check out the front page of nytimes.com

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    storchavelli

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    hey is that Zack Galfanakis in your avatar?

yes!

DUDE FINNA BLOW!!!!!!!!!!! PUT OUT OR AIR A ONE MAN SHOW OF HIS OR YOU'RE SOFT, COMEDY CENTRAL.

he did a CC Presents a few years back. it wasn't as strong as some of his other shit i've seen, but had a great close.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Without this he's nothing.

• Throughout the day, Mr. Storch, a pack-a-day-type, chain-smoked Marlboros and inhaled prodigious amounts of marijuana. "I'm getting you totally baked right now, aren't I?" he asked this reporter at one point as she sat engulfed in a pungent cloud of secondhand smoke.

totally

• KaushikKaushik 320 Posts
    And why exactly is Stortch that rich? He hasn't had more hits then any other big name producer out there.

Do the math:

Storch claims to do about 80 tracks/sessions a year
    His fee is anywhere from $80K - $90K per track

Therefore he's grossing at least $6.4 million annually. He's living pretty comfortably on his session paychecks. You don't have to have hits to make bank.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    And why exactly is Stortch that rich? He hasn't had more hits then any other big name producer out there.

Do the math:

Storch claims to do about 80 tracks/sessions a year
    His fee is anywhere from $80K - $90K per track

Therefore he's grossing at least $6.4 million annually. He's living pretty comfortably on his session paychecks. You don't have to have hits to make bank.

Am I the only one who's a little skeptical at the claim that he's making 80 tracks a year?

Not that even half that wouldn't be great paper, especially when dude is buying Bentleys like they're a box of chocolate.

• He probably makes double that amount of tracks per year. It is a regular occurrence that beats get bought and never show up on albums.

I'm sure his royalty checks look real nice too, wtf do you mean no more than any other producer? He's getting paid hansomely for his work with Dre to start, then add to that "Blow Your Mind", that and his checks off "Lean Back" alone are huge. And that's just starting. Anyone feel like listing tracks he's produced for G-Unit, I'm busy

One doesn't need to be an industry insider to figure this shit out

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Am I the only one who's a little skeptical at the claim that he's making 80 tracks a year?

Naw, I'm sure he does... keep in mind that would include Olivia album tracks and shit...

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    He probably makes double that amount of tracks per year. It is a regular occurrence that beats get bought and never show up on albums.

I'm sure his royalty checks look real nice too, wtf do you mean no more than any other producer? He's getting paid hansomely for his work with Dre to start, then add to that "Blow Your Mind", that and his checks off "Lean Back" alone are huge. And that's just starting. Anyone feel like listing tracks he's produced for G-Unit, I'm busy

One doesn't need to be an industry insider to figure this shit out

You're talking about records that have been world-wide hits as well. At one point, it seemed as though I'd heard that Mario record about seven times a day for at least a month.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    hansomely

How Scott Storch is riding:

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    From Lil Kim to Paris Hilton. Wow. I guess he's the new Slug: Storch Loves Ugly Girls

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    From Lil Kim to Paris Hilton. Wow. I guess he's the new Slug: Storch Loves Ugly Girls

DEAL WITH IT?

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Not that even half that wouldn't be great paper, especially when dude is buying Bentleys like they're a box of chocolate.

Need I refer you to The Millionaire Next Door.

Money flushes oh so easy.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

his silent but leggy Brazilian girlfriend

WTF does this mean?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

WTF does this mean?

it's the "but" that doesn't make much sense. Why couldn't she be "silent AND leggy"?

To JP: good point about the "tracks that never appear." I had not contemplated.

WTF does this mean?

it's the "but" that doesn't make much sense. Why couldn't she be "silent AND leggy"?

Apparently it's unusual for silent people to have long legs.

• his silent but leggy Brazilian girlfriend

WTF does this mean?

Could be a play on "silent but deadly" ...

She makes her presence known without talking.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

Apparently it's unusual for silent people to have long legs.

silent + leggy + brazilian =

WTF does this mean?
    Could be a play on "silent but
    deadly" ...

She makes her presence known without talking.

I highly doubt she was farting during an interview.

• And that's why you aren't a [color:red]tastemaker[/color]. BANTU

And that's why you aren't a [color:red]tastemaker[/color]. BANTU.

Having a sense of humor and/or deviating from a obsessive-compulsive fixation on records doesn't necessarily eliminate me from being a [color:red]tastemaker[/color].

MWANZA.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    deviating from a obsessive-compulsive fixation on records

you don't say that kind of shit here

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

brilliant.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    yeh if he points for spins on the radio as well as points for album sales (which undoubtedly he is), he is easily making a stupid amount of money. Also he will probably (not that it even compares to the money he is making off his hits) always make a decent royalty check off all of the Roots stuff he has produced since it seems to hold its value longer than the flavor of the month.

• And that's why you aren't a [color:red]tastemaker[/color]. BANTU.

Having a sense of humor and/or deviating from a obsessive-compulsive fixation on records doesn't necessarily eliminate me from being a [color:red]tastemaker[/color].

MWANZA.

The general community consensus--which is what really matters in this case--says: not a [color:red]tastemaker[/color] due to lack of posts deemed worthwhile by the community.

And that's why you aren't a [color:red]tastemaker[/color]. BANTU.

MWANZA.
    The general community consensus--which is what really matters in this case--says: not a [color:red]tastemaker[/color] due to lack of posts deemed worthwhile by the community.

That's exactly the type of groupthink that will keep you in your current position.

And why do you keep using derogatory terms for African blacks towards me?

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

autofocus is your friend

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

autofocus is your friend

I think "flower mode" would do the trick.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    "In the early 1990's he was a keyboardist for the Roots, a neo-soul band, but eventually began to feel stifled creatively."

• And why do you keep using derogatory terms for African blacks towards me?

'Cause TU need BAN.