KOBE SCORES 81... OH SCHITT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    getthefuckouttahere

reading...>

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    that's some crazy schitt

I mentioned it to my wife who's a big basketball fan - her reply was "show's you how bad the Lakers are".

For real though, without Kobe they'd be assed out.

• A shame somebody that good is so unlikable. Congrats to him, but i can't say i care cause he's so unlikable.

AI all day.

• that's some crazy schitt

I mentioned it to my wife who's a big basketball fan - her reply was "show's you how bad the Lakers are".

For real though, without Kobe they'd be assed out.

Oh well, as long as it works.

• i can't believe i missed this shit

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    watching that game must have been crazy. i'll be watching sportscenter tonight.

• PEKPEK 735 Posts

That's it right there - Smush Parker got fouled and headed towards the stripe to complete a 3 point score, Bryant looked towards the Lakers bench w/ a scowl b/c during that one sequence b/c he wasn't passed the ball... No congratulating his teammate nor excited that his team put points on the board...

• I'll be checking channel 9, they usually re-play the games.

• parenparen 537 Posts
    basketball is a team sport. fuck kobe.

• Kobe Bryant is a talented bitch.

• fantasy bball facemelter

can he carry my slumping team?

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    I'll be checking channel 9, they usually re-play the games.

fox sports west (channel 60 if u got comcast) tomorrow at noon.
    can't believe i missed this.
    can't believe a player can score 81 points and i can still dislike him

• basketball is a team sport. fuck kobe.
    Sounds like something dudes who can't score 81 would say.

F*ck team ball when you can drop 81 and secure your place in the history books.

• cHillercHiller 293 Posts
    that must be fun to "play" in the same team.

still, 81 points is pretty facemelting.

• watching that game must have been S>crazy/S> boring.

AI all day.

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    I had written off my david blaine graemlin to the "will never get used" pile.

YES, PHOTOSHOP TIME WELL SPENT.

even though I hate Kobe for letting his petty bullshit fuck up our team....

DAMN, 81.

Im not mad at that.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    So no one likes extremely confident and talented Black men anymore?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    watching that game must have been S>crazy/S> boring.

AI all day.

Come off it. If AI had scored 81, you wouldn't be saying the same thing.

I'm not a big Kobe fan but shit man, 81 POINTS. Haters fall back.

• watching that game must have been S>crazy/S> boring.

AI all day.

Come off it. If AI had scored 81, you wouldn't be saying the same thing.

true this. but I like AI.

I'll admit I'd like to see the game. I know when Wilt had his 100 pointer, they were basically all just dishing him the ball in order for him to make the record. Sounds like Kobe was up against some real defense on this one, though.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Gotta say it...

H2>INSTANT CLASSIC/H2>

Wow.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    I'll admit I'd like to see the game. I know when Wilt had his 100 pointer, they were basically all just dishing him the ball in order for him to make the record. Sounds like Kobe was up against some real defense on this one, though.

Oh, no... the Knicks were doing everything they possibly could do to stop Wilt, believe that. They were just a bunch of little gumps trying to stop Goliath- they couldn't do it. Pretty much the same thing with Kobe against those mighty T-Dot Raptors, except where Wilt was way bigger than his opponents Kobe is just way more skilled- either way, it's no contest.

Kobe is obviously one of the most egocentric team-sport athletes ever (outside of T.O. and some of the current crop of NFL recievers, of course). But I don't care... to be able to put up 81 in a modern day NBA game??? That schitt is CRAZY. You can't really hate, because he put the Lakers on his back and won that game single-handedly. He's gonna make sure that when it's all said and done he'll be right up there with Jordan and Chamberlain when you talk about the greatest ever. Maybe even above them if he wins a few more titles.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Stat line:[/b]

Min: 41

FG: 28-46

3P: 7-13

FT: 18-20

RBS: 6

AST: 2

TO: 3

ST: 3

BLK: 1

PF: 1

PTS:[/b] 81

Rest of team

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    MVP

• wow, I thought this thread was a joke until I went to the SI page. SHITTTT..unfuckingbelievable

• 55 in the second half!!!

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
    Ya'll need to give it up to my Raptors for helping this happen

"Here's a couple of Grands, Now dont play defense.Youll get the second half after the game"

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

This is what the call "positive spin". You a rebel on this post, Moss!

Back to Phill: I don't know if I'd put Kobe in the T.O. category of egocentrism (not like he's Mr. Humility or anything) but I always thought that Shaq had a far higher public opinion of himself.

Like some others, my main issues with Kobe are 1) skating on the rape charge (everything about that case, on all sides, seemed suspect and 2) him forcing out both Jackson and Shaq only to realize, ok, maybe we did need Jackson after all.

81 pts is pretty crazy but so is the fact that, for almost all this season, the Clippers have lead the Lakers. Provided, we're not halfway yet and the Clippers, when not manning the basement, have at least proven the power to disappoint...

Nonetheless, if the Lakers miss the playoffs, will Kobe's achivements mean much?

And greater than Jordan?

Nonetheless, if the Lakers miss the playoffs, will Kobe's achivements mean much?

YES.

And greater than Jordan?

HELL NO.

• I never understood all the hating on Kobe (excluding the alleged rape and admitted adultery!!). From what I remember, he had nothing to do with Phil Jackson leaving, and as far as Shaq is concerned, I think it was basically mutual in that neither player wanted to play with eachother anymore. And can you blame Kobe? Shaq dominates, but he is lazy as hell. Kobe plays like a man possessed at all times, and on top of that, busts his ass in the offseason. F*ck Shaq as a team leader, he doesn't work hard enough. And as far as Kobe being selfish with the ball...have you ever seen AI play?? I'm not criticizing either, they both shoot a lot cause they have to. AI isn't giving the rock up to Samuel Dalembert, just like Kobe doesn't wanna pass up a shot to Luke Walton.