Who else is buying 'Eraserhead' today?

LamarTinsonLamarTinson 507 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central

Comments

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    What do you mean? It's been on DVD for a while. I think it was exclusive to davidlynch.com or something and I recall it being expensive. Are they dropping the price?

• Yeah, the same version as the lynch.com one, but 1/2 the cost and available at stores near you.

• rayray 77 Posts
    *edited for ignorance.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    a few months ago, i copped a foreign-made dvd of wild at heart, but recently saw a domestic version with a bunch of extras (making-of's and so forth)... i thought he wasn't gonna let that one out?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    rad! the VHS has been for a while now.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    rad! the VHS has been for a while now.

It used to fetch high dollars before the DVD was released. Maybe it still does? There was only one store in my area that had it for rent back in the day (Tower Records) and then they changed store format and stopped renting movies.

I had a lot of love for this movie. Certainly not something I could watch over-and-over though. The Castro Theatre recently played a lot of Lynch's film but no Eraserhead. Twin Peaks Fire Walk With Me was AMAZING to see on screen. The DVD or VHS can't compare to seeing it on screen.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Twin Peaks Fire Walk With Me was AMAZING to see on screen. The DVD or VHS can't compare to seeing it on screen.
    what about on mushrooms and acid?

• I also saw a collection of his short films came out today.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

I have not eaten a Cornish Hen since I saw this movie when it first came out.

I read recently that the actor who played the main character Henry died after getting hit over the head in a Doughnut Shop!!!

• I have not eaten a Cornish Hen since I saw this movie when it first came out.

I read recently that the actor who played the main character Henry died after getting hit over the head in a Doughnut Shop!!!

Yes, RIP Pete Martel.

"There's a fish in the percolator."

• Man, I love me some David Lynch. For some reason though, I had a hard time w/ "Eraserhead". I just didn't get it.

I'll have to use this re-launch as an opportunity to revisit the film.

• I've been watching my Japanese dvd of this for awhile now...

If this new release version has enough extras and shit, I'll have to trade in.

This movie may very well be in my top 5 of all time.

Peace...
    FNM