midweek finds

Comments

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    check pm's in a minute

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Highlights from the weekend and beginning of this week.
    brilliant finds!!!

now for the questions. whats to the right of on any sunday? what's to the left of carolyn hester? whats maria? and what are the bottom 3 that arent papaya?

Bottom row has Ruthann Friedman, a pretty cool female folk/psych/rock major label LP next is Ric Masten a prolific Christian folk guy who has many LP's only one of which ever sounded good to me...I've never heard this particular one though....and I was gonna ask what the next one was/is????

In between Ric Masten and Papaya- Cherie & Jim Schwall - " a wedding present" lo fi folk lp, I'm likin it. Theres a cover of season of the witch too.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    Cherie & Jim Schwall are repping ROCKFORD, IL BITCHES!!!!!!!! You either had to ahve bought that from carnaheezy, or Hydeparkrecords, or theres some Rockford transplants dropping the local terdz in Seattle.

carnaheezy

just wanted to add, probably the fastest ebay transaction ever, I got the record like 3 days after I won it.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    somehow, I managed to send some packages to England last Thursday, and they were in the dudes laps on that Saturday. Shit was

• A fun Tuesday for me:

Anybody know anything about the Bob Emery "Tortured Prophet" album? It's sealed...

Also found another one of these (my second in less then two months):

I also got a Naomi Peterson "Sweet Naomi Rap" but it's pretty rinked...

• what's to the left of carolyn hester?

bestrecordever

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    what's to the left of carolyn hester?

bestrecordever

Iver's?

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    A fun Tuesday for me:

Anybody know anything about the Bob Emery "Tortured Prophet" album? It's sealed...

private press jazz/ fusion/ funk, has one good long track, side A (i think), i recall uptempo with funky drumming nicee bass lines and electric piano with wahwah pedal, not bad at all.... and it should be quite rare also, havent got this lp myself, my boy BROOKLYNITE who will be joining SS soon has!

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    A fun Tuesday for me:

nice grip man! it took me y*e*a*r*s to find that goodtone r.crumb 78, and the louie bluie OST is killer listnin'... is the one on Ordinary actually r.crumb's music or just his artwork? (and please dont tell me they were cheap!?? )
    and yikes, what in gods name is that looking lp top right?!? scary..

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Seattle findz, pictured are most of the records I scored on my trip. Thx to Seattle shops, Mole, and Cortez for the General Echo 12"

the Coyote LP is missing, awesome sleeve though. TX record.

• i had one of my best days diggin' in a long while yesterday...most of these were a dollar, and this is just a sampling...tons more 12"s...all top shelf.

the one cymande lp i don't have is the first one...i have the other two on reish...then i find two for a dollar each! the soul searchers has this nasty ripple warp but it doesn't affect ashley's roachclip...i can probably trade that. and maybe one of the cymande's...pm me. the psych joint is Randy Burns on Esp

i have a feeling this is a pretty big, sought after fast rap joint...tell me more. it's really good.

i know this looks nasty...it's Mike T "do it any way you wanna" on golden pyramid...amazing disco rap...kinda rinked but plays ok. is this a peter brown joint?

• the Coyote LP is missing, awesome sleeve though. TX record.

If popular opinion is to be believed, you got the best half of that record.

• Anybody know anything about the Bob Emery "Tortured Prophet" album? It's sealed...

private press jazz/ fusion/ funk, has one good long track, side A (i think), i recall uptempo with funky drumming nicee bass lines and electric piano with wahwah pedal, not bad at all.... and it should be quite rare also, havent got this lp myself, my boy BROOKLYNITE who will be joining SS soon has!

It's rare everywhere except for new york. I picked a copy up at TSL for $20. I got clowned on for defending this record a while back, but it's a pretty underrated mid-70s jazz LP. Nothing that will change your world, but still a solid record.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

• That is one of my favorite album covers. That's Rogerio Duprat with the over sized cup, no? That KILLS me.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts

It's rare everywhere except for new york. I picked a copy up at TSL for $20. I got clowned on for defending this record a while back, but it's a pretty underrated mid-70s jazz LP. Nothing that will change your world, but still a solid record.

i had already traded it wit my boy when i had the chance if it had rocked my world just a little bit more, a liked that one track though recall the drummer being tight, and yes mr brook picked it up in NY also!

• In between the weekend:

finally - Busy Bee "Making Cash Money"

plus a load of super clean 90s hip hop 12s

Deep beats and deep crates,
    SonicReducer

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

That is one of my favorite album covers. That's Rogerio Duprat with the over sized cup, no? That KILLS me.

I would have felt much better if you had just left it at "That is one of my favorite album[s].

• Anybody know anything about the Bob Emery "Tortured Prophet" album? It's sealed...

i had already traded it wit my boy when i had the chance if it had rocked my world just a little bit more, a liked that one track though recall the drummer being tight, and yes mr brook picked it up in NY also!

Thanks for the info guys.

• A fun Tuesday for me:

nice grip man! it took me y*e*a*r*s to find that goodtone r.crumb 78, and the louie bluie OST is killer listnin'... is the one on Ordinary actually r.crumb's music or just his artwork? (and please dont tell me they were cheap!?? )
    and yikes, what in gods name is that looking lp top right?!? scary..

The one on Ordinary is by R. Crumb and His Keep on Truckin' Orchestra "River Blues/Wisconsin Wiggles". Yeah, both were true "finds" by SS standards. The one in the upper corner is a Kenny Rankin LP I've not seen before called "Family". It's not so scary in person.

• That is one of my favorite album covers. That's Rogerio Duprat with the over sized cup, no? That KILLS me.

I would have felt much better if you had just left it at "That is one of my favorite album[s].

i think its Tom Ze...

hey Mole, nice to see you found that Bishop lp!

i think its Tom Ze...

hey Mole, nice to see you found that Bishop lp!

It is Duprat. Tom Ze is in the upper right hand corner

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    so excited I won this
    Image hosting by Photobucket

and in other news. I was watching this auction and was amazed to see how much it went for. Mind you it's only ONE of the records and highly water damaged.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4823853018&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

• so excited I won this
    Image hosting by Photobucket

and in other news. I was watching this auction and was amazed to see how much it went for. Mind you it's only ONE of the records and highly water damaged.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4823853018&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

You've got st. louis on the brain. Cool LP.

FUCK the... RENT man... and his MONEY... honey!

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    there seem to be quite a few copies of SR with 2 of the same disc.

• JATXJATX 258 Posts
    i found some nice records around town today.

The Artistic Sounds-Message to a Nation(Savoy) whoa this is reeeeeeeaaaaal nice

Ronnie Kole Trio-New Orleans Newest Sound(Paula)i cant find any info. on this lp. it has covers of "Spinning Wheel" "Aquarius" plus a beathead groover version of "MacArthur Park" that should be comped.

Spirit-Clear(Ode)-nice psych. whats the name of the band?Spirit or Clear. either way this shit is dope. plus it was a few records behind The Artistic Sounds lp in the stack at the flea!

plus a few odds and ends for the sampler.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

Ronnie Kole Trio-New Orleans Newest Sound(Paula)i cant find any info. on this lp. it has covers of "Spinning Wheel" "Aquarius" plus a beathead groover version of "MacArthur Park" that should be comped.

He's got another one called "Hot and Kole" on Vik that is OK.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

Thats real fucked up that he graded the disc "VG++ or better"... if it was actually in that sleeve, I think even VG would be optimistic (theres that swoosh noise that you just can't clean off of a heavily water-damaged record)

I hate to even think about it, but is it possible there are so many copies with 2 of the same record because the other LP has 'beats' on it??