Why won't limewire open on my computer

Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
Totally weird. I tried to re-download it and it just immediately shuts down.Anyone got a program they'd recommend in its place?

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    soulseek
    dont use limewire, shit fucks up computers

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Edonkey
    Azureus
    Soulseek

fuck limewire man, its full of spyware and god knows what else.

• never had a problem with the spyware or whatever, thanks to operating nothing but Macs

I don't dig soulseek because I am not the sharing kind, I just like to pop in and get a quick d/l, plus the layout makes like 0 sense to me

But I thank you all for your suggestions.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    soulseek
    dont use limewire, shit fucks up computers

SO TRUE! There are actually programs to uninstall limewire and clean out all the spyware and adware that it loads into your computer. Soulseek is the truth. I've been using soulseek for a few years and love it. Never had a problem. Most of the fools on the board use soulseek. No one is fuckin' with that limewire.

Limewire? Walk away son, walk away!

• OK I am gonna try this one more time

wish me luck

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    if you just need a random song here and there, soulseek works fine. if you're grabbing whole albums, people get on their whole soulseek nazi shit.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Jonny. Uninstall limewire and install the latest version of soulseek mane.

www.slsknet.org

• OK, now where do i get the Mac osx download

• goatboygoatboy 371 Posts
    On a related note, can someone hip me to what the Soul Strut group is called over in Soulseek Land? I've looked but haven't found anything that jumps out as obvious. Is it an invitation only type of thing?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    OK, now where do i get the Mac osx download

JP you have a mac. Ignore these dudes, they're not really knowing whats really.

There is no Mac version of SLSK made by the SoulSeek dudes. There's mac ported versions out there, it'sjust a matter of picking one.

But back to the OG point, there's absolutely nothing wrong with Limewire PRO on a Mac. If I was at the crib, I would yousendit a pro version to ya.

• If I was at the crib, I would yousendit a pro version to ya.

If you want to do that later I would be very happy

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    http://chris.schleifer.net/ssX/

for your limewire problem, there could be something corrupt in your cache folder. It happens sometimes, so just empty that out and you should be good. I am assuming of course since I don't mess w/ limewire, ssx all the way.

To find the cache folder....

user name/library/cache/limewire

ps: could also fall in the preference folder

user name/library/preferences/limewire

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    OK, now where do i get the Mac osx download

JP you have a mac. Ignore these dudes, they're not really knowing whats really.

There is no Mac version of SLSK made by the SoulSeek dudes. There's mac ported versions out there, it'sjust a matter of picking one.

But back to the OG point, there's absolutely nothing wrong with Limewire PRO on a Mac. If I was at the crib, I would yousendit a pro version to ya.

im on a mac and use soulseeX. not difficult to figure out at all.

http://chris.schleifer.net/ssX/

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Everytime I see this icon in my dock, I wanna say "Aaaaaaaaaaaay".

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    On a related note, can someone hip me to what the Soul Strut group is called over in Soulseek Land? I've looked but haven't found anything that jumps out as obvious. Is it an invitation only type of thing?

Just type in (soulstrut) no space between the two words.

17 people are in there at the moment.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

and most likely none of them are sharing folders. so have fun.

Thanks (I think).
    I'll give it a try...

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Goatboy, Check your PMs

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

Communication is the key, just ask to be added to the person's userlist it has worked for me.Just send them a direct message.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    Paychecks,
    download acquisition. its "uses" limewire and works better.
    (i'm not into the technical mumbo jumbo, just do it)

• Paychecks,
    download acquisition.

where?

Thanks Magnetic and nzshadow!

I'm giving it a try now.

Having a little problem figuring out how to add a room if I don't see it listed though.

Still a little new to the Soulseek interface...

Thanks Magnetic and nzshadow!

I'm giving it a try now.

Having a little problem figuring out how to add a room if I don't see it listed though.

Still a little new to the Soulseek interface...

Got the room thing and I'm in now.

Thanks again!

• Maybe i'm slow but this soulseek thing seems pretty booty. I mean, I do a search for a song and nothing comes up, I type in the artist and I have to sift through 4,000+ users and file sources which aren't even organized by name, I mean...

I'm not that dude who sits around d/ling all day. I need this to be easy. Am i missing something?

I am holding on for the limewire pro from young cashless.

HAELP

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    I bet everyone is sad they took down realheadz now huh? Even the soulstrut room on soulseek is wack. Nobody is sharing unless you have some crazy stuff they want.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    I bet everyone is sad they took down realheadz now huh? Even the soulstrut room on soulseek is wack. Nobody is sharing unless you have some crazy stuff they want.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Maybe i'm slow but this soulseek thing seems pretty booty. I mean, I do a search for a song and nothing comes up, I type in the artist and I have to sift through 4,000+ users and file sources which aren't even organized by name, I mean...

I'm not that dude who sits around d/ling all day. I need this to be easy. Am i missing something?

I am holding on for the limewire pro from young cashless.

HAELP

JP,

Hit up the soulstrut room. Folks will help there.

peace

h

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

this is what u want. stop fucking around.

• this is what u want. stop fucking around.

I tried that shit and it was super weak. I couldn't even get a single song out of it.

I just dl'd limewire from the limewire site and it works fine.

Thanks for your help, now I can listen to my Ghostface & Neyo track in peace