cool c's execution date has been set for march 9th

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    9 pages

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

OHHHHH MAN...

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    I don't understand...plaese to explain (this would be a perfect time to use the DVD Rewind graemlin).

Wut are you folks talking about?

SG

• Cool C is a rapper who robbed a bank with Steady B and killed the first female officer to die on duty in Philadelphia.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

juice crew dis

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Has he ran out of appeals?

BTW isnt that the day Biggie Smalls died?

• isnt that the day Biggie Smalls died?

yes

Has he ran out of appeals?

i doubt it, but the governor signed his death warrant, and that's the date set

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Pennsylvania Governor Ed Rendell signed the execution warrant yesterday (Jan. 9)
    for former Philadelphia rapper Christopher "Cool C" Roney. Roney, 36, is currently
    an inmate at Pennsylvania's State Correctional Institution at Greene and is set to
    die by lethal injection on March 9. In October 1996, Roney was found guilty of
    first-degree murder in the killing of Philadelphia police officer Lauretha Vaird
    during a botched Jan. 1996 bank robbery that included rap partner Warren "Steady B"
    McGlone and a third man. Roney was a member of rap crew The Hilltop Hustlers in the
    late 1980s and helped put Philly rappers on the map with singles such as 1989's
    "Glamorous Life."

For the full story log on: http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=5243

• edubedub 715 Posts
    good lord:

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Damn. That is VERY sad news. Is Steady B on death row as well?

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Damn. That is VERY sad news. Is Steady B on death row as well?

Naw, Steady got life instead of death. I don't know which is worse, really.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts

Cool C out.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

Cool C out.

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    I was a huge fan of Hilltop Hustlers, my own company is called "Hilltop".

When we talk of Warren Mcglone aka Steady B aka Abdus Sabir Salaam aka Boob X
    I found the folowing qoute

"... was sentenced to life without possibility of parole."

I'm no expert in american justice, what does that mean in years or whatever ??

Peace
    Hawkeye

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

It means until he dies, dude.

• What?? I thought it was always life.
    Wasn't DJ Ultimate Ease also caught up in this shit as well. Are Steady & he also up for execution or was it only Cool C who shot the policewoman?

That was the most unreal story when it happned. The stupidity.
    ...and capital Punishment sucks...

They never did 'count endless bank'...

In germany sentenced to life means 15 years, after 2/3 you are out if you were nice to the corectional officers

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Isn't there "Life" and "Life Without Parole"?

I think the word parole has two diffrent meanings for you guys in the US. In germany When you've served your life sentence you can go without parole time and parole officer. We have a life sentence with something special aditional too ....????

I have absolutley no clue how I can translate the german words into proper english.

It means that after your 15 years you wont come out because you are dangerous for the society. Some of them will go into hospitals for mental disorderd and some will stay in the correctional facilty for as long as something like a jury thinks it is necessary.

I dont think that we have a punishment that will get you in jail forever without any chance of ever getting out again.

What I didnt really get is, as far as I read about the case, Steady B was just the driver. Is that a normal punishment for a driver ???

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

What I dnt really get is, as far as I read about the case, Steady B was just the driver. Is that a normal punishment for a driver ???

Steady wasn't the driver. A friend of mine named Snuka was the driver. He got life because of his involvement, as did Steady B who was in the bank with C, but didn't do anything. As a matter of fact nobody knew that woman was going to get popped. Nonetheless... really sad scene. Snuka was a good dude who just got wrapped up in the wrong thing.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

What I didnt really get is, as far as I read about the case, Steady B was just the driver. Is that a normal punishment for a driver ???

When a cop, a female cop no less, is shot and killed? Yes. It's very normal.
    And, IMO, completely justified.

I dont know the case, so I cant judge. We have diffrent justice systems and I have some problems with some court decisions that are made in germany. Sometimes I think it is not hard enough, but I have my problems with your court decisions too. Most time I think it is to hard. Your corectional system has become a buisness, they start the same here now too, but only 1-2 jails here are in privat hands, the rest belongs to the goverment and no one is earning money with the inmates.

Death penalty is another thing, abortion, gay mariage, getting 20 million dollars for throwing a coffee on my own chest and burning myself and than saying "OK, I deserve the money because it was not written on the cup that I should not throw the coffee on my chest beacuse it is hot", this new law from bush that you have to show your real name on the web because you could annoy someone, guantanamo bay and so on.

It allways reminds me on the end of "Some like it hot"

"Nobody is perfect"

Peace
    Hawkeye
    (Not my real name)

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

It means until he dies, dude.

He was working on an appeal a few years back--not on some "let me out of jail on a technicality!" type shit, but more hoping he can find a way to someday get out on parole. I don't know what, if anything, ever came of it, but I doubt it turned up in his favor.

• That Cool C album had mad bass.
    "Whoo Whoo, you got it..."

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Dante, you know your avatar is somewhat reminiscent of the Hilltop Hustler handsign, right?

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    oooooooooh say can you seeeeeee

• FREE COOL C!!!

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I remember hearing about the whole incident when it first happened. I couldn't believe it happened. It just sucks to see somebody with promise and a future mess up their lives and the life of another. The whole story was

• FREE COOL C!!!

Are you serious???

I'm don't at all believe in capital punishment. But these dudes fucked up

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts

Honey Cone
    Stick Up

Help!! I've been robbed!!

Stick-up, highway robbery
    Stole my love from me-it's a case of grand larceny
    Stick-up, highway robbery
    It's a felony-heartbreak in the first degree

He walked into my life hungry for love