I never knew (Geto Boys related)

JayGeeJayGee 313 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
Stumbled upon the Geto Boys' "Making Trouble" CD in a mates collection the other day.
Was really amazed that they cut an album before bill, willie & scarface entered the group. I heard it's not very good but you tell me. Was it ever released on vinyl?

Comments

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Stumbled upon the Geto Boys' "Making Trouble" CD in a mates collection the other day.
    Was really amazed that they cut an album before bill, willie & scarface entered the group. I heard it's not very good but you tell me. Was it ever released on vinyl?

Yes, and a 12". Bushwick Bill was a dancer for them before he became a part of that group.

• rascmonrascmon 441 Posts
    Bushwick Bill was a dancer

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    it was released on vinyl.

it is not very good, at least not if you're expecting something in the style of the later GBs shit. if you enjoy knock off run dmc type stuff, makin' trouble might be for you.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

it is not very good, at least not if you're expecting something in the style of the later GBs shit. if you enjoy knock off run dmc type stuff, makin' trouble might be for you.

How do you know? Were you there when it came out?

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Was J. Prince actually in this original version of the Ghetto Boys and was he rappin'?

Was J. Prince actually in this original version of the Ghetto Boys and was he rappin'?

I think his brother was.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    How do you know? Were you there when it came out?

as a matter of fact i was.

• Geto Boys = the Destiny's Child of rap

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Geto Boys = the Destiny's Child of rap

Yes but no. Not a single member from the OG Geto Boys is still in the group today.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

I think his brother was.

i think his brother (cousin?) was in the very earliest incarnation of the group when they put out the "car freaks" 12" (along with jukebox and Raheem, who would go on to be a solo RAL artist). by the time album dropped the group had actually switched up the lineup considerably - now consisting of jukebox, and trenton exports prince johnny p & dj reddy red.

and again, i know all this because i was there.

I think his brother was.

i think his brother (cousin?) was in the very earliest incarnation of the group when they put out the "car freaks" 12" (along with jukebox and Raheem, who would go on to be a solo RAL artist). by the time album dropped the group had actually switched up the lineup considerably - now consisting of jukebox, and trenton exports prince johnny p & dj reddy red.

I was there and I didn't even know this... Explain that.

• Was J. Prince actually in this original version of the Ghetto Boys and was he rappin'?

I think his brother was.

the internet

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

well i was there and i totally don't remember seeing you there!

I think his brother was.

Well, what I know I know from an interview with J. Prince where he claimed to have been so impressed with Face as an MC that he replaced "my own brother" with him in the group, suggesting that his brother had been in the lineup immediately preceding the one where Face was added... but then Prince also seems like somebody that wouldn't hesitate to compress events to make a better story.

I think his brother was.

the internet

So does that make Noz realer than me? Apparently so according to the east coast SOUND biased strutters.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    cashless what were you wearing when you were there? i'm trying to place you.

i was the six year old white kid in blue jammies.

That was me at Fondren Great Skate with the og Le Tigre polo on follio.

• Was J. Prince actually in this original version of the Ghetto Boys and was he rappin'?

I think his brother was.

the internet

So does that make Noz realer than me? Apparently so according to the east coast SOUND biased strutters.

Who knows. I remember being mad when I bought "Making Trouble" because I thought I was buying the scarface album though. Didn't have Soulstrut to explain it to me at the time.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

That was me at Fondren Great Skate with the og Le Tigre polo on follio.

ok i think i remember you now.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Didn't have Soulstrut

tha realness

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    I had a cold when I bought making trouble. Got that & the Michee Mee Jamacian funk album on the same day. Had a whopper @ burger king. Whenever I play either, I have a sense memory of phlem & hamburger.

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    this is off topic, a little. BUT, when I went to High School in Alief (SW Houston) lil bill had plenty of the females at my high school pregnant. a little bushwick army, if you will. Anyways, i would often seen him walking down Beechnut without a shirt on, and he has these cute little midget arms that kinda come out of his back a little. They kinda make him look like a little pterodactyl. ADORABLE!!!!!!

this is off topic, a little. BUT, when I went to High School in Alief (SW Houston) lil bill had plenty of the females at my high school pregnant. a little bushwick army, if you will. Anyways, i would often seen him walking down Beechnut without a shirt on, and he has these cute little midget arms that kinda come out of his back a little. They kinda make him look like a little pterodactyl. ADORABLE!!!!!!

My cuz Jorge's (RIP) ex-girl had a baby by Chuckwick.

• this is off topic, a little. BUT, when I went to High School in Alief (SW Houston) lil bill had plenty of the females at my high school pregnant. a little bushwick army, if you will. Anyways, i would often seen him walking down Beechnut without a shirt on, and he has these cute little midget arms that kinda come out of his back a little. They kinda make him look like a little pterodactyl. ADORABLE!!!!!!

Remember SXSW, around 93 or 94, when he was on stage with Blac Moncs throwin' out T-shirts? If you weren't in the first 4 feet of the stage, you ain't caught a shirt.

'Nother Bill story: A friend of mine's mom was a receptionist at a big office building in Houston. She came home one day and asked her son if he'd heard of a midget rapper named Bushwich Bill. Apparently, he'd come into her building to meet with someone and was kickin' it in the lobby. He said, "What's yo' name, lady?" She told him, then asked his name, to which he replied:

"Well, my name is Bushwick Motherfuckin' Bill. Nice to meet you."

Lil' man made quite an impression.

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    i saw him open (term used very loosely) for Pharcyde in Houston a long time ago. He was always so drunk that he could barely stand. the good news? he didn't have very far to fall. his little legs are about 8 inches. (no promo) CUTENESS EXPLOSIONS!!!

He got booed off stage in his hometown. (not cute)

Did either one of you catch the KRS show in Houston where KRS snuck off stage about 20 minutes into his shit after introducing Bushwick and letting him (for lack of a better term) freestyle for the rest of the show?

I think DJStyles was spinning in a Ninja mask at that show. Or was that Good Grief?

• Did either one of you catch the KRS show in Houston where KRS snuck off stage about 20 minutes into his shit after introducing Bushwick and letting him (for lack of a better term) freestyle for the rest of the show?

I think DJStyles was spinning in a Ninja mask at that show. Or was that Good Grief?
    i think that was good grief, i saw bill at chikfila the other day signing autographs.

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    What are your favourite Rap a Lot releases ??? I found this LP in the dollar bin and it is brilliant. Only one track that is a little bit tasteless because the rapper is trying to bring the LL Cool J "I need love" clone which a lot of rap groups did back than. But the rest is dope as hell. Lyrics are nice and the beats are hard.

For me it is a sleept on classic

The picture is from Sloopy Whites site, he did a 3rd 80s new school mix where some tracks of this LP are on.

Peace
    Hawkeye

Did either one of you catch the KRS show in Houston where KRS snuck off stage about 20 minutes into his shit after introducing Bushwick and letting him (for lack of a better term) freestyle for the rest of the show?

Wow--great Bushwick stories. Keep 'em coming.

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts

i think that was good grief, i saw bill at chikfila the other day signing autographs.

Good Grief is THAT dude. watching him drink Makers rocks and do solo suplexes on his hoopty hood is fun.

Hey, Grief!! Good job last night at Cabo! Hey JD!! good job last night at Max's!!!

white people DO all look the same.