weekend day finds RR

Comments

• Finally!

• Who knows--it's a blast though.

I feel that.

lose it like I ain't do it

• nothing too rare, but a solid afternoon nevertheless.

gil scott-heron and brian jackson - "winter in america"

wilson pickett - "mr. magic man"

bobby womack - "looking for a love again"

ace spectrum - "inner spectrum"

sly and the family stone - "fresh"

curtis mayfield - "back to the world"

riot - "welcome to the world of riot"

latimore - "more more more latimore"

dorothy moore - "misty blue"

king curtis - "sweet soul"

• ok, i'm back from diggin'. went to two sal's and a stoop sale. this sal's in park slope had in like 30 brazillian records...mostly from 1978-84 so not much heat but this Papete "Berimbau e Percussao" lp is sick! it's from 1975...on polydor...all brazillian percussion. that bob crew is a rare 12" disco mix that starts with these nice breakbeats. the marlena shaw is the blue note record...i used to have a 12" of two of the songs but i sold it so now i found the lp. B.T. Express from 1982 is pretty nice! the latin record on the bottom is quite good...nice salsa almost-boogaloo...

also snagged Iron Maiden "the number of the beast" on 12"!? and L'trimm "grab it" 12".

• quick googling tells me that Papete was reished on soul jazz!

and that a later lp from that latin group was a funk lp that is $100+ on popsike.

• I can't believe you dropped 200+ on that. Really??
    I just wanted to hear it.

Most ignorant post EVAR!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

I can't believe you dropped 200+ on that. Really??

Most ignorant post EVAR!

Cue Mel Gibson "POST PHYSICAL ADDRESS OR"

seriously, though, what are you talking about?

Why "most ignorant post ever?"

It was the best explanation he's given yet for his free-spending ways.

Fuck it. He wanted to listen to it and had more

loot than the next man.

Don't knock the hustle.

• i love that flamin' groovies lp! mine's not signed though...thanks for the chicks and substances...nice.

• seriously, though, what are you talking about?

Ofcourse, I meant that it was ignorant in that way that he didn't give a shit about what the guy asking him why spent that much loot said. That's why I also posted the "hard as fuck"

ok?

• I can't believe you dropped 200+ on that. Really??

Most ignorant post EVAR!

loot than the next man.
    Don't knock the hustle.

"Just wanted to hear it" is the best explanation?
    Also "don't knock the hustle" is a tired excuse. Like if he spends money people can't say it's ridiculous. Please, all this board does is bitch. And what hustle? Selling charles earland "intensity" for $10 while buying a latin LP he only found out about a few weeks ago for $200? If dude was such a tastemaker, he wouldn't feel the need to post every record he finds, only to get an almost automatic clowning.

• Tell 'em why you're mad, Andr*w!

I thought I had gotten that Don Cherry you spoke about in RIP Headz Know The Deal, but alas it was only Relativity Suite

• i for one am glad there are people out there willing to spend big money on big records! much respect for the heavyweights with the heavy wallets!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Most ignorant post EVAR!

loot than the next man.
    Don't knock the hustle.

Also "don't knock the hustle" is a tired excuse. Like if he spends money people can't say it's ridiculous. Please, all this board does is bitch. And what hustle? Selling charles earland "intensity" for $10 while buying a latin LP he only found out about a few weeks ago for $200? If dude was such a tastemaker, he wouldn't feel the need to post every record he finds, only to get an almost automatic clowning.

Damn dog you mad?

I could give a fuck what he does. I just said
    that "I just wanted to hear it" was the best explanation yet,
    because it's true - it's his damn money and he can do what he
    wants with it. He's not alone - there are thousands of people
    overbidding on shit all the time, running prices up. We can hate on them
    if we want, but it's their business how they get records.
    I'm sure plenty of records that people floss in their jpegs
    were overpaid for - at least he's upfront about it.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts

Most ignorant post EVAR!

loot than the next man.
    Don't knock the hustle.

Damn dog you mad?

I could give a fuck what he does. I just said
    that "I just wanted to hear it" was the best explanation yet,
    because it's true - it's his damn money and he can do what he
    wants with it. He's not alone - there are thousands of people
    overbidding on shit all the time, running prices up. We can hate on them
    if we want, but it's their business how they get records.
    I'm sure plenty of records that people floss in their jpegs
    were overpaid for - at least he's upfront about it.
    I think you have to overpay a bit on certain things if you really want them. I can't think of a single auction on any significant record I've bid on in the last year or so, where there weren't at least 1, sometimes 5 last second snipers. No matter how mispelled, obscure, or anything the listing is, it's that last second that makes all the difference in the world. And their usually from japan, france, U.K. or netherlands. Sometimes I wonder how much more stuff I would have won if the seller had only sold to the u.s. I recently got outbid last second on a marcus belgrave gemini II for 455.55 by some japanes bidder, then another listing for the same record came up, I then got outbid again by the SAME guy last second. Dude is rockin doubles for copies that are more expensive than any other copy I've ever seen go for (even sealed)

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I got a ton of stuff, but I don't feel like taking pics. One of note I wanted to share about though. The best Osibisa record you don't have (NoReynaldo). Osibisa played a lot in India, and one time they took a bhajan (traditional Hindu hymn/meditation song) and afrofunked it up. Listen to the crowd go "Oh shit!" in their own way on the soundclip!Feeling this one hard.

http://thewaxcrusade.com/rag.wav

Peace
    T.N.

• Tell 'em why you're mad, Andr*w!

I had to overpay a bit but I really wanted this for a while now. It was a resonable price the entire time with only 1 other bidder. Then last second, wham! brought the price past TSL prices. Oh well.
    Image hosting by Photobucket

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

Am waiting for a bunch of solid 45s to drop in price, so I had to settle for some cheap LPs. Anyways.
    Brian Auger - Funky jazz stuff.
    Janis Ian - Folky pop stuff.
    Symbol Six - Early LA Punk/HC stuff on Posh Boy.
    Naked Raygun - Great hardcore.
    Chet Baker - Sings, enuff said.
    Delaney, Bonnie & Eric - Live, souly rock stuff.
    Blood Sweat & Tears - The first one with Al Kooper, pretty OK album too.
    Oh, and a Cymande CD

• Options

I think you have to overpay a bit on certain things if you really want them.

Yep. I want it now cost money.

Agreed, K.

• i found my one white what at the queens sal's...Silicon Soul "Who Needs Sleep Tonight" 12" og...love that tune. actually my dj partner was with me and found it but he had a heart and let me take it. i love that sal's because records are $1.00 like they should be!

people want that? wassthe deal?

reynaldo's spending habits are cool by me...i like seeing him rampage through cyberspace, armed with a wallet and a taste for latin

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

Something for the brain.

Got that NATRA, Tone.

I went all the way down to South Street and back today, hommie!

FILA is my key to the city. Freedom.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    I had to overpay a bit but I really wanted this for a while now. It was a resonable price the entire time with only 1 other bidder. Then last second, wham! brought the price past TSL prices. Oh well.
    Image hosting by Photobucket

On a side note: Luther Thomas has been living here in Copenhagen for a number of years, recording and performing frequently. If you ever come here, there's a big chance you can catch him at the after-hours jazz club in Christiania every wednesday and friday. Still blowing that fiyah.

On a side note: Luther Thomas has been living here in Copenhagen for a number of years, recording and performing frequently. If you ever come here, there's a big chance you can catch him at the after-hours jazz club in Christiania every wednesday and friday. Still blowing that fiyah.
    that sounds amazing.

• i found my one white what at the queens sal's...Silicon Soul "Who Needs Sleep Tonight" 12" og...love that tune. actually my dj partner was with me and found it but he had a heart and let me take it. i love that sal's because records are $1.00 like they should be!

people want that? wassthe deal?

reynaldo's spending habits are cool by me...i like seeing him rampage through cyberspace, armed with a wallet and a taste for latin

the deal is it's really, really good nyc post-punk club music! not sure how much it's worth but i'd been on the hunt for years since i heard it...do you have the 12"? pic sleeve? what's on the cover? there are two different covers i know of. it's a subtle track...quite dubby...really nice late-night tune! if you don't want yours, i'm sure i could find it a good home!

• quick googling tells me that Papete was reished on soul jazz!

and that a later lp from that latin group was a funk lp that is $100+ on popsike.

you live in a wonderful city. i found a really dope jamaican funk 12" at a thrift in downtown brooklyn. surprising dope remake of tony wilson's "try love" by a jamaican funk group Wildfire. didn't you find panache at a thrift store there??

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    And what hustle? Selling charles earland "intensity" for $10 while buying a latin LP he only found out about a few weeks ago for $200? If dude was such a tastemaker, he wouldn't feel the need to post every record he finds, only to get an almost automatic clowning.

You are dangerously close to hating on the player, my friend.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Let Reynaldo buy what he wants in peace, he's helping the global economy.

• I've never understood the occasional animosity towards Rey, who seems like a pretty mellow dude to me. Never mind the fact that he was RH#1. For every Rey who is open & honest about their priviledged financial status, there's like 100 people who try to pretend that they're the ones who generated all the money they love to flaunt (and usually in much less tasteful ways). I feel cheesy writing this because I think most people know this but thought someone should say it.