ZAMFIR is Maestro!

whatwhatwhatwhat 89 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
great interview with Zamfir. Never knew he was such a badass!http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20060113.wxzamfir13/BNStory/Entertainment/Another thing that's gotten Zamfir's goat is the legion of inferior pan-pipe players around -- "false flutists," as the Maestro accusingly refers to them. "I have discovered thousands of pan flutists in the world, but they are only amateurs" he says, his voice rising formidably. "No interpretation, no conception, no school, no teacher. Nothing! In my opinion, they are 98-per-cent criminals."Just a minute, Zamfir. Do not the fledgling players love the instrument, just as you yourself do? "No! They destroy the sound," says Zamfir, who was educated at the Bucharest Academy of Music as a teenager. "I discovered the divine power and the magic power of this instrument," he continues, impressively. "This army of garbage, they destroy it."To the Maestro, these new players are simply imitators who flood the market with unworthy products. "Everybody makes the CDs," he says, dismissively. "They are extremely proud -- 'I have new CD, I have new CD' -- but which style CD is it? Which sound?"Zamfir sound?"Zamfir!"

Comments

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    THAT REAL SCHITT[/b]

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Hilarity

Montreal struter welcome

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    so do they drip false fany flute juice?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    just the name "zamfir", brings me to shudder, recalling the most boring roadtrip i ever took as a child. two-weeks with my parents' friends, and i almost killed myself... in 5th grade.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    Zamfir master of the skin flute.