i a f*kking weener if i was literally dreaming about this game last night?

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    As a Cincy fan I gotta pull for Seattle on this one...fuck P-burgh...BUT if I was a betting man I'd be thinking a little differently

• Who dey, Hammer.

Agree...As someone with an interest in the Pats (I work for them) and the Bengals (I grew up on them), I hate P-Burgh, and want them to lose in the most embarrassing way possible.

I don't know who I think will win, because if there is a team that is the definition of "under the radar," it is these Seahawks. Until last week, I could only name 1 person on their defense. Quietest #1 seed in memory.

Pittsburgh has been looking super corny this week

Bettis,Bettis,Bettis......grown men dressed alike in notre dame throwbacks and :corny:

Hines on tv whining about how he used to get teased as a child because moms is Korean

Cowher wont stop fucking smiling and doing interviews

Ben is somehow Favre's replacement as media darling

Joey Porter trying to be mega-articulate

Polomalu being compared to Lott...............dude isn't even better than John Lynch

if somehow Seattle can get ahead 10-0 the game is over because i'm not sure the Steelers know there is a game on Sunday

• Polomalu being compared to Lott...............dude isn't even better than John Lynch

if somehow Seattle can get ahead 10-0 the game is over because i'm not sure the Steelers know there is a game on Sunday

I dunno man -- I can see you having an issue with the Ronnie Lott comparison -- but John Lynch

no fawkin' whey. T Polamalu is freakish right now with all of his game changing plays. He has had much more impact on the League and his team than Lynch this year. Perhaps, when Lynch was in Tampa Bay a better look for him-- but still -- Everything about T Polamalu right now is good for NFL. And Lynch is like the 3 rd best saftey the Broncos ever had anway behind Steve Atwater and Dennis Smith.

The Polamalu band wagon is definately full but dude is repping Asia in the NFL with Lofa Tatupu they are doing big big things ... ask Nick Go Go Goings.

Steeler Football is rugged. Cowher 14 year head coach same squad. 2 Coaches in 30 years for the 'burgh

Seahawks got that Microsoft Money, The MVP, and Bobby Engram (Nittany Lion)

I hope its a good game -- but the money is on the Stillers