etching fluid (getting up related)

lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
just curious if anyone on this page has ever gotten up with etching fluid and could help me out.

i need to know what brand or type to get and some rules.

anyone?

Comments

• bump

• just curious if anyone on this page has ever gotten up with etching fluid and could help me out.

anyone?

Alright here we go. The brand you are looking for is called ETCH BATH. Don't get it confused with ARMOUR ETCH, same company but the ARMOUR ETCH isn't as liquid and is more of a paste. I heard you can add bleach and instant etch but I have never tried it. I got some of both if you want some.

Ok when using it be careful with this shit it is literally acid and will burn your skin and dry that shit out mad. I would pour the etch in a empty Griffin shoe dye container or anything with a sponge. I tried putting it into a marker but the acidic part always stayed on top or bottom of the marker nib.

Last thing is before using it shake that shit in the bottle because all the paste inside the liquid settles at the bottom so you got to shake it to get all that good acid out. If it looks like piss you need to shake it up until it looks light brown. The yellow stuff only puts a frosting on the glass that can be wiped away with your finger.

Hope that helps if you need anything else....PM.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    just curious if anyone on this page has ever gotten up with etching fluid and could help me out.

anyone?

that shit is straight GARBAGE. Dont do it in my town.

• Fuck that do it. Shit is fun just don't get caught cuz that shit is felony type shit. Don't go too crazy though cuz then they go looking for you and shit.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    etchbath4lyfe

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    Fuck that do it. Shit is fun just don't get caught cuz that shit is felony type shit. Don't go too crazy though cuz then they go looking for you and shit.

hey why dont you try it out on the store fronts of your own family business' first (you know, as test run). See what they think. Do it or you are soft.

• Fuck that do it. Shit is fun just don't get caught cuz that shit is felony type shit. Don't go too crazy though cuz then they go looking for you and shit.

hey why dont you try it out on the store fronts of your own family business' first (you know, as test run). See what they think. Do it or you are soft.

My family has no such business. But ya I get your point, I never go onto mom & pop type stores. We got plenty of huge businesses with those mirror windows that are perfect for etching. SHIT IS FUN.

• kinda etch related. first off, that shit is all chemical and takes a bit of time to set and wipe off. ive used it before but its messy shit and if you just leave it w/o wiping it kinda looks shitty. i never er "got up" using it, but i tried to make my pops a glass cup with his name on it once.

ok, so i used to use a battery operated soldering iron. just run around town and burn plastic. sounded like a great idea and i thought i was a genius and shit. but it doesnt really work that great and i wound up breaking the soldering iron cuz id be pressing real hard on the plastic and them cheap battery operated joints were pieces of shit. anyways, after that i tried to do lighter art which turned out looking like some crackhead just held a lighter to some plastic. well, i thought it was a great idea at the time. plus i was later informed that inhaling plastic fumes is really bad for you.

• posting graff secrets to random people on the internet =

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    posting graff secrets to random people on the internet =

Fuck. Didn't even think of this. I haven't used etch in a year or more so I completely forgot about shit fuck it it's just soulstrut.

• Etching fluid is wack! Why? Because too many toys go and "get up" on private shop owners windows which is completely out of line. If yr hitting up City Hall - well then by all means - go for it.

• rascmonrascmon 441 Posts
    i don't get the argument against etch when using paint on a window is just as damaging.

• Ya that is true. Mad toys get hold of etch and shit is wack. I remember before a few heads were up on it and slowly more people got a hold of it. Personally I rather scribe on shit, more permanent and doesn't look as bad...IMO.

• i just got off the phone with my dad and he was all like "dogg, that cup you made me garbage, son."

anyways, its for arts and crafts you criminals!

• So ive seen this done, and knew the (basic) theory process behind it, but i have a few ?uestions. Can it be used with a paintbrush (obv. not synthetic) or is it to corrosive? I'd like to take this into a gallery context, so as such would like a little more control over the process.

• I'd like to take this into a gallery context,

soooo

i actually think doing it on the streets is better than the galleries. morally speaking.

• anyways, after that i tried to do lighter art

any good results? post some pics mang.

no kidding

• DUNE493DUNE493 223 Posts
    I like GARVEY and GRIFFIN in a MOP.That ETCH will fuck you up if it leaks out.

• I like small drips with it but super drippy looks usually can't be read for shit. Shit is lovely when it goes on perfect.

• its hard to imagine I havent painted since late '99. What a toy I was/am....post some flicks or u are soft! (unless u are still active..if so, then don't be a moron..shhh)

• Man? Etchbath is ill. Those fumes will fuck up your nerves and your bowels : dont fuck with it you dont wanna have the little pee dribbles post piss in just about 10 years. If you decide that pissing like you got a yeast infection is cool, and are gonna anyways.... go with the cream, and try the painty zips to hold em (bingo marker with semi felt tip.... they dont disintegrate like bingo sponge). Etch will take off fingertips.... so unless you are a wanted criminal in many states, dont put it on your hands.

I would also say dont fuck up indy buisnesses, but you know... a spot is a spot.

ps: the panes cost about $500-$2000 to replace, so hitting a whole strip at once is real dumb if you get caught.

Scribes are more fun.

• Scribes are more fun.

I could never fuck with scribes...that fucking noise/feeling as it scratches makes my skin crawl. I just got goose bumps thinking about it.

• exactly.
    Throw on the belaclava, hop on the Metro with 10 freinds, scratch the shit up and watch people be scurred by the sound. Fun times!