samples, soulstrut and lurking break bros

anthonypearsonanthonypearson 2,442 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
dude,nothing personal i mean they seem like nice guys and stuff but whats up with those two brothers who lurk arrons and the record shows on a break fantasy. see, what i am trying to say is those dudes got vestex fever and shit. i saw them at the freakbeat sale with 300 records on the floor dropping neddle on each one. jump blues reissues on the route 66 label. when i say 300 i am not joking. t.sherman saw it. they usually buy like a couple of records and shit. the one bro threw me back mookie and job at arons because it was priced $7. dude. you guys know the two dudes i am taking about? vestex portable fever has got me crazy and shit. one dude took 45 minutes at guzzos table tying up 100 breaks only to by 5 records for $12 and demand a discount. lets step up or game guys. shit, i dont blink at 2 dollar records, i just inhale the shit (but thats just me).this kind of shit burns my ass.later,ap

Comments

• dude

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    these are the kinds of people record store owners should get pissed at; not people who actually spend money

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    dude,

nothing personal i mean they seem like nice guys and stuff but whats up with those two brothers who lurk arrons and the record shows on a break fantasy. see, what i am trying to say is those dudes got vestex fever and shit. i saw them at the freakbeat sale with 300 records on the floor dropping neddle on each one. jump blues reissues on the route 66 label. when i say 300 i am not joking. t.sherman saw it. they usually buy like a couple of records and shit. the one bro threw me back mookie and job at arons because it was priced $7. dude. you guys know the two dudes i am taking about?

vestex portable fever has got me crazy and shit. one dude took 45 minutes at guzzos table tying up 100 breaks only to by 5 records for $12 and demand a discount. lets step up or game guys. shit, i dont blink at 2 dollar records, i just inhale the shit (but thats just me).

this kind of shit burns my ass.

later,

ap

Whoah are you talking about dude who literally took 1/4 of all my crates to listen to at Buena Park?

yeah shit was slightly oful but he bought some stuff.

I wanna know which dudes your talking about at Arons?

bring your digi camera or your soft

• I feel you. If it's a 2 dollar record - bite the bullet - it's two fucking dollars. If two dollars for a record is to risky of a gamble then perhaps they should consider crafts or rollerblading.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I feel you. If it's a 2 dollar record - bite the bullet - it's two fucking dollars. If two dollars for a record is to risky of a gamble then perhaps they should consider crafts or rollerblading.

macrame, dawg.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Is this a Cali phenomenon? If dudes did that at my table, I'd say move along or threaten their wellbeing.

• dude i am talking about those two lurking bros. one has glasses and looks like he is feinding for a break. one is slightly better looking with a demented break fantasy look on his face. nice guys. early 20's. dark hair. about 5 foot 9 inches. gotdamn. sounds like i am a narc or something. i will point these white kneegrows out next time. just look for the dude who is giving his vestex a fuggin workout. just look for records stacked vertically about 4 feet high and a feinder sitting next to the tower of shit. dude.

• all i can say is dude's dad must own a battery factory and shit because kneegrow is burning through so many D-cells with that vestex and shit foll is gonna overrun a recycling plant with that shit.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I know dudes who do that shit too and yeah, it is kind of wack but seriously, it's not THAT much different from skating to a fair, scooping up 50 LPs, then sitting down and start inspecting the condition of each one and then putting back 45. Which is kind of wack too I suppose but it's not like there's any real code of etiquette at fairs. I'm surprised more cats don't catch a black eye at these things.

But in the case wehre someone's typing up all your shit - as the seller, you should politely step to them and explain, "dude, I can't have you taking an hour to listen through half my records." Or do it not-so-politely. Just tell 'em to stop violatin!

• checking condition is a consideration when buying. i understand this. my objection to this vestex hour long listening session shit is that i feel for a seller who just got played like a library.

people at freakbeat that morning would have bought half those records. it was a 50% off sale. when i say 300 records i am not kidding. two dudes camped out in the back of the store for an hour and a half with three stacks of records two feet high each. it was a record breaker. i mean i know dudes that will check 20 records. thats one thing. this is a whole other deal. checking anything. checking any record with a black face on the cover.

sellers set up to have dudes treat thier crates like it is a public library. then people who are out to buy some shit have to sit and watch folls check half a table.

sorry for the rant.

ap

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    checking condition is a consideration when buying. i understand this. my objection to this vestex hour long listening session shit is that i feel for a seller who just got played like a library.

people at freakbeat that morning would have bought half those records. it was a 50% off sale. when i say 300 records i am not kidding. two dudes camped out in the back of the store for an hour and a half with three stacks of records two feet high each. it was a record breaker. i mean i know dudes that will check 20 records. thats one thing. this is a whole other deal. checking anything. checking any record with a black face on the cover.

sellers set up to have dudes treat thier crates like it is a public library. then people who are out to buy some shit have to sit and watch folls check half a table.

sorry for the rant.

ap

AP,

Naw man, I totally feel you. I just think, unfortunately, it falls to the seller to have enforce. Not very fair but most buyers are too in their own space to notice that they're slowing down someone else's game.

There's a few folks in the Yay who are like this and believe me, every time sellers see them approaching, it's like "uh oh...*sigh*" that said, no one puts 'em in check about it.

• I feel you. If it's a 2 dollar record - bite the bullet - it's two fucking dollars. If two dollars for a record is to risky of a gamble then perhaps they should consider crafts or rollerblading.

macrame, dawg.

hanging out in the bottom left, like nobodys fool.

• oh and I love the vestax addicts. They are scanning 100 moody blues while I am on to the next table.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    AP you should have seen this European dude at the Alsip show last week. Now let it be known that nobody has ever really gotten on my nerves at a record store or show, but THIS dude was just flipping 2000mph through everybody's shit in earlybird time. stacking up hundreds of records and getting all up innit like mister hardcore buyer/dealer of the century. Dude's stacking all this shit on crates of records that I could be looking through and just acting like an all out fiend. I'm just chilling buying Neil Young records. I'll have a few records to the side of me that I've pulled out, and dude has his nose ALL up in what I'm buying, and treats the records as if they're not already taken.

The best exchange was when he was asking one dealer if he has more records at home. Said dealer (who seems a bit annoyed) replies 'yeah, but it's all $2 shit'. This dude continues to hark him. "Yeah I'll be back in ______ and maybe I can check them out"

The best part about this, is this all went down in ALSIP. ALSIP IS DEAD!

• i will take that dudes dick and break it over my knee.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

A portable is the condom of crate diggin'

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    AP you should have seen this European dude at the Alsip show last week. Now let it be known that nobody has ever really gotten on my nerves at a record store or show, but THIS dude was just flipping 2000mph through everybody's shit in earlybird time. stacking up hundreds of records and getting all up innit like mister hardcore buyer/dealer of the century. Dude's stacking all this shit on crates of records that I could be looking through and just acting like an all out fiend. I'm just chilling buying Neil Young records. I'll have a few records to the side of me that I've pulled out, and dude has his nose ALL up in what I'm buying, and treats the records as if they're not already taken.

The best exchange was when he was asking one dealer if he has more records at home. Said dealer (who seems a bit annoyed) replies 'yeah, but it's all $2 shit'. This dude continues to hark him. "Yeah I'll be back in ______ and maybe I can check them out"

The best part about this, is this all went down in ALSIP. ALSIP IS DEAD!

wow, i got kinda annoyed just reading that.

• rogbrogb 172 Posts

A portable is the condom of crate diggin'

raw doggin' all day .

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Ugh, I hate these timmy digalots with a passion, needle dropping Impressions records and putting em back cuz there no breaks, cti t shirts, chinstripe beards and vestax unite

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Jeah!!
    Muffackers need 2 learn the rockadelic method of
    knowing what shit sounds like by looking at them
    grooves, biznatches!!!!

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

macrame, dawg.

This right here is sheer fucking poetry. A simple sentence that I bet has NEVER EVER been uttered nor typed since the beginning of man.

You, sir, are a goddamn genius. If I wasn't afraid of change I'd make this my location.

Herm

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    checking condition is a consideration when buying. i understand this. my objection to this vestex hour long listening session shit is that i feel for a seller who just got played like a library.

sorry for the rant.

ap

I gotta admit, I have sessions of listening to 300 rekkids, but thats at a local trading post where they have an upstairs section of randomly dropped-off records nobody knows about, so I get the place to myself and my Vextax. And its in the interests of finding new MUSIC.

I normally grab a fine looking rekkid and play a whole side while I'm digging in the rest.

BUT.. Hog the shit out of a spot where other diggers were trying to get their own dig on ?? HELL NO. RESPECTING BRETHREN is the name of the game.

And screw needle dropping on 300 reckkids just looking for braeks.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Simple solution is to not allow people to listen to anything under $5 / $10 etc (you set the limit) unless business is really slow. It's what they do at a lot of UK shops and shows and makes sense to me - helps to cut down on timewasters and means the bigger spenders have time to listen to stuff. I agree about cheap records - just take a punt and don't annoy folks with a Vestax quest through 150 dollarbincommon records...

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    one is slightly better looking with a demented break fantasy look on his face. nice guys. early 20's. dark hair. about 5 foot 9 inches. gotdamn.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    All a side subject. I've had dudes try to bargin on a .99 cent record. All being like, "I'll give you a quarter!"

One time I was in a bad mood over fighting with UPS over some crazy over the top brokerage fees and a dude walked up with (5) dollar records and was like "I'll give you a buck". I said $4 and the dude looks at me and says "Tightass".

Lawd...

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    All a side subject. I've had dudes try to bargin on a .99 cent record. All being like, "I'll give you a quarter!"

In all seriousness, I'd break the record in half on my leg, hand him a shard and tell him thats what he gets for a quarter.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Ugh, I hate these timmy digalots with a passion, needle dropping Impressions records and putting em back cuz there no breaks, cti t shirts, chinstripe beards and vestax unite

Timmy digalot gets love when Guzzo sets up shop at the record fairs.

However if he gets too crazy with the vestex I just have AP superplex him and shit out a terd with beats