Macworld rumors

Comments

• Live feed:

MacRumors: Intel Bunny suit guy walks out...
    MacRumors: Paul Otellini appears. Intel is ready. Apple is ready too.
    MacRumors: Hard work, nights and weekends working... thanks Intel.
    MacRumors: Thrilled with new technology from Intel. Paul Otellini leaves.
    MacRumors: First Mac with Intel processor today.
    MacRumors: The iMac - built in isight camera. front row. incredible reception.
    MacRumors: No other desktop PC can match it.
    MacRumors: Same sizes. 17", 20". Same design. Same features (isight, front row, apple remote), Same price. What's different.
    MacRumors: Intel Processor. 2-3x faster than the iMac G5.
    MacRumors: Intel Core Duo. an amazing chip.
    MacRumors: Two cores. each one faster than the G5.
    MacRumors: showing benchmarks. overall 2-3x faster.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts

MacRumors: Intel Bunny suit guy walks out...
    MacRumors: Paul Otellini appears. Intel is ready. Apple is ready too.

what are they about to do. LAN Orgy>?

• edubedub 715 Posts
    one more thing:

MacBook pro.

• ONE MORE THING!!

MacRumors: Showing a Powerbook G4. Trying to shoehorn a G5 into the Powerbook. We've done everyhing possible...

MacRumors: But power consuption. Now discussing Peformance per Watt.

MacRumors: Today - MacBook Pro

MacRumors: New laptop computer.

MacRumors: No more Powerbook. Intel duo Core.

MacRumors: 2 processors in every Macbook pro.

MacRumors: 4-5x faster.

SICK WIDDIT

(gets out credit card)

• NO MORE POWERBOOKS, OMG.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    NO MORE POWERBOOKS, OMG.

Fuck a powerbook, MacBook Pro

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    MacBook Pro

I WANT ONE!

• NO MORE POWERBOOKS, OMG.

AWESOME, $1500 down the drain.

I bought a powerbook a year and a half ago. I hate computers

I just made $5K!

Apple stock went up 5.26 today.

I just made $5K!

you ain't make shit til ya sell it.

I just made $5K!

you ain't make shit til ya sell it.

quite true.... my stock value went up $5k.

• edubedub 715 Posts
    better sell now, before all the bugs in the new hardware reveals itself

ha!

• MacBook Pro

I WANT ONE!

interesting: optical audio in/out, no more FW800, and only 1 size (15")

and I feel your hurt JP - I coulda got a 17" for the same price as my 15" 3 weeks after I bought it a year ago....

MacBook Pro

I WANT ONE!

and I feel your hurt JP - I coulda got a 17" for the same price as my 15" 3 weeks after I bought it a year ago....

Can someone explain no more FW800?

• edubedub 715 Posts

ha!

I'm holding on to my 4 shares... I just made $17!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!..... LOLOLOLOLOL!!!1!!!!

• edubedub 715 Posts
    NO MORE POWERBOOKS, OMG.

AWESOME, $1500 down the drain.

how is that down the drain?

- you still have your computer, right??

- it still has the same specs as before, and can do the same as before - how is that different now?

• MacBook Pro

I WANT ONE!

firewire 800 - which is twice as fast as firewire 400. think of it as the USB 2.0 of firewire

• AWESOME, $1500 down the drain.

how is that down the drain?

- you still have your computer, right??

- it still has the same specs as before, and can do the same as before - how is that different now?

Exactly.

I have a 15" powerbook G5 that has seen better days. Just passed its 2nd birthday. It still makes me money as a freelance software developer & writer, and has paid for itself more than 10x over.

Just figure on upgrading every 3 years or so and you'll be set.

.....still, the $1200 iMac dual processor (with academic discount) is tempting...

• asparagusasparagus Northampton, MA 333 Posts
    MacBook Pro

I WANT ONE!

firewire 800 - which is twice as fast as firewire 400. think of it as the USB 2.0 of firewire

its also quite pricey, and not supported as much among other tech manufacturers - which is why apple has stopped using it w/ the ipod and now the macbook.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    major exclusions in macbook pro

- no fw 800

- no s-video link

- stripped down single layer superdrive (only burns 4x)?????

I guess they're still trying to retain powerbook sales, but I find it a bit odd.

rockwell - you don't need a 17", it's really too big for its own good. 15" is heavy enough as is...........I currently have a 15" 1.5ghz and it suits me well. Actually I had a 12" before, and I actually miss the portability of that unit.

ps: rosetta takes a 30% hit on performance with translating ppc to x86 code, so take that into account if you're planning a purchase.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    The new power adapter with MagSafe connector is just that: a magnetic connection instead of a physical one. So, tripping over a power cord won???t send MacBook Pro flying off a table or desk; the cord simply breaks cleanly away, without damage to either the lough or the system. As an added nicety, this means less wear on the connectors.

nice one, I've pulled this boneheaded move a few times already. Dented pb is not grown & sexy.

MacBook Pro represents a new level of Apple notebook design, a perfect home for the all-new Intel architecture. Battery: new lithium-polymer technology, stacked with the hard drive. Vents: gone from the sides, moved to the rear. Wireless antennas: gone from the display, moved to the hinge. One tenth of an inch in thickness: just plain gone.

hopefully this improves on wireless reception, as the metal case has always resulted in poorer reception compared to the ibook.

ps: rosetta takes a 30% hit on performance with translating ppc to x86 code, so take that into account if you're planning a purchase.

• any word on the new mini macs? im thinking of getting one on suggestion of my boy benjo, but then my other boy bim bim says the mini macs are gimmicky pieces of shit that wouldnt be able to handle the stuff i want to do on it. thoughts? help? plaese?

any word on the new mini macs? im thinking of getting one on suggestion of my boy benjo[/b], but then my other boy bim bim says the mini macs are gimmicky pieces of shit that wouldnt be able to handle the stuff i want to do on it. thoughts? help? plaese?

Your boy "toilet", huh?

Mac minis are for girls (and shrewd entry level users, like mi mumma).

• any word on the new mini macs? im thinking of getting one on suggestion of my boy benjo[/b], but then my other boy bim bim says the mini macs are gimmicky pieces of shit that wouldnt be able to handle the stuff i want to do on it. thoughts? help? plaese?

Your boy "toilet", huh?

well, he likes to call himself bentro, but i call him benjo, yes like the "obenjo". anyways, so youre immasculating the mini macs, which is fine by me but, 1. guzzo's gonna be so pissed and call you out, dogg, cuz that's a bitch move! and 2. does this mean it wont run fcp6 properly. i mean, im not gonna hang it from my ballsack so if no one sees my girlie mini mac i really dont care. id just like to know if it's capable of some shit or if its really a gimmicky piece of poo.

any word on the new mini macs? im thinking of getting one on suggestion of my boy benjo[/b], but then my other boy bim bim says the mini macs are gimmicky pieces of shit that wouldnt be able to handle the stuff i want to do on it. thoughts? help? plaese?

Your boy "toilet", huh?

well, he likes to call himself bentro, but i call him benjo, yes like the "obenjo". anyways, so youre immasculating the mini macs, which is fine by me but, 1. guzzo's gonna be so pissed and call you out, dogg, cuz that's a bitch move! and 2. does this mean it wont run fcp6 properly. i mean, im not gonna hang it from my ballsack so if no one sees my girlie mini mac i really dont care. id just like to know if it's capable of some shit or if its really a gimmicky piece of poo.

I mean, they're cool. I just would expect some great performance outta it using FCP or something heavy like that.

In a desktop, especially for sound and video, I would AT LEAST want to have the option of putting cards in.

just my 0.02.

• fair enough. thanks! i'll think about it some more.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i didn't read anything but im assuming no prices were given out for the new shit they got coming out?

• i didn't read anything but im assuming no prices were given out for the new shit they got coming out?

Nope, all on sale now. Shipping now with the exception of the laptops, which begin in February (I think).

http://store.apple.com