midweek finds

124»

Comments

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    Image hosting by Photobucket

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I just got a surprise package from hommie On The Red Clay with a 45 of Derrick Harriot's "Message From A Black Man" and a bonus mix CD as well.

GOOD LOOKIN' OUT!

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    On The Red Clay sent me a bonus CD with a heatrock that was MIGHTY HEALTHY

• Spirit-Clear(Ode)-nice psych. whats the name of the band?Spirit or Clear. either way this shit is dope. plus it was a few records behind The Artistic Sounds lp in the stack at the flea!

plus a few odds and ends for the sampler.

Spirit is the band, "Clear" the album. Randy California, dog!

• This came in the mail today. Unplayed gold label fania is

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

after not finding one thats even halway playable for years at any price I find a VG+ copy yesterday for $4.

also got a 6 eye Miles Davis "Porgy & Bess" for a couple bucks

• Just when I start to sour on thrift stores I have a day like today. All records super clean and a dollar each:

Mongo Santamaria- La Bamba (Columbia)
    Jackie de Shannon - Laurel Canyon (Imperial)
    Sonny and Linda Sharrock - Paradise (Atco)
    Koko Taylor - Basic Soul (Chess)
    John Coltrane - A Love Supreme (Impulse Stereo)
    Red Shadow - Live at the Panacea Hilton (Physical) private press folk psych?
    Bobby Bryant - The Jazz Excusion into Hair (Pacific Jazz)
    Lee Hazlewood - Houston (Harmony)
    O.B. McClinton - Live at Randy's Rodeo (Enterprise)
    Carla Thomas - The Queen Alone (Stax)
    Alice Coltrane - A Monastic Trio (Impulse)
    About six Mose Allison LP's and about 35 other bits and pieces, and these two (spotless!):

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    i like the Lee Hazelwood Houston LP. Its a good one.

• [
    quote]
    and in other news. I was watching this auction and was amazed to see how much it went for. Mind you it's only ONE of the records and highly water damaged.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4823853018&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Thats real fucked up that he graded the disc "VG++ or better"... if it was actually in that sleeve, I think even VG would be optimistic (theres that swoosh noise that you just can't clean off of a heavily water-damaged record)

I hate to even think about it, but is it possible there are so many copies with 2 of the same record because the other LP has 'beats' on it??

Actually, i sold the other copy to someone here on soulstrut... he was stoked. This copy is even cleaner.. matter of fact, it looks and sounds.. just like i graded it.

-Jordan