Curtis Mantronik apprectiation

OlskiOlski 355 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
1. Joyce Sims - Come in To My Life (Personal post-modern-soul-modern-soul classic. Heaviest memory lane alert with every play!!!)2. Just-Ice - Latoya ( the whole Back To The Old School album is one stone cold classic that can't be fucked with!!)3. Mantronix - Who Is It ( it's the joint!!!!)

Comments

• JoshDJoshD 215 Posts
    Hardcore Hip-Hop

T La Rock "the Breakdown"

• ScottScott 420 Posts
    "King of the Beats"

• meshmesh 925 Posts

yes

one of my favorite producers from that era.

Bassline =

not too much in to his later stuff though.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    Yo Oli, morgen bin ich um die ecke bei dir. Melde mich dann abends mal.

King Of Beat is dope as hell. What totaly freacked me out was that I knew "The Power" by Snap before I heard "King of Beats". So I knew the drumbreak but I never knew thad the cowbelish hihat sound that is triggered in 16th is the fucking cowbell from "Mardi Gras" He is a genius.
    And yes, "come into my life" is also one of my most favourites song of 80s R'n'B.

C Ya
    Hawkenpeter

• JayGeeJayGee 313 Posts

3. Mantronix - Who Is It ( it's the joint!!!!)

One of the tunes that gotme thinking maybe hiphop wasn't that bad!

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

3. Mantronix - Who Is It ( it's the joint!!!!)

One of the tunes that gotme thinking maybe hiphop wasn't that bad!

Don't front on:

-"Get Stupid, Fresh"-Mantronix.
    -"Bass Machine"-T La Rock.
    -"Put that Record Back On"-Just-Ice.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Just Ice - Turbo Charged (My Fav)
    T La Rock - Back to Burn
    Antoinette - Take it from the Top

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

1. Joyce Sims - Come in To My Life (Personal post-modern-soul-modern-soul classic. Heaviest memory lane alert with every play!!!)

"Come Into My Life", "All N All", "Lifetime Love"... those were all Mantronik productions, weren't they? Man, I loved all that schitt. Especially "Come Into My Life". Joyce was one of those singers that really didn't have much of a voice, but she complimented those tracks well.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

1. Joyce Sims - Come in To My Life (Personal post-modern-soul-modern-soul classic. Heaviest memory lane alert with every play!!!)

"Come Into My Life", "All N All", "Lifetime Love"... those were all Mantronik productions, weren't they? Man, I loved all that schitt. Especially "Come Into My Life". Joyce was one of those singers that really didn't have much of a voice, but she complimented those tracks well.

Oh memories... 14, moving to the states with fam and leaving my girl. She was 15 and hot. That was our tape!

• YemskyYemsky 708 Posts

I love this.
    I don't have my twelve inch at hand but I remember Hungry For Your Love actually being a Kurt Mantronik WRITTEN sond, but surprisingly neither produced nor mixed by him.
    Am I wrong?