PArk SlOpe VS. Williamsburg

124»

Comments

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

George Carlin used to a great riff on how he and his pals grew up in Morningside Heights, but decided to call it "White Harlem" instead...

aka "Columbia Ghetto"

Main difference between UWS & UES is where the West side has book shops, the East side has "Fur Storage".

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

This is either
    a) the epitome of understatement.
    b) yet more non-journalism from the nation's most prestigious newspaper.

16 x 46 storey towers = no "may" or "eventually"

I'm pretty pissed at how this has now become a non-issue for all the politicians who were sort of fighting it. They get to say "affordable housing" in an election year, and it wouldn't surprise me if they all got a nice donation to their campaign funds from the developers. It was destined to happen of course, this is NYC. But the way this will be done will ruin N. Brooklyn and I think this plus the Ground Zero fiasco may help to totally ruin the city as a whole. Luxury property development is now the only capitalist venture with any sort of return these days (apart from Exxon stocks), partly because it is subsidized by the little taxpayer suckers. So if everybody gets into it, it's the definition of a bubble. Me thinks the boat marina will never see a boat. Yeah, I live in Williamsburg and have a yacht. WTF.