How much do you smoke? (weedstrut related)

TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
The 'records or smoke'-post made me think, how much do you guys smoke? And when do you smoke? Daytime, nighttime? And what do you smoke?

I used to smoke a lot, daily.
Now I'm down to maybe 4 or 5 stoned evenings a month, either with friends playing some golf and soccer on xbox or alone at home. When I smoke at home I usually wait till my girl goes to bed, then I light up, open a bottle of wine and listen to music or watch movies.

+

I usually smoke `rode libanon??, a light kind of hash. Doesnt knock all my senses out like most weed does, but just gets me pleasantly high.
Most weed here in Amsterdam is to fucking strong for me...
+

Comments

• I quit ciggys years ago. I chain smoked 3 packs of Newports in a speed binge. I never wanted another cigarette again.

My pops did bring me a Cuban cigar recently, which was

For me it was all about coffee and cigarettes. Now it's just coffee. Much better.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    cigs -- I smoked them for like a week, then quit because I saw my friends start fiending for them every couple of hours. Everything revolved around that which freaked me out

Weed -- I can't smoke as much as I'd like to...like when I was in art school. I still enjoy about 4 fat j's a week. There is nothing like record shopping high. Almost as much fun as listening high.

Sausage -- don't eat the swine or any meat for that matter anymore...been vegetarian for a little over a year now

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    just thinking about it makes me drool. i was daily for quite a while, but about 5 months ago, i decided to quit for a bit and my girlfriend told me that it would have to be permanent-style if we were going to stay together. she doesn't smoke because it makes her paranoid. since then, i've smoked twice, some shitty hash in brooklyn, and about a week ago... when i was totally drunk on gin. that last time, i almost threw up right after, so i'm thinking it'll be a while again, but there are days that i'd way rather be reading high times than the economist.

• I smoke weed daily, multiple times. I try to pace myself but i smoke joints like cigarettes. I'm gonna cut back to a couple times a day. "Yeah right. " is what my girlfriend says.

• E_DailyE_Daily 812 Posts
    I smoke weed daily, multiple times. I try to pace myself but i smoke joints like cigarettes.

im with you on that, just that...
    I would cut it down to once a day. "Yeah right. " is what my brain says.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Hey magic, all hash in brooklyn is shitty - either coz it's not hash, or it's great hash and someone shitted it out their botty.

I don't want to reveal how much I smoke a day so as not to give up my competitive advantage.

GET ON MY LEVEL

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    I smoke weed daily, multiple times. I try to pace myself but i smoke joints like cigarettes.

Yeah, it is a great way to give up cigarettes.

• JayGeeJayGee 313 Posts
    10-20 cigs a day (at the moment 20!)
    but quittin for good in a few days when my exams are history.

weed: 2-4 times a week, depending on school, girls, etc.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    CIGARET: 0 - I stopped 5 months ago

BLIZZY: 0 - I sopped 2 years ago

I'm not funny any more.

• mallardmallard 452 Posts
    i've been smoking weed pretty much daily since i moved out on my own. i've been trying to stop, or at least cut back to once a week or so, but the shit has got me by the balls. seriously, whoever says marijuana is non-addictive is kidding themselves.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

CIGARET: 0 - I stopped 5 months ago

BLIZZY: 0 - I sopped 2 years ago

Before that I smoked around 5>10 blunts a day, I needed to smoke (at least) 2 blunts to sleep...

And I smoked 15/20 cigarets a day.

• I smoke weed daily, multiple times. I try to pace myself but i smoke joints like cigarettes.

Yeah, it is a great way to give up cigarettes.

add me to the list. it is nice because i don't want to be high all the time, so i don't smoke them all the time. i smoke waaay less than before.

• Hey magic, all hash in brooklyn is shitty - either coz it's not hash, or it's great hash and someone shitted it out their botty.

I don't want to reveal how much I smoke a day so as not to give up my competitive advantage.

yeah, but you smoke those sissy Euro-spliffs that are all watered down with tobacco.

GET ON MY LEVEL

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I quit cigs about a year ago, after smoking for almost 20 years. Now the smell of them makes me ill. In fact, my new roomate somkes butts, and every time she lights up I feel like I'm going to hurl & pass out.

I smoke herb daily. Not a ton of it every day, but I generally come home from work, throw on whatever records I picked up on lunch/came in the mail, smoke up a fat bowl, and check out what I missed on SS while the office/unemployed crew was in effect. One or two more sessions throughout the night, depending on how late I stay up. The night before my radio gig (like TODAY) is the the heaviest smoking period. While I pull and play records to get ready for the next day, I smoke like once an hour for however long it takes, often all night until 3 AM.
    My show is "weed approved" that's for sure!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Weed has been up and down for me. Heads will surely relate to this. The ''fuck this stuff'' period with diminishing smoking and not buying anymore moves to just a bag cause I hate scavenging and then going back up again.

I was recently in the smoke a lot period. Shit like smoking before studying and to get inspired for essays. which lead me to smoking at ungodly hours to boost me up to continue writing catching up on all the work I had missed due to the previously mentioned blazing.It was addict like but I was conscious.

After these vacations I have found a good balance I barely feel like smoking anymore. 2 lessons: I only smoke hash for solo sessions (its a sort of cut your loss, I feel less groggy and can work more also sleep better) secondly my smoking was mostly to relieve stress. Exercise and balanced schedule (accomplishing things) take away from my need to smoke.

Weed for music creation and listening is key and blazing a jay is still the shit but hopefully I can continue into this phase where blazing is a ''special'' well earned time to congradulate myself.

Smoking before record shopping

blazing is a ''special'' well earned time to congradulate myself.

this is key

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts

I stopped smoking weed a long time ago, but I did find that it impared my judgment in terms of good sounding records. Plus, there's the memory factor. And the burnout factor. These combined, if I ever started smoking again, it definately wouldn't be prior to record shopping.

• Smoking before record shopping
    I stopped smoking weed a long time ago, but I did find that it impared my judgment in terms of good sounding records. Plus, there's the memory factor. And the burnout factor. These combined, if I ever started smoking again, it definately wouldn't be prior to record shopping.

i have wasted many a buck going record shopping while impared, its like going to the grocery store after not eating for a week, you get so many things you really dont need

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

i have wasted many a buck going record shopping while impared, its like going to the grocery store after not eating for a week, you get so many things you really dont need

All of this is true, for me though smoking up a jay at 4pm on a friday after studying is like a combined reward like smoking before a movie. It has impaired my judgement but in the world of records at least, trading is partial salvation.

• Smoking before record shopping

nah, not for me. only difference between digging sober, is that after some tree, i tend to dig much more patiently. pulling out and flipping over lp's i might have usually flipped past. i've found some gems this way too.

• I smoke one gram in three days. Has been like that for some years now. I mix with tobacco but other than that I don't smoke. I can't work when stoned (okay, mixing music, putting records up on ebay, that stuff I can handle). So I'm smoking late in the evening, listening to records or reading.

• 6fran506fran50 266 Posts
    now that i smoke only few times a month, i m considering to stop definitely, caus 2 or 3 puffs on a joint make me so high that i feel faint too much often ...

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    i smoke (weed) at least once a day, and usually numerous times on the weekends. usually out of a pipe, bong for special occassion, blunts for parties

• slushslush 691 Posts
    i think a lot of stoners blame their failing memory, or brain capacity on weed, when its probably more their malnutrition from eating so much crap. Granted, you will not remember phone numbers or the book you just read the night before, but personally... if i eat right, i dont have a lot of problems with smoking. I'll remember that book about 2 months later talking to some girl on the street.

ive had whole years in between smoking daily where i just stopped. ive never seen it as particuarly addictive. Only in the sense that when im not high I'm much more anxious and spazzy. I'd rather not be anxious and spazzy so I end up smoking a lot. Its my substitute for prescribed drugs

• Options
    Iv'e been smoking crazy shit the past few months..."Trainwreck" being my favorite,you know.... that hippy weed as someone here calls it...
    Many bowls a day...im trying to quit now though and it's hard.
    I had this shit called "Purps" that had purple spots in the bud...I did one binger and it felt like an acid trip was coming on...strong shit from Vermont.I had some of Cheech Marin's cannibus cup 2004 winning strain this year called "Jackherrer"...that was nice.

The best buds i had this year was this strain called Green Mountain Shine i scored from this kid from Vermont.

Fuck,my new girlfriend want's me to quit...what do i do?

my old[/b] girlfriend wanted me to quit

that's what you do.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    How about...ummmm...right now:

• after smoking almost daily for about 14 years, i got a job where they have random drug tests... i haven't smoked once since july, and i fiend for that shit, but it isn't worth risking my job... random weed tests are bullshit

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

yup uh-huh.
    a couple bowls throughout the day and i'm gravy.

• I don't smoke, period. Never understood the appeal of cigarettes and the few times I tried weed it didn't do shit so I never saw the point. So, I don't touch any of the flammables. I've never even really been tempted to get into smoking weed just judging by some of the people I know that smoke it. I know cats who can't function without waking and baking and that just seemed really sad to me. Guys who feel like they can't enjoy doing things unless they're high, things like that...always just struck me as kind of pathetic.