Is Shoes With No Socks Ever A Good Look? (NRR)

d_wordd_word 666 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central

Ever?

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    NEVER THAT SON! Walk away with shoes AND socks on dun!

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Boat shoes.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I decided to stop wearing socks once a few years ago. I had just sold my car for $400 cash & I felt very liberated - anyhow, I was in the grocery store with my friend after that buying beer & I had this moment of clarity that I would buy a decent guitar with the money, and stop wearing socks. After about a week my shoes started to feel gummy inside & it was gross. But, I still have the guitar I bought.

• WWCD

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I think he'd wear socks.

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts

"ALWAYS!"

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    That's the bad guy from Pretty in Pink ain't it?

• YESS

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts

YIKES

• This post needs to be retitled

"Is Shoes With No Socks Ever A Good Smell?"

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    vans slip on's are cool, never a good smell though.

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    What about MJ rockin the white socks with the black tux on the album cover? Was it thriller? Is that a better look than no socks at all?

• [cliche]If it feels good. Do it.[/cliche]

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts

• what about birkenskunk?

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
    I never rocks socks in the summer. I don't care if I'm wearing boots...lol

I don't get athletes foot either... And I flip the odor eaters montly to get around the smell

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

SERIOUS.

this reminds me, i went to the theater and saw that michael mann is making a miami vice movie. this cannot be good

• I like to let my ankles and calfs breath in the summertime. you gotta get those shorty-like-low-profile socks otherwise you ruin your kicks. I straight up had to throw away my fav adidas after last summer. no amount of talc was saving them.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    In the summertime, shoes sans sox can be a good look, things like slip on Vans & Chucks can get real stinky & grimey though because of the thin layer of canvas between your foot & the rubber. Usually now I wear those small ankle sox, otherwise I was having to put my checkerboard slip ons through the wash every couple of weeks. I once did a 10 day skateboarding & sightseeing trip of Japan in the summer with chucks & no sox, by the end they were smelling so bad I would have to leave them outside the Hostels, Ryokans & houses we were staying at overnite, I seriously couldn't even leave them in the genkan, I was sure they were gonna start walking away by themselves.

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    This thread is supposed to be bout haute couture not hygiene concerns peoples.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    This thread is supposed to be bout haute couture not hygiene concerns peoples.

the more haute couture your look is, the less of a good look it is. Adrien up there is x10. but you're on some grubby, punk/skater shizz, then some beat up chuck taylor lows without socks look alright, i think.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

SERIOUS.

this reminds me, i went to the theater and saw that michael mann is making a miami vice movie. this cannot be good

http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/miamivice/large.html

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    depends on your grandpa really

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    how many of you guys wear white socks?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I only wear my white socks once.

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    Yes, when it's done

• Options
    I think it was Aser who sonned me for the following pic:

Those are Wigwams. Most wicked sock.

You can see Leo Sayer's head peeking out above the fish gill too, I had to ask Raj to send me another one since that one got blood and slime all down the back.