Rose Bowl

GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
Can't wait for the game tonight. Let's hear those predictions.I'm going w/ 34-31 USC w/ Lendale White as yr Rose Bowl MVP.I know there's a lot of SoCals on here. I live in Austin but I'm a SEC guy (LSU) by birth so I've grown to loathe the Horns, although I have a lot of respect for this Longhorn team.Should be a great game. USC is too tough and they've been there. Look for VY to have a couple of fumbles.

Comments

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    office pool on the line tonight. texas +7.5 and i get

• office pool on the line tonight. texas +7.5 and i get

I think you're goldie mang. It's going to be close.

• Looks like the money I repay every month in student laons to fund the SC team.
    Go trojans.

• reskresk 391 Posts
    Reggie Bush is a monster, did anyone see those high school vids of him playing? INCREDIBLE, just amazing.

Vince Young is also unbelievable, always fun to watch.

Im hoping Texas can pull the slight upset, but not counting on it.

This game should be one to remember.

• did anyone see those high school vids of him playing? INCREDIBLE, just amazing.

YES!!! The sports equivalent of a

It looked like young #5 just had a forcefield or somethin'...cats just bouncin off of him.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Troy by 17.

• UT by 2 touchdowns.

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    Just want SC to win. By 1, by 3 or by a landslide - I'll take it however I can get it

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    UT by 2 touchdowns.

Absolutely not going to happen.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I honestly don't know what is going to happen. Both teams are so explosvie. I think whoever's defense shows up will win this one. One thing i heard that does not bode well for the Horns. USC faced 6 of the top 23 offenses (or something like that). Those who say they didn't play anybody are kidding themselves.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Reggie Bush is a monster

i don't know jack about football, and the only game i saw of the Trojans was the game this season againgst UCLA. But he reminds me of Dwayne Wade; Young, doesn't say much, and plows right through the offense.

• Options
    I'm for Texas, only because I saw them play twice this year and didn't get to see USC at all. And I want Vince Young on the Jets. And I used to have a Texas hat.

Gonna be fun to watch either way. I know a stripper from Texas and a hooker from Cali, I'm gonna call them up and have them fight on my lawn.

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    I honestly don't know what is going to happen. Both teams are so explosvie. I think whoever's defense shows up will win this one. One thing i heard that does not bode well for the Horns. USC faced 6 of the top 23 offenses (or something like that). Those who say they didn't play anybody are kidding themselves.

Another advantage Carroll and USC have going in is previous recent experience in the title game; as loaded as the Longhorns are going in, this'll be the largest game (in their lives so far) for both Young and coach Mack Brown: remains to be seen if they're up for the challenge...

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    ok that was pretty much the best college game ive ever watched

vince young.. dude is x 1000000

leinert: "i still think we're the better team"

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    That one will definitely go down as an all-time classic.

• reskresk 391 Posts

probably the most bitch shit ive heard all season, dude needs to be slapped for saying that. talk about unsportsmanship.

vince young = (no homo)

matt leinart =

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    definitely one of the best college games i ever seen
    vince made me scream on that last touchdown
    i told my boys on the court that texas was goin to come through tonight
    wow

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    AWWWW SHIT! i gained 10 bucks and a lot of happiness tonight. don't even really like the horns but fuck the spoiled ass trojans batches!

vince young is the man. lendale is off the hook too.
    i think leinart and bush both played good games but not up to par - and that's mostly due to texas' d-line. leinart is slow and was contained somewhat by tx defense. reggie's too small to go up against the horns. ultimately though, i gotta agree with leinart's comments even though talking that ish after losing is a bitch move.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Vince Young put on one hell of a show and Texas made a stop when they needed it most. That said USC threw the game in the toliet in the first half with two very silly decisions. First, Carroll doesn't take a field goal on the second drive and then Reggie decides to go for the back breaker with a pitch after a 45 yard screen play. Not a good look. As great as Young played that game would have been over if those two choices had not been made. The best Rose Bowl ever will remain the 1997 classic between OSU and ASU. Much better played and just as suspenseful.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    today i learned that vince young has one class at school... ballroom dancing. this is no fucking joke. just for that he's playa #1 in my book, next to natebizzo of course.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

The one month off really took some steam out of USC.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

sayin

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    I'm not one to normally blame the refs but they gave Texas not one but two huge breaks.

Still a great game, though.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    Where was Reggie Bush in usc's last possesion? If you won the heisman, you get your playmaker on the field. Especially on 4th down. He was due.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

probably the most bitch shit ive heard all season, dude needs to be slapped for saying that. talk about unsportsmanship.

vince young = (no homo)

matt leinart =

you know absolutely nothing about football if you think Texas is a better team.......the better team does not always win.....They are a one man show and Vince Youngpepper was allowed to whatever he wanted last night....

Pete Carroll is 100 % responsible for the loss.....he's the defensive coordinator and his decision making was terrible ......NOT TO MENTION THE 4th & 2 DECISION

Vince Youngpepper was down when he pitched the ball on the 10 yard line....no review.....HUGE PLAY

the BIGGEST mistake was not the decision to go for it on 4th & 2 ....that was very dumb, but when Reggie "i'm going #1 in the draft so fuck it" Bush decided to pitch the ball back on that long run and fumbled....that may have been the dumbest decision i've seen in a football game

last but not least.......dont everyone start blowing on Vince Youngpepper's dick.....he's a very good college quarterback because he's a fucking defensive end playing quarterback against college kids.....dude is like 6'5' 250 ? .....he has above average speed for his size and is impossible for a college kid to tackle...nothing more....he's a defensive end with a good arm......he will get his ass handed to him in the NFL

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts

Vince Youngpepper was down when he pitched the ball on the 10 yard line....no review.....HUGE PLAY

they would've scored anyway, probably on the next play. obviously USC wasn't concerned about it or they would've called a time out to buy time for the play to be reviewed.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    last but not least.......dont everyone start blowing on Vince Youngpepper's dick.....he's a very good college quarterback because he's a fucking defensive end playing quarterback against college kids.....dude is like 6'5' 250 ? .....he has above average speed for his size and is impossible for a college kid to tackle...nothing more....he's a defensive end with a good arm......he will get his ass handed to him in the NFL.

• reskresk 391 Posts

vince young = (no homo)

matt leinart =

you know absolutely nothing about football if you think Texas is a better team.......the better team does not always win.....They are a one man show and Vince Youngpepper was allowed to whatever he wanted last night....

Pete Carroll is 100 % responsible for the loss.....he's the defensive coordinator and his decision making was terrible ......NOT TO MENTION THE 4th & 2 DECISION

the BIGGEST mistake was not the decision to go for it on 4th & 2 ....that was very dumb, but when Reggie "i'm going #1 in the draft so fuck it" Bush decided to pitch the ball back on that long run and fumbled....that may have been the dumbest decision i've seen in a football game

last but not least.......dont everyone start blowing on Vince Youngpepper's dick.....he's a very good college quarterback because he's a fucking defensive end playing quarterback against college kids.....dude is like 6'5' 250 ? .....he has above average speed for his size and is impossible for a college kid to tackle...nothing more....he's a defensive end with a good arm......he will get his ass handed to him in the NFL

whos better is subjective. The fact that your gonna loose a game, and still say your the better team is unsportsmanlike. Man up and take the L instead of crying.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    whos better is subjective. The fact that your gonna loose a game, and still say your the better team is unsportsmanlike. Man up and take the L instead of crying.

That game was ridiculous. I don't like either team, but I'm glad Texas won. I hate dynasties unless it's my team

DJ Ferrari

• LuminLumin 807 Posts

vince young = (no homo)

matt leinart =

ed you are buggin
    thats why they have a national championship.... to show who is the better team.
    who did usc play this year that was the same caliber squad as texas???
    stop hatin

the bush pitch was an aight idea, but his boy wasnt ready for it. he wouldve walked into the end zone if he wouldve caught that pitch. yes the turnover was big. bush was tryin to do too much as fouts said.

you sayin young aint a baller?
    that nigga had 427 total yards with 200 yards rushing last night as a qb!
    and i know what you tryin to say about young bein a culpepper. so what? that fool has skills.
    wow man stop hatin