Ebay rant AGAIN

Campag_RecordCampag_Record 238 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
How often do you win something as the lone bidder? It just amazes me how often you can be the only bidder but are outbid by one other person in the last few seconds.It's usually with records I'm not familiar with and don't know the going rate/rarity so I only bid a little extra over the starting bid. Why is there just ONE other person in the world bidding against you. Wouldn't mind if there was a further 5 bids or more but mostly just one other bid! Yep!

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    How often do you win something as the lone bidder? It just amazes me how often you can be the only bidder but are outbid by one other person in the last few seconds.

It's usually with records I'm not familiar with and don't know the going rate/rarity so I only bid a little extra over the starting bid.

Why is there just ONE other person in the world bidding against you. Wouldn't mind if there was a further 5 bids or more but mostly just one other bid!

Yep!

Get thee to esnipe.

• I need to step my last second bid game up. dudes have been killin me on the Nigerian Juju records lately. Lost the last 3 auctions that way. has really fucked with my mojo.

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts

You got e-sniped!

• E_DailyE_Daily 812 Posts

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Don't get mad, get even.

• werd?!!!

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    IMO its a really bad idea to bid on records you don't know that look 'interesting' on the 'bay... those last second snipers may be saving you from wasting postage on some wackness...

• IMO its a really bad idea to bid on records you don't know that look 'interesting' on the 'bay... those last second snipers may be saving you from wasting postage on some wackness...

Yeah, that's how I console myself

• IMO its a really bad idea to bid on records you don't know that look 'interesting' on the 'bay... those last second snipers may be saving you from wasting postage on some wackness...

If it wasnt for my status that would be on point. Nah seriously , afrobeat, juju, and such is hard to come by as it is in NYC unless your pickin something off the wall in a east village record shop and its going to cost you $$$. Ebay bids have been on the money just havent won too many bids. Also I just truly love this genre and aslong and i will always by vinyl. I gotta give in. also trying to complete a collection of Fela originals. have most of the celluloid reissues but the few oringals I do own sound warmer and just even if the new ones are remastered they cant fukcs with the original pressing.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    also trying to complete a collection of Fela originals. have most of the celluloid reissues but the few oringals I do own sound warmer and just even if the new ones are remastered they cant fukcs with the original pressing.

Original African or French pressings?!?