Do I need a sound card w/ this???

Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
Stupid post and question but forgive me. i still dont really understand how a computer works:So Im about to get abbleton live5 and motu interface or something like it to take the eight outs from my mpc. the interface will go into an imacG5. So do I need like an internal soundcard or something? If so, any recomendations. If not, any reccs for an 8input interface or any other accesory that ill need? Im so sorry.

Comments

• Stupid post and question but forgive me. i still dont really understand how a computer works:

So Im about to get abbleton live5 and motu interface or something like it to take the eight outs from my mpc. the interface will go into an imacG5. So do I need like an internal soundcard or something? If so, any recomendations. If not, any reccs for an 8input interface or any other accesory that ill need? Im so sorry.

T***,

the MOTU is the interface - you're talking about the 828MKII right? (either that or the traveller). So that is all you'll need. It connects via firewire and you just install the drivers that are included. easy schmeasy. PM me before you drop $$$ on Ableton though....