Filmstrut - worst accents?

2»

Comments

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    For some reason, there's a lot of Swedish being spoken in American film. Sometimes it's accurate (Minor Report - Peter Stormare telling the nurse to "wipe her ass and get out her" while the mad nurse is singing a Swedish childrens song had the entire theatre rolling on the floor) and sometimes it's just some sort of mythical, make-believe language.
    Top Secret was really funny, when they just played the scene backwards. Splash was pretty weird. And the list goes on...

Regarding Big Lebowski - Stormares band is called Nagelbett (meaning nailbite in Swedish, possibly in German too). Good name for a krautrock band, that.

I didn't know Stormare had a band! Didn't know Ben Kingsley's father was from India either. Learning something new everyday.

Regarding fake swedish, Jamie Lee Curtis in the train scene from 'Trading Places' comes to mind. And her outfit looked more like something from Tirol than Sweden. Whenever something is supposed to sound swedish in US film, it sounds more like:

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    What about making Black actors talk with a "ghetto" accents? Lets here some bad examples.

Dan

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Actually, Nagelbett is the record they pull out in Big Lebowski, it's not his real band. But he does play music. Trust me, you don't want to hear it, any more than you want to see Janne "Loffe" Karlsson act (he should stick to playing the drums).

Oh yeah, forgot about that scene .

• Yeah pretty much any Southern accent except Holly Hunter's (a Georgia girl) with the worst probably being Melanie Griffith in:

• How about every non-Asian that ever played Charlie Chan????

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    How about every non-Asian that ever played Charlie Chan????

]

What? You no rike they broken engrish?

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Actually, Nagelbett is the record they pull out in Big Lebowski, it's not his real band. But he does play music. Trust me, you don't want to hear it, any more than you want to see Janne "Loffe" Karlsson act (he should stick to playing the drums).

Nagelbett would be bed of nails, no?

Brad Pitt in Snatch is pretty bad.

• Actually, Nagelbett is the record they pull out in Big Lebowski, it's not his real band. But he does play music. Trust me, you don't want to hear it, any more than you want to see Janne "Loffe" Karlsson act (he should stick to playing the drums).

Nagelbett would be bed of nails, no?

Brad Pitt in Snatch is pretty bad.

brad pitt in snatch was pretty fucking good.so good he`s hard to understand.

melanie griffith`s voice is painful what ever accent she is fucking up.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Keanu Reeves Brit accent in Dracula was the worst EVAR!!!!!!!!![/b]

whatever he was attempting in Dangerous Liasions was pretty painful as well.

Keanu Reeves is a fucking joke. That man is such a one-dimensional actor. Add Ralph Fiennes to that list. Can't stand those dudes. Watching their lifeless mugs makes me want to hurt somebody.

• I saw a commercial for a remake of a Pink Panther movie last night with Steve Martin as Clouseau - that looks like a turd of a movie - and it seemed the french accent was particularly bad.

Kick me if i'm missing internet sarcasm but although I have no doubt that this film will be shit the whole point of Martin's accent should be that it's atrocious.

But there is a difference between bad = humorous (Sellers) and bad = shite (Martin).

umm...correct me if I'm wrong, but the whole point of it being a bad accent is the British making fun of the French - cause they have a history of not liking each other (in a playful way - that's why they call it eggy bread and chips instead of french toast and french fries)

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

Add Ralph Fiennes to that list.

whoa. i don't think Fiennes is god's gift to acting, but he (and his smokin hot body) is light years ahead of Reeves.

have you seen Greenaway's The Baby of Macon? Fiennes was very good in that.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts

Keanu Reeves is a fucking joke. That man is such a non[/b] -dimensional actor.

• How bout Angelina in Alexander plus the fact that she played colin farrell's mother...

• Keanu Reeves Brit accent in Dracula was the worst EVAR!!!!!!!!![/b]

Yup...no contest.It's hard to fathom Coppola put up with that nonsense. Keanu single handedly destroyed that movie.

A close second is Drew Barrymore in Ever After.Fucking dreadful.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    I just want to mention horrible dubbing

The french dubbing of this classic

Some of the worst middle-east accents ever

However this is mostly a shameless plug of one of the most hilarious B-Movies ever about a gymnastic champion ninja figther on death island

• Classic bad accent...Robby Benson in Walk Proud in which he plays a troubled Chicano LA gang member in the 70's

• Keanu Reeves Brit accent in Dracula was the worst EVAR!!!!!!!!![/b]

Add Ralph Fiennes to that list.

whoa. i don't think Fiennes is god's gift to acting, but he (and his smokin hot body) is light years ahead of Reeves.

have you seen Greenaway's The Baby of Macon? Fiennes was very good in that.

you must be the first lady i`ve heard of that agrees with my mrs.
    after seeing fiennes in schindlers list she thinks he`s the best thing since sliced bread.
    so much so she made me take her to see 'maid in manhattan'

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    You and me, we's Joisey

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I just want to mention horrible dubbing

The french dubbing of this classic

Some of the worst middle-east accents ever

However this is mostly a shameless plug of one of the most hilarious B-Movies ever about a gymnastic champion ninja figther on death island

Ha ha! Holy shit I'd forgotten about this film. This and Remo passed many a dull night in the eighties.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    What about making Black actors talk with a "ghetto" accents? Lets here some bad examples.

Dan

Funny you should ask this, Dan. Right away, Cuba Gooding, Jr. comes to mind in how awful and out-of-place he was in "Boyz in the Hood", which I watch a couple of nights ago. Larenz Tate's and Tyrin Turner's accents in "Menace II Society" were overdone, obviously, next to the likes of Eith and Too Short.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts