Are there any songs that enrage you for no reason?

13»

Comments

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    Fall Out Boy make blink 182 sound like bad brains... i definatly wannt to punch something as a result

radiohead any and all of this overated dreck

• that stupid "Life Is a Highway" song

imagine being canadian and having to hear it playing everywhere all the time. for years and years.

co-sign.

Ugh. Tom Cock-Ring. I never, ever understand how/why that song was on MTV. Must've been some surrious payola/folks gettin' breaded.

I'll add anything by Matisyahu. "Let's make reggae safe!"

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    love van, but can't stand "brown eyed girl."

I know so many people who can't stand this song as well which is kind of curious. Is it really that appalling? I mean I seriously know a lot of people who if they could banish just one song from existence, it would be this song. I don't like it, but I don't think it's that offensive. but then again, it's been a long while since i've heard it.

anyway, i'd like to add to my list

styx - come sail away

joe walsh - life's been good

anything parrothead or rich guy rock

• I'll add anything by Matisyahu. "Let's make reggae safe!"

I gag when this comes on the idiot box

• eminem song where he sings half of it in that "Triumph the Insult Dog" voice.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    J.LO - "somethin' somethin' of the Night" forgot the fuckin title.

"Mr McGee, dont make me angry, you wouldnt like me when I'm angry."

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    oh and "you oughta knooooowwww"
    that's alanis isn't it?

i'd like to say sorry for nickelback, too.
    when i worked on the tv show, those guys were just starting out and they sent in their package to be on the show. everyone, and i mean everyone, loved it and were so hyped for them to come on. i thought they were shit and said we should not have them on cause they were so MOR (and shit). of course they were booked.

look at the f*ckers now.

for why i will never be a successful music industry person.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    that stupid "Life Is a Highway" song

imagine being canadian and having to hear it playing everywhere all the time. for years and years.

co-sign.

I don't like this song, but I have a soft spot for Red Rider.

I never want to hear "Candy Shop" ever again.

• this thread rules, and my 5 cents:

play that funky music - fuckin hate it hate it hate it. needles in my ears hate it. epitome of bad wedding and bar mitzvah 'muzak'. and why does 98.1 still play it????

that six-flags techno song (y'know, the scary bald old man spazz dance) - i DID hear this at a wedding recently...

co-sign 'we built this city' - you can seriously torture people with this thing by just mentioning its existence... quiet car rides are perfect.

double co-sign with the 'stadium' anthems, especially when you go to a baseball game and every player has to have a fuckin theme song???? YOU'RE BATTING .238, 'SEX MACHINE'!!!!!!

*note - did hear kano - "i'm ready" at dodger stadium a couple years back when they won the game - amazing on both counts!!!

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts

pop punk with whiny boy voices

How bout that song from all the OC commercials where they say "california" over and over again. That one makes me envy the deaf. For real, prob the only song that actually makes me angry.
    "California, California, CAAAAAAALIFORRRRRRRNIAAAAA"

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    Jefferson Starship - We Built this City

When I worked at Whole Foods in Philly they would play this every night on the satellite radio station and I would want to fucking kill everyone near me. I fucking hate that song just the thought of it makes me blind with rage.

Yea that song really bothers me. Luckily I haven't heard it in awhile. Two more songs that cheesy bars have abused through the years. These two don't put me in a rage but they give douche bumps...

fill me up buttercup
    sweet caroline
    most of the tracks off of born in the usa