Bomb L.A. spots to eat at....??!???!

2»

Comments

• El Siete Mares
    3131 West Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90026

Taqueria in the Silver Lake/Echo Park(eh) area...

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    I'm not vegetarian but there are a couple of good ones on Normandie: Paru's Indian Resturaunt (cross is Sunset Blvd.) and Vegi-Soul (Jefferson). As for meat, there are Thai food places all over the Valley that serve great curry. Ameci's is excellent pizza.

• let's see....

bay cities in santa monica on lincoln is the ill italian deli.

greenblatt's right by the laugh factory on sunset is the ill jewish deli - it's all about the ruben or tuna melt.

kiriko on olympic and sawtelle for sushi - this is the straight up slept on spot. make sure to get the salmon..

• And has no one mentioned Oaxacan cuisine in K-Town yet? Holla at that mole sauce.

I personally like Versailles, but mostly b/c there's no good Cuban up here in the Bay.

No burritos if you're attached to the Mission variety.

There is a place in Pasadena called Burrito Express. They used to ship their shit nationwide until the laws changed. All their shit is named after the OJ trial players. I knew a gal who treked from Pedro twice a week to cop that shit, and a dude who had to drive around all summer with his pubic hair in a ziplock bag in his glove compartment because he tried to test his joint against this one. There are many challengers but this place owns the burrito throne. Real LA heads know the deal. I don't get the Mission burrito mystique unless it's all about a cluster of cheap, bland joints, equalling a burrito scene so to speak.

• across from an XXX video place is a mexican restaurant that has vegetarian mexican food, PIZZA, and non vegetarian food and one amazingly chilly refreshing FLAX SEED TEA. guaranteed to give you a clean #2.

Leonor's Vegetarian Mexican Restaurant 11403 Victory Blvd.North Hollywood, CA 91606
    818-980-9011

That tea is no joke. I didn't know about it the first time I went there. I got my
    food to go and the waitress gave me glass while I waited. I gulped it down (tasty)
    and she refilled it. 20 minutes later I'm at the crib with the bubble guts.

say no to flax seed tea unless you're near a toilet! and then some.

• so many recomendations.....now I'm just as clueless as before. It seems like the Ethiopian place has shined the most.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    the only burrito spot I really mess with is Tortilla Grill in Venice... everyplace else I have tried is sloppy.

• East Side

Mariela's Tacos - Sunset and Coronado
    or on 3rd street and Kenmore (I think)

Korean Food

Beverly Soon Dobu - Olympic and Vermont NW corner in a little mall
    Hidori House (cheap version)

IF you go to Monterry Park ... you may never come back

• East Side

Mariela's Tacos - Sunset and Coronado
    or on 3rd street and Kenmore (I think)

eastside?

Korean Food

Beverly Soon Dobu - Olympic and Vermont NW corner in a little mall
    Hidori House (cheap version)

dude, p*trick, if you go here, and i dont see why you would cuz its all meaty and shit, but if you do go here, you will be awfully close to one of the best karaoke/norebang spots on the planet.

also, guelaguetza, the oaxacan joint that odub mentioned is right up the st. there's actually 2, the one on olympic has mariachi bands on the weekends. i mean, its your call, but i went there with my man benjo and one of his hippie activist friends and dude was vegetarian and still grubbed down. so i believe its safe...

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    so many recomendations.....now I'm just as clueless as before. It seems like the Ethiopian place has shined the most.

YO!

Get at me before coming to OC and/or Stacks. I'm 20 minutes from each spot. As far as fullerton - there isn't too much over there just the usual fast food b.s. but if you can hit up downtown fullerton (a few miles away) then hit up Angelo's for some solid pizza/italian food. Mega portions and rightfully priced. One slice of pizza will fill you up and its on some goodness.

Stacks - there's quite a few places to eat over there in cerritos (wait - that one or the san diego stacks?). Its right by a mall and pretty big shopping center so you can't go wrong - all less than 1/4 mile away.

But furr-real get at me yo....

• dude, p*trick, if you go here, and i dont see why you would cuz its all meaty and shit, but if you do go here, you will be awfully close to one of the best karaoke/norebang spots on the planet.

also, guelaguetza, the oaxacan joint that odub mentioned is right up the st. there's actually 2, the one on olympic has mariachi bands on the weekends. i mean, its your call, but i went there with my man benjo and one of his hippie activist friends and dude was vegetarian and still grubbed down. so i believe its safe...

If you don't mind seeing a grip of zealous Koreans tearing down a steaming hot plate of tenderized Galbi... there are some dope veggie options too.

The Soon Do bu has seafood in it ... but banging
    lots of options don't be scared away by the smoking beef

Guelaguetza banging

I forgot to mention Thai Plaza/Silom Plaza. Not to be confused w/ Palms or Thai Elvis.

Thai Plaza excellent service and my man Park will sing the shit out of some Boy George on the stage and then be serving you Tom Yum Gung within the blink of an eye. Lots of Vegeterian options here too.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    sushi = matsuhisa

it mos def pricy....

• AserAser 2,351 Posts

I'm a fan of shinsegumi hakata ramen out in gardena. Best part is being able to choose your noodle texture (hard/normal/soft), very og tonkotsu broth here.

• Actually I was pretty dissapointed with Cantors... Pricey and portions are mediocre. But I was looking for an NYC style Jewish deli and it just wasn't that.

Three words ... Nate n' Als.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    sushi = matsuhisa

it mos def pricy....

people please recommend some good n moderately-priced sushi spots east of la cienega

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

I'm a fan of shinsegumi hakata ramen out in gardena. Best part is being able to choose your noodle texture (hard/normal/soft), very og tonkotsu broth here.

Damn. This spot looks like the TRUTH! Hakata food is no joke. Kyushu holla!

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    sushi = matsuhisa

it mos def pricy....

people please recommend some good n moderately-priced sushi spots east of la cienega

My area of expertise is the westside. But... If you get over that way, Hide on Sawtelle is one of the best values you'll find in LA.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    sushi = matsuhisa

it mos def pricy....

My area of expertise is the westside. But... If you get over that way, Hide on Sawtelle is one of the best values you'll find in LA.

oh, i can drop sawtelle knowledge all day long.
    sasubune, orris, and nanbankan around the corner... but really, we're talking eastside playa. these are just bonus round material.

• harold and belle's on jefferson off crenshaw for that new orleans style goodness...

torung on hollywood/wilton for when i gotta get my "2am after the club and the party still goin' at the restaurant" thai cuisine (they cousin) on...

original tommy's at beverly/rampart for the original l.a style chili cheese heart attack...

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    original tommy's at beverly/rampart for the original l.a style chili cheese heart attack...

ZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

However not very vegetarian friendly...

• Rascal's is the best for plate lunch Teri Beef and Chikn' Salad!!!!! Word can't be beat. Vegetarians get arrested in LA so just eat the meat!