samples, soulstrut and lurking break bros

2»

Comments

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    All a side subject. I've had dudes try to bargin on a .99 cent record. All being like, "I'll give you a quarter!"

In all seriousness, I'd break the record in half on my leg, hand him a shard and tell him thats what he gets for a quarter.

Also I'd stab him with said record shard and say "free breaks".

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

macrame, dawg.

This right here is sheer fucking poetry. A simple sentence that I bet has NEVER EVER been uttered nor typed since the beginning of man.

You, sir, are a goddamn genius. If I wasn't afraid of change I'd make this my location.

Herm

oh shit! hahahaha!!!!

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    The best part about this, is this all went down in ALSIP. ALSIP IS DEAD!

I've been to that show a couple times. Alsip is a beautiful place.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    AP you should have seen this European dude at the Alsip show last week. Now let it be known that nobody has ever really gotten on my nerves at a record store or show, but THIS dude was just flipping 2000mph through everybody's shit in earlybird time. stacking up hundreds of records and getting all up innit like mister hardcore buyer/dealer of the century. Dude's stacking all this shit on crates of records that I could be looking through and just acting like an all out fiend. I'm just chilling buying Neil Young records. I'll have a few records to the side of me that I've pulled out, and dude has his nose ALL up in what I'm buying, and treats the records as if they're not already taken.

The best exchange was when he was asking one dealer if he has more records at home. Said dealer (who seems a bit annoyed) replies 'yeah, but it's all $2 shit'. This dude continues to hark him. "Yeah I'll be back in ______ and maybe I can check them out"

oh man, that guy was something else! He was pulling crazy stacks from the rock guy with all the heat. Dude's records were already 40% off but the european cat was still comin at him like "you'll hook me up, right?" as if they were old friends.

He was grabbing and looking my records too! I had finally come up on some rock raers and hommie just starts browsing them. Everything about dude, down to the bad haircut and facial hair was who was that guy?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I luv timmy digalot and will continue to do so as long as he gots his moms ATM card

• dude,
    i dont blink at 2 dollar records, i just inhale the shit (but thats just me,

ap

totally, i'm kind of wondering about this. we do inhale dollar records. i wonder if this could be a digging occupational hazard? anyone have knowledge to drop?

in the last 2 months i've freaking replaced smoking cigarettes with inhaling dollar bins.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

in the last 2 months i've freaking replaced smoking cigarettes with inhaling dollar bins.

welcome to LA

I'm a freak so I bring ym portable to the thrift shop with me. the ladies working there seem to like it. Back in the days I used to bring drum machines and keyboard to the thrifts to test out pedals and amps