ghost dog appreciation

2»

Comments

• the drums with the little keyboard part that goes weeeee-ooooo weeeee-ooooo and ends with the horn fanfare - not on either of the soundtracks

This is Quincy Jones, Ironsides, from the "Smackwater Jack" LP -
    and it is at least listed as a track on the Volume 1 OST,
    I don't remember if it's actually on there or not.

not listed or credited or even on the vinyl

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    huh - must be CD only

• huh - must be CD only

yeah, they had all these 'enhanced and expanded' cd versions out that had like 4 or 5 extra tracks that the vinyl didn't have.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    huh - must be CD only

yeah, they had all these 'enhanced and expanded' cd versions out that had like 4 or 5 extra tracks that the vinyl didn't have.

Yeah, the vinyl stops at track 15, track 16 is Ironsides

Those records were among the biggest ripoffs in recent memory- single LPs, no gatefold, no 180 gram wax, yet they retailed $18-22...

But the OG Q LP is not a difficult find by any means...

• But the OG Q LP is not a difficult find by any means...

yeah, I'm more of an Isaac Hayes man myself

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,897 Posts
    @SoulOnIce: Cheers for the warm reception... Course it was P.E., I remember now. Yep, P.E. wasn't gangsta. I just recalled it wasn't expected from the mouth of this man.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    @SoulOnIce: Cheers for the warm reception... Course it was P.E., I remember now. Yep, P.E. wasn't gangsta. I just recalled it wasn't expected from the mouth of this man.
    yeah, fuggin hilarious scene. the blood in the sink after he gets blasted is a great shot

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Sorry, to be honest, I didn't look and see who/how new you were.

How about this:

We ok now?

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

But the OG Q LP is not a difficult find by any means...

yeah, I'm more of an Isaac Hayes man myself

Off topic, but I finally saw Hustle & Flow and was surprised to see Mr. Hayes playing a bartender. I had no idea he was in the movie. There's always actors that pop up like that in movies. Like, I rented terrible Michael Bay movie The Island for sexy Scarlett Johansson (sp?) only to be surprised with surly Steve Buscemi.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    [requisite soulstrut disclaimer that will not be heeded anyway]not directed at any of y'all personally, but...[/requisite soulstrut disclaimer that will not be heeded anyway]

this movie sucks. the soundtrack was dope as far as it went, but what a boring flick otherwise. were those annoying Italian caricatures supposed to be ironic? still not funny. and the whole lone, mysterious warrior thing...cool as a tribute to Jarmusch's Asian cinema influences I guess, but not that interesting as an entire movie.

yup, bout sums it up...

Sorry, to be honest, I didn't look and see who/how new you were.

How about this:

We ok now?

Hey, I wouldn't have asked if I thought you didn't know!

I'll send the pigeon out to cancel the hit as we OK now ...

BTW, have we done "The Boondock Saints" here? Similar theme, good guys whacking the mob. No music going on, just some great shootouts and comedy Oirish accents and a veeeee bizarre performance from Willem Dafoe. Apparently Troy Duffey crawled up his own ass after this though?